Fire starts inside breaker box at Washington Twp. home

UPDATE @ 8 p.m.

Washington Twp. fire Battalion Chief Ian Emmons, said this house fire was electrical nature and appears to have started inside a breaker box.

Smoke poured out of the home once crews made entry. Two occupants got out safely before fire officials arrived.

Dayton Power and Light responded to the scene as well.

No one was injured and no estimate was available yet for interior damages to the home.

"Crews made quick entry and were able to knock it down quickly," Emmons said.


Fire crews are on scene at a house in Washington Twp.

Just before 6:30 p.m. Sunday, flames were reported inside the walls of a basement at a home in the 6500 block of Reigate Road.

We have a photographer on scene and will update this report.