log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 @ 3:36 PM
By: Michael Clark - Staff Writer
MORGAN TWP. — Fire crews from a half dozen different townships and cities helped to battle a house fire in Morgan Twp. that resulted in the loss of the home but a rescue of two family cats.
Multiple fire crews – including one from northern Hamilton County - responded to a fire Tuesday afternoon in the attached garage of the 1.5-story residence in the 4700 block of Layhigh Road in the Butler County township.
Firefighters on the scene described the blaze, which spread quickly to the house, as fully engulfing the structure.
Later fire crews were ordered out of the house due to concerns the roof was unstable.
There were no injuries.
Morgan Twp. Fire Chief Jeff Galloway said Wednesday the cause of the fire was electrical malfunction in the garage.
Galloway said no total damage estimate is yet available and the investigation into the fire continues.
Morgan Twp. officials later posted on social media, “we responded to a fully involved structure fire on Layhigh Road.
“Thank you to all the mutual aid departments who assisted today: Ross, Reily, Hanover, Colerain townships, Metro Parks of Butler County and the city of Oxford,” township officials wrote.