log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 @ 2:27 PM
DAYTON — Montgomery County Sheriff Phil Plummer held a press conference Tuesday afternoon to announce the seizure of more than 50 pounds of cocaine and 1,100 grams of heroin, in addition to multiple arrests during two separate operations within the last 24 hours.
An undisclosed amount of cash and guns were also confiscated, Plummer said. Some of the drugs originated in California and were intended for distribution in the area, he said.
Both operations were carried out by the Miami Valley Bulk Smuggling Task Force.
The seizures and arrests were the culmination of an 11 month investigation into a drug trafficking operation in and around Dayton, Plummer said.
Tuesday’s operation resulted in the arrest of Jamie Harris, also known as Snoop, and Charles Moore. Both have been selling large amounts of meth, heroine, cocaine and marijuana throughout the Miami Valley, the sheriff said.
Teen killed in crash on Ohio 48 in Clearcreek Twp. identified
The operation started about 6:30 Tuesday morning when the Homeland Security’s Special Response Team raided a home in the 2900 block of Moraine Avenue in Dayton. As officers were attempting to apprehend Moore, he threw two pounds of meth from his car, according to a press release.
Detectives then went to two other homes in the 4900 block of Fortman Avenue in Jefferson Twp. and 10 block of Belle Meadow Drive in Trotwood to complete the operation, the release said.
At those locations officials seized 12 pounds of meth, 750 grams of heroin, 350 grams of cocaine, 50 pounds of marijuana, thousands of dollars in cash and two handguns.
The other operation was carried out Monday when the Miami Valley Bulk Smuggling Task Force conducted a narcotics investigation in conjunction with the Illinois State Police. It resulted in the arrest of Armando Takata-Napoles, Sixto Flores-Zazueta Jr., Sixto Flores-Zazueta Sr., and Violet Zazueta.
They were in possession of 20 pounds of cocaine, and 10 kilos was being taken to Springfield, according to the release, noting that Napoles was accepting the cocaine.
None of the suspect in either operation has been charged.
Published: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 @ 6:44 PM
lebanon — Two 13-year-old Mason boys on Wednesday were placed on probation and ordered to write an apologies for making threats against their school in separate incidents in April.
In a third hearing Wednesday in Warren County Juvenile Court, Judge Joe Kirby released to a Clearcreek Twp. boy to his father. The student was charged with threatening to shoot up his school on May 15 with Nerf guns.
Over the past three months, Kirby has presided over 15 or more school threat cases.
On Wednesday, the Mason boys appeared in separate hearings where they admitted to charges before being sentenced.
One boy was accused of “circulating a warning of an impending crime, namely someone wanting to shoot students at the Mason Middle School, knowing the warning to be false” on April 8, according to charging documents.
The threat, posted on the district’s Schoology page, contained “a great deal of vulgarity” indicated the boy was “impersonating a classmate, and that there was no credible threat to school or student safety,” according to a message from the district.
The other boy admitted “murmuring” a threat to shoot his teacher after being reprimanded for listening to videos with headphones during class on April 12.
Both passed polygraphs, admitted to inducing panic and received suspended detention sentences.
Kirby was harder on the boy who used his friend’s computer identity to make the threat. The friend’s parents said he had been shaken by the experience.
“Unbelievable,” Kirby said. “It sounds to me like you’re a jerk.”
In the other case, lawyer Ed Perry said violent video games arm the children with words like Glock, the kind of gun his client said he would use on his teacher, although he admitted during the hearing he didn’t know much about that type of gun.
“I don’t think the children appreciate what they are talking about,” Perry said.
Published: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 @ 3:41 PM
MIAMI COUNTY — Nearly $4,000 worth of methamphetamine was seized Saturday in Troy during a traffic stop on Interstate 75 and a man is now facing felony charges.
Brian Roose, 36, of Edgerton, was arrested near the Ohio 55 exit on I-75.
Roose allegedly had 74 grams of meth, a scale, packaging materials and other pieces of paraphernalia in his possession when troopers pulled him over around 11:25 a.m., troopers said.
Troopers said Roose also had a loaded rifle and a handgun in the vehicle.
Roose was booked into jail on suspicion of multiple drug and weapons charges, however was not listed as an inmate Wednesday.
Published: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 @ 11:12 AM
HARRISON TWP. — A shots fired investigation has deputies blocking both directions of North Dixie Drive south of Needmore Road in Harrison Twp. Wednesday morning.
A man told our crew on the scene he was shot at, but was not injured. Dispatchers said this incident might have started nearby on Foxton Court.
No shooting victims have been found, however, scanner traffic indicates a medic unit was requested to the scene for someone suffering breathing problems around 10:30 a.m.
Additional details were not available, we’ll update this page as we learn more.
Published: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 @ 5:19 PM
HAMILTON — A former Butler County resident was arrested last weekend in Hamilton on sexual assault charges from Wayne County, Ind.
Shawn D. Jones, 41, was booked into the Butler County Jail at 1:23 a.m. Sunday after he was located in the 600 block of East Avenue.
Jones was taken into custody after police learned he may be in the city. He was spotted on the porch of a house and arrested, according to Hamilton Sgt. Brian Robinson
On May 17, an arrest warrant was issued by Indiana law enforcement for Jones’ arrest for rape, aggravated battery, criminal confinement and strangulation, all felonies, according to an article in the Palladium-Item newspaper.
Jones, formerly of St. Clair Avenue in Hamilton, allegedly punched a woman in the face and beat her with a belt May 5 in her Richmond, Ind., home, according to court records. He also allegedly tried to hit the woman with an electric heater, but she blocked the blow with her arm, which resulted in a broken bone, according to court records.
Jones is also accused of sexually assaulting the woman multiple times and of choking her to the point she could not breathe.
He waived an extradition hearing this week in Butler County Common Pleas Court and is awaiting transport back to Indiana.