latest headlines

Franklin strip club fills with smoke after equipment malfunction

Published: Thursday, December 07, 2017 @ 10:17 AM
Updated: Thursday, December 07, 2017 @ 10:57 AM
By: Ed Richter - Staff Writer

A Franklin strip club was evacuated briefly Wednesday evening after some smoke filled the building due to an equipment malfunction.

Firefighters were called at 8:46 p.m. to the New York, New York Cabaret on East Second Street after a rooftop HVAC unit malfunctioned and filled the building with smoke.

MORE: Franklin strip club, employees indicted on 23 charges

The building was evacuated as firefighters got rid of the smoke, Fire Chief Jonathan Westendorf said.

The business reopened a short time later, he said.

There were no injuries reported, according to Westendorf.