log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 @ 7:56 AM
Updated: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 @ 10:44 AM
DAYTON — A Dayton man said he woke up to a SWAT team in his bedroom and a gun to his head this morning, but said he wasn’t the man authorities sought.
The man, along with another male and a female resident, were briefly detained at the scene and were in handcuffs as they sat on a sidewalk in front of the residence. Law enforcement officers then released them and left.
The man told media at the scene the three had recently moved into the house in the 1600 block of Gondert Avenue. He said authorities realized the wanted suspects had moved out, and the three were released.
Officials have not confirmed that information, but we have learned that the investigation is being run by the Ohio Attorney General’s Organized Crime Investigations Commission and involves the FBI and the Department of Agriculture.
Published: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 @ 4:55 AM
MIAMISBURG — The Sprint store in Miamisburg was broken into early Wednesday morning.
The break-in was reported around 4:30 a.m. at the store in the 200 block of North Springboro Pike. The front glass is broken.
It’s unknown if anything was stolen.
This story will be updated as additional information becomes available.
On Monday, two area wireless stores were broken into in the early morning hours. It’s unknown if the break-ins are connected.
Published: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 @ 4:40 PM
DAYTON — A Dayton teen was arrested Monday after she allegedly assaulted a 43-year-old woman.
The alleged attacked was caught on video and posted on Facebook.
Martina Carroll was charged with assault and booked into the Montgomery County Jail. The following is a narrative of the incident, according to the police report.
Kettering man killed by officer talked with police chief for job
The incident occurred about 6:30 p.m. The victim told police that she was walking with her granddaughter in the area of North Euclid Avenue and Edison Street when her daughter stopped to pick them up in her car.
Moments later, Carroll came to the vehicle and started arguing with the victim’s daughter. The 43-year-old victim intervened before the argument got physical, and Carroll pulled her out of the car by her hair. Carroll then pulled the victim out of the car and dragged her on the pavement while stricking her multiple times.
Woman arrested on murder charge in Harrison Twp. shooting
The victim had several red marks on the left side of her face and near her eyes, and she told officers that she could not see well.
Carroll had left the scene by the time police arrived, but they went to her house and arrested her. Carroll was upset with the victim’s daughter because she did not go to court for a case involving Carroll.
Published: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 @ 5:13 PM
DAYTON — A former city of Dayton employee was arrested at Belmont High School on Monday in relation to sex crimes involving minors.
Shawn Bailey, 40, of Dayton was charged with unlawful sexual contact with a minor and importuning. A Dayton City Schools spokesperson said Bailey’s crimes are not related to Belmont, and he was at the school to pick up a student when he was arrested.
Arrest made in fatal Harrison Twp. shooting
Bailey was previously employed by the city of Dayton’s recreation department and worked as a referee for the city’s basketball leagues. He resigned as a city employee in 2016, officials said.
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s office, which arrested Bailey, has not released details about the sex crimes they are accusing him of, nor have they said who the victims are.
Published: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 @ 3:58 PM
Updated: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 @ 5:38 PM
BUTLER COUNTY — A Fairfield man charged with aggravated vehicular homicide and vehicular homicide, both fourth-degree felonies, will next appear in Butler County Common Pleas Court later this month.
RELATED: Truck driver indicted for homicide following fiery fatal crash in Hamilton
Tracy Moore, 45, of Frieda Drive, had his arraignment before Judge Noah Powers on Tuesday morning after he retained attorney Ken Crehan. Moore will have his pre-trial hearing at 1 p.m. May 29, according to court records.
He was given an OR bond.
On Oct. 20, the concrete bucket truck driven by Moore was traveling west on Ohio 129 near Fair Avenue when it rear-ended the SUV driven by Deanna Gilreath, 58, of Hamilton. Gilreath’s Jeep Liberty burst into flames and she died at the scene.
A Hamilton police investigation indicated Moore’s license was under suspension at the time of the fatal accident. Moore was driving a truck from Tri-State Concrete located in Hamilton, according to investigators.
RELATED: Attorney wants second opinion regarding Ross student charged with murder
A preliminary police report obtained by this news outlet in the fall indicated the truck’s brakes might have failed. The truck was estimated to have been traveling 65 mph when it struck Gilreath’s SUV, according to police. The posted speed limit on Ohio 129 at Fair Avenue is 35 mph.