log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Thursday, April 11, 2019 @ 8:43 AM
By: Nancy Bowman - Contributing Writer
TROY — A Miami County grand jury has indicted a former Troy man serving at least 20 years in prison for the rape of a five-year-old boy on two additional rape charges involving children.
William T. Baker, 46, was arraigned Wednesday in Miami County Common Pleas Court and pleaded not guilty to two first-degree felony rape counts handed up by the grand jury in late March.
Baker is accused of the rape of two children – one four years old and one six years old – between Jan. 1, 2013, and Dec. 31, 2013, according to the indictment.
The victims in the new cases were brought to police attention in the fall, Detective Capt. Jeff Kunkleman of the Troy Police Department said Wednesday. One victim is a boy and the other a girl. The alleged offenses took place near the Imperial Court area, he said.
Baker was convicted in 2016 of raping a five-year-old boy, also in Troy, and sentenced to 20 years to life in prison on two counts of rape. He initially was indicted on 10 counts in that case. Baker previously was convicted of sex offenses against a 10-year-old and served four years in prison before his release in 2005.
In the 2016 case, police said Baker told them the initial contact with the child was “accidental” but that later incidents were not.
During sentencing on that case, Judge Christopher Gee said, “The English language doesn’t contain words that would adequately describe the danger this defendant presents to the public.”
Kunkleman said Wednesday police were not aware of any additional allegations against Baker.