log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Thursday, October 12, 2017 @ 8:22 PM
Updated: Friday, October 13, 2017 @ 7:16 PM
McLEAN TWP., Shelby County — UPDATE @ 6:55 p.m.: The third suspect sought in the Shelby County shots fired incident is in custody, according to the sheriff’s office.
Matthew Boulden, 20, of Maryland, was apprehended with the assistance of Piqua police, according to a statement from the sheriff’s office.
Boulden is in jail on one count of felonious assault. He is to be in court on Monday, according to online jail records.
UPDATE @ 11:45 a.m. (Oct. 13)
Shelby County Sheriff’s deputies were called about 7:50 p.m. Thursday because of a fight and gunfire, according to a statement from the sheriff’s office.
Deputies found a male who had been seriously injured from an assault. The deputies determined that in addition to the assault, as many as four shots had been fired, according to the sheriff’s statement.
Three suspects left before deputies arrived. Witnesses identified two of them as Dustin Seiber, 21, of Troy and Michael Butts, 28, of Piqua.
Both were apprehended in the area of the Upper Valley Medical Center in Troy and booked into the Shelby County Jail on single counts of felonious assault. Deputies seized the suspect vehicle as well.
Deputies are still searching for the third suspect.
UPDATE @ 9:15 p.m. (Oct. 12)
A shooting reported tonight in Shelby County is under investigation.
According to initial reports, a male was grazed by a bullet during a fight by the Oak Tree Restaurant, 12111 state Route 363, near Minster. A manager there said people inside did not see anything.
A sheriff’s dispatcher said the shooting was under investigation and she could not give further information, including the time the shooting was reported.
Police radio traffic indicated the shooter used a 9 mm handgun and fired at others before fleeing in a vehicle described as a red minivan bearing no license plates.
Crews were called tonight to a report of a person suffering from a gunshot wound.
According to initial reports, a male was grazed by a bullet during a fight in the 12,000 block of state Route 363.
Published: Friday, July 20, 2018 @ 10:19 PM
Updated: Friday, July 20, 2018 @ 11:00 PM
SPRINGFIELD — UPDATE @ 11 p.m.
Alcohol may have been a factor in a three-vehicle crash Friday night that sent four people to area hospitals.
The impact of the crash around 9:10 p.m. in the 2300 block of East Main Street forced a red car and silver SUV off the roadway and into a McDonald’s parking lot.
According to witnesses, the driver of the red car pulled out of KFC and in front of a white pickup truck, which then struck it. The car then hit the SUV.
The driver of a red car was taken to Miami Valley Hospital in serious condition. Two passengers in the red car and the pickup driver were taken to Springfield Regional Medical Center. Their injuries were not life-threatening.
A woman and her children inside the SUV were not hurt, she said.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation by the Springfield Police Division.
Multiple injuries were reported tonight in a three-vehicle crash on East Main Street.
The crash was reported around 9:10 p.m. in the 2300 block of East Main Street in front of McDonald’s and KFC.
Main Street is down to one lane going eastbound, with the westbound lanes blocked.
There were crash victims taken to Springfield Regional Medical Center, but their names and the severity of injuries was not immediately available.
Published: Friday, July 20, 2018 @ 2:55 PM
Updated: Friday, July 20, 2018 @ 2:49 PM
WAYNE COUNTY, Indiana — Richmond Police and federal agents are searching for two possibly armed men who eluded them after a chase Friday afternoon on the north side of the Middlefork Reservoir area in Richmond, Indiana.
The Wayne County 9-1-1 Center sent out two tweets alerting residents in the area to the manhunt. Reports are the two men are wanted on child molestation charges.
A man living in the area who contacted our newsroom said he and other residents were told by Richmond Police to stay indoors. The man added police suggested contacting them for an escort if you needed to go outside to get in to your vehicle.
The man told our newsroom a boat and a drone appeared to being used in the search.
According to emergency dispatch the suspect eluded police during a foot chase and is now at large. Indiana University East issued an alert Friday stating their campus was on lockdown. The campus was later closed for the day as the manhunt continued.
Published: Friday, July 20, 2018 @ 11:57 AM
DAYTON — A local man rapped his way into handcuffs Thursday afternoon.
Anywyane D. Lowe, 36, was arrested for criminal trespassing as he ignored an officer and rapped while receiving a citation, according to a Dayton police report.
Police were flagged down by a Marathon gas station employee during their patrol around 12:35 p.m. Tuesday. The employee claimed that Lowe repeatedly harasses customers, begs for money and returns to the gas station after being told to leave, according to the report.
WEATHER RIGHT NOW: Strong to severe storms expected today; tornadoes, high winds, hail possible
Police drove up the block from the Marathon in the 1900 block of North Main Street to confront Lowe, who was seated on his bicycle near a group of people. Police notified Lowe that he could not ride his bicycle on the sidewalk, but instead of replying, he began to rap; he appeared to be trying to impress the people nearby who recorded the song with their cellphones, read the report.
Lowe continued to ride his bicycle on the sidewalk, and at one point, after police handed him his citation, he tore the document, crumpled it into a ball, and rode away, according to the report.
After continuous disregard and bicycle riding, officers apprehended Lowe and transported him to Montgomery County Jail. He is awaiting court action for his criminal trespassing charge.
Published: Thursday, July 19, 2018 @ 10:12 AM
— Five Moraine police officers named in a wrongful death civil lawsuit for the October fatal shooting of a Dayton man are seeking a jury trial.
John Howard, Jerry Knight, Michael Cornely, Justin Eller and Brian O’Neal “deny all allegations” in the March suit filed in federal court by the estate of Jamarco McShann, court records show.
The five – along with “unnamed officers” – were listed as defendants in connection with the early-morning Oct. 20 shooting death of McShann outside Valleyview Village Apartments on Pinnacle Road.
The officers “willfully and maliciously” killed McShann, 23, “and/or failed to intervene to prevent the use of deadly force against him despite the duty and the opportunity to do so,” the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court alleges.
Authorities said McShann died from “multiple shotgun and gunshot wounds” after a confrontation with Howard and Knight.
The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation oversaw a probe into the shooting at the request of the Moraine Police Division. A week after the lawsuit was filed, a Montgomery County grand jury decided against indictments in the case.
The grand jury found the officers “acted lawfully under the circumstances,” according to the county prosecutor’s office.
That decision came after two days of testimony involving 15 witnesses, prosecutors said. The law firm filing the wrongful death suit in was given the opportunity to provide the names of witnesses, but failed to do so, prosecutors said.
A pretrial conference hearing is scheduled Aug. 23, court records show. Judge Thomas Rose is hearing the case.
-MORE COVERAGE OF THIS ISSUE: