’It was a costly lesson to be learned’ says Dayton man who was threatened after exchanging nude photos during video chat

UPDATE @ 10:30 p.m.:

The Dayton man who said he was a victim of an extortion attempt spoke to News Center 7's Sean Cudahy Monday night.

After the victim and the woman’s sexual exchanges via Skype, she said she would call him back in a few minutes.

>> Man leads police on pursuit after taking car by knife point

“She calls me back and she informed me ‘I want you to bring me $200 over to such and such place,’ I was so blown away I just kinda didn’t know what to say. Then it kinda hit me and I informed her ‘I’m not gonna give you a dime’,” the victim said. “But what I will do I will call the authorities and let them know what you’re up to, ya know because I don’t know I started thinking, how many people have you done this to. I’m not gonna be a victim so I called the police and informed them what was going on.”

The advice the victim would give to others is to “be aware of people that you don’t know, be aware of the conversation.”


Dayton man said he was the victim of an extortion attempt after exchanging nude photos during a video chat, according to a police incident report.

>>TRENDING: Multiple downed trees, damaged homes reported in Huber Heights after severe storms

The man told investigators he met the woman on Facebook where they chatted and she steered the conversation toward sexual exchanges, the Dayton police report states.

>>VIDEO: Massive fire at Lake Cumberland resort in Kentucky

The two were video chatting when the woman appeared naked and asked that he send her nude photos. It wasn’t until he sent her the photos that she began to threaten him.

LOCAL WEATHER: Track the latest conditions with Live Doppler 7 Radar

The woman insisted the man send her $100 to an unknown location or else she would send the photos to all of his friends and family on his Facebook profile, according to the report.

She told the man that if he did not respond quickly then the situation would get worse and there was nothing the police could do about it.

The woman threatened him further by saying she would share the photos to Google and many other social media platforms.

She is supposedly from France, but now lives in Houston, Texas, the man told investigators.

Police have not made any arrests and it was unknown if a suspect was identified.