breaking news

Bomb threat made to Fairmont High School not credible, superintendent says

Published: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 @ 11:03 AM

Staff Photo
Staff Photo

A bomb threat made to Kettering Fairmont High School that was posted to social media was determined to be unfounded and not credible, according to Kettering City Schools Superintendent Scott Inskeep. 

DEVELOPING: Premier Health to close Good Samaritan Hospital in Dayton

Overnight, Inskeep received a message through his Twitter account, claiming the school would be bombed before lunch, he said during a phone call Wednesday. 

Content Continues Below

“Very early this morning, we became aware of the fact that a tweet had been shared to my Twitter account, stating that a bomb would go off at Fairmont High School at lunch time if I didn’t close school today,” Inskeep said in a message to parents. 

The tweet was determined to have come from a “false account,” Inskeep said. The district, along with Kettering police deemed the threat as non-credible. 

“I want to assure you that the safety of our students and staff is always of paramount importance to me, and we will always respond to these types of situations with the best interests of students and staff in mind,” Inskeep added in the message to parents. 

We’ll update this page with more details as they become available. 

Trending - Most Read Stories