log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Thursday, September 13, 2018 @ 10:58 PM
By: Breaking News Staff
DAYTON — A 1-year-old boy is now an orphan after his mother died of an apparent overdose as he slept in his crib nearby.
The baby’s father died when he was 6 weeks old, according to a Dayton police report.
Police and medics were called shortly after noon Wednesday to a report of a person down inside a home in the 1700 block of Humphrey Avenue in Dayton.
A woman, identified as 31-year-old Star Berger, was found laying on the floor in the basement, set up as a living area and bedroom, according to a Dayton police report.
Berger was pronounced dead at 12:14 p.m. and the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office was called.
Her 1-year-old son was sleeping in his crib near his mother.
Montgomery County Children Services also responded, and was to place the baby in the care of a relative.