log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Friday, November 08, 2019 @ 12:00 AM
By: 88th Air Base Wing Public Affairs
To celebrate and recognize the heritage, history, art and traditions of the American Indians and Alaskan Natives, the following special events are scheduled throughout the month:
• Nov. 13 at the Child Development Centers: Book reading and craft making. The AI/ANHM committee is looking for 15 to 20 volunteers to read and make crafts with the children. Please contact Airman 1st Class Allison Dauterman or Airman 1st Class Tina Wang at 937-257-0500 to volunteer.
• Nov. 16, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the USO Center in Kittyhawk Area: AI/ANHM Cultural Fair. Learn about American Indian/Alaska Native tribes from all over the nation. The AI/ANHM committee is looking for Wright-Patterson personnel who would like to share their AI/AN heritage at the fair. Please contact Airman 1st Class Samira Nurse or Tech. Sgt. Edward Post at 937-257-0500.
• Nov. 21, 5K Cold Turkey Trot Fun Run in Area B: Celebrate American Indian/ Alaska Native Heritage Month. More details are forthcoming. If you’re not interested in walking or running, the AI/ANHM committee is looking for 15 to 20 volunteers to help with setting up, road safety and tear-down. Please contact Capt. Kelsey Pruitt at firstname.lastname@example.org or Airman 1st Class Luis Cintron at 937-257-0500.
• An AIANHM-themed movie showing at the base movie theater, and special menu options at the Pitsenbarger dining facility are currently being worked. More information will be forthcoming.