log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Saturday, April 21, 2018 @ 1:32 PM
By: Breaking News Staff
SPRINGFIELD — Tex-Mex restaurant Casa del Sazón notified its patrons via their Facebook page they have resumed normal operations after a fire was put on the premises Friday evening.
The fire department was dispatched at approximately 8:30 p.m., after a cigarette was thrown on mulch outside the building.
Restaurant manager Armando Soto said no one was hurt, and the only damage caused was to the sidewalk next to the mulch.
"Thankfully we caught it in time and it only damaged the sidewalk," said Soto.
"The fire department came quickly and everything is OK,” Soto said.
The restaurant resumed normal business hours this afternoon.