log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Friday, February 23, 2018 @ 8:02 PM
MIAMI VALLEY — A kettle, fire pit, bleeding candles and golf carts are among the new recalls announced by the Consumer Product Safety Commission:
The handles on some Whirlpool KitchenAid electric kettles could come loose and cause the liquid inside to burn you.
There are three reports of minor burns and a total of 79 reports of the handles separating.
OTHER LOCAL NEWS: Student named people he wanted to kill, police say
The recalled kettles come in six colors. Visit repair.whirlpool.com for the full list of model and serial numbers under recall.
Stop using the kettles and contact Whirlpool at 800-874-0608 for a free replacement.
Outdoor Gas Pit Table
Three people have been burned by Hampton Bay outdoor gas fire pit table patio heaters sold exclusively at Home Depot.
The base lacks a heat shield and could burn you when you try to turn it off.
The recalled fire pit has the following model number: G-FTB51057B and UPC 6944937601579.
Contact Yayi at 855-600-9294 for a free repair kit.
Bleeding Drip Candles
Bleeding drip taper candles, by Cost Plus World Market ,are under recall because they may catch fire.
There is one report of the high candle flame igniting the wax, but no injuries.
Stop using the candles and contact Cost Plus World Market at 877-967-5362 for a full refund.
Instant Pot Cookers
Although not an official recall at this time, Instant Pot is warning customers about overheating and melting in certain styles of its cookers.
Yamaha golf cars and personal transportation vehicles (PTVs) are under recall because of 285 reports of the brake cables failing. No one has been hurt.
Several model numbers of gas and electric vehicles sold between 2015 and 2018 are affected.
Don't ride on the cars and PTVs. Contact Yamaha at 800-962-7926 for a free repair.
Stargazer recliner chairs, sold exclusively at REI, are being recalled because straps on the chairs can break and cause you to fall.
No one has been injured, but there is one report of a chair breaking.