Juveniles arrested after carjacking, SWAT standoff; Suspects linked to earlier shooting, police say

DAYTON — UPDATE @ 3:25 p.m.:

Four juveniles arrested after an hours-long SWAT standoff were later linked to a shooting death involving a ride share driver, according to Dayton police.

>>RELATED: Ride share driver shot, killed in Dayton; 4 juveniles in custody after SWAT standoff <<

Additional details about the investigations will be provided in the link above.


Three juveniles have been taken into police custody for questioning stemming from an investigation into a stolen vehicle that led to an hours-long SWAT standoff Wednesday morning, according to Dayton police.

>>Shooting victim found dead in crashed car in Dayton

Officers took a report overnight of a stolen vehicle that led them to the house in the 300 block of Anna Street around 3 a.m. Wednesday, Dayton police Maj. Chris Malson told News Center 7. Officers located the stolen vehicle outside the house but also found suspects were inside the house and refused to come out.

“(Officers) tried for multiple hours, commands trying to get everybody to come out. (The suspects) refused to come out, which turned into a SWAT and (Hostage Negotiation Team) callout a little after 7′o clock this morning,” Malson said.

Officers surrounded the house and deployed a “noise device” that sounded like a loud boom in the neighborhood during the standoff. Three juveniles and three adults later surrendered and were taken into custody around 9 a.m.

No injuries were reported during the standoff.

The three juveniles taken into custody are being questioned by detectives in connection with the stolen car and could face charges of aggravated robbery and more connected to the standoff, Malson said.

It was not known if the adults in the house were facing any charges or were arrested.

Malson said the juveniles were “known to the house” but it was not known if they lived there or had family that lived there.

Additional details were not released.