log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Monday, September 08, 2014 @ 12:20 PM
Updated: Monday, September 08, 2014 @ 12:20 PM
By: Breaking News Staff
DAYTON — A man called police yesterday to say someone tried to poison his dog's water with antifreeze.
According to a Dayton police report, the man told officers that his dog, a 1-year-old pit bull named Zeus, is kept on a leash in a gated back yard on Sherman Street.
He said he gave his dog fresh water around 3 a.m., and then when he went back outside just after 1:30 p.m., the water in the bowl had been replaced with a green liquid, the report states.
The man said he put his finger in it and tasted it, and identified the liquid as antifreeze. He said his dog showed signs of fatigue all the day, and he contacted his veterinary, the report states.