log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Friday, September 02, 2011 @ 3:33 PM
Updated: Friday, September 02, 2011 @ 4:09 PM
MASON, Ohio — Get ready to splash, swim and float in 2012 when Kings Island opens the largest water park in the region, the all-new Soak City.
Soak City is a $10 million dollar expansion of Kings Islands current water park, nearly doubling in size to 33 acres. The new water park will incorporate many of Kings Islands current popular and innovative water attractions along with the addition of new attractions and elements including:
* New Wave Pool Bigger, more aggressive and thrilling than the parks original wave pool, measuring 39,000 square feet and featuring more than 650,000 gallons of wet and wild waves. Water depth up to six feet deep with wave heights of more than four feet!
* New Action River Renovation of the current Lazy River. New features include interactive areas for spectators and river guests, new waterfalls, rain curtain, tipping buckets, spray hoses, spray units, jets located in the bottom of the trough to shoot up creating turbulent water effects.
* New Entrance The entrance plaza to the water park will be changed as part of the big makeover to Soak City. The outside plaza area will feature a new walkway, new fencing, ticket sales windows, trees and grass. A new façade will welcome guests at the entrance turnstiles.
* More Amenities New family changing rooms, more secluded shade-covered areas and cabanas that feature televisions and fans, including a party cabana by the new wave pool. New menu items will also be available.
* Sand Volleyball Court New professional quality sand volleyball court area designed for both casual and competitive play. Fun and enjoyable activity for families and friends while theyre at Soak City.
* More Lounging Capacity increase of the lounging areas the size of three football fields! There will be more than 1,000 additional chairs available for guests to relax and soak up the sun in Soak City or lay out in the grass.
With more than 50 water activities, including 30 water slides, two wave pools, tropical lagoons, rushing rivers, three family activity areas, sand volleyball courts, careening waterfalls, all surrounded by lush landscaping, no other water park in the area can compare to Soak City.
If you liked Boomerang Bay, then youre going to absolutely love Soak City, Kings Islands vice-president and general manager Greg Scheid said. Soak City has something for everyone in the family and will be the premier water park around.