severe weather

Employee Takes Bath At Xenia Burger King

Published: Monday, August 11, 2008 @ 5:33 PM
Updated: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 @ 2:43 PM

A teenage employee celebrated his birthday by taking a bath in the utility sink at the Burger King in Xenia.

Greene County Health Commissioner Mark McDonnell was emailed the video that appeared on MySpace.com and is now using it as evidence.

In the video, the employee dumps water on himself using a bucket marked with the words, "sanitary solution." But McDonnell said the sink is used to clean utensils and there is nothing sanitary about what the teenager did.

McDonnell said, "Any bacteria on his skin could have been deposited giving people food poisoning." And to make matters worse, the person recording the video allegedly told the Burger King manager what was happening, but she continued to count cash.

Content Continues Below

Officials at the Burger King Corp. were notified of the incident Monday, and is cooperating fully with the health department.

IMAGES: Man Takes Bath At Burger King RAW VIDEO: Teen Takes Bath At Burger King

Burger King Corp. said, "We have sanitized the sink and have disposed of all other kitchen tools and utensils that were used during the incident. We have also taken appropriate corrective action on the employees that were involved in this video.

Additionally, the remaining staff at this restaurant is being retrained in health and sanitation procedures."

For more stories like this, visit WHIO-TV's YouTube page

Related