MONTGOMERY COUNTY — Multiple owners of hotels located in the Dayton and Montgomery County area have donated 25,000 masks to community members.
Dayton & Montgomery County Public Health helped the owners identify areas of critical need, according to a press release.
Many of the masks were donated to various healthcare facilities, first responders, senior centers, homeless shelters and food banks.
The hotels involved in the donation include:
- Evolv Hotels (Comfort Inn Dayton - Huber Heights)
- The Witness Group (Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton/Vandalia, Springhill Suites By Marriott Dayton Vandalia, Home2 Suites by Hilton Dayton Vandalia, SpringHill Suites Miamisburg/Dayton South and Hampton Inn Dayton Mall)
- Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
- Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Dayton/Riverside
- Air View Inn Riverside
- Scarlet & Gray Hospitality (Holiday Inn Express & Suites Centerville and Home2 Suites Centerville)
“We are not just owners, we are neighbors,” said Bhavin Patel, managing partner at Evolv Hotels.
“We want to be able to give back to our communities and to be a resource when and where there is a need.”
Evolv Hotels and The Witness Group have also donated food items, toiletries and rooms to those in need as well as their own furloughed associates.
© 2020 Cox Media Group