log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 @ 7:25 PM
Updated: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 @ 2:00 AM
By: Breaking News Staff
SPRINGFIELD — System trouble with an evaporation fan -- and not an ammonia leak -- prompted the evacuation of the Aldi warehouse in Springfield on Tuesday.
A member of the maintenance crew said a security guard with the company erred on the side of caution and called the fire department when the fan shut off.
A hazmat crew and at least one rescue unit were sent to the facility, located at 4400 S. Charleston Pike, just after 7 p.m. on report of the possible ammonia leak.
"We didn't have an ammonia leak at all," the crew member said. "Everybody's back to work."
If you have a news tip, call our 24-hour line at 937-259-2237 or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org