log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Friday, September 14, 2018 @ 7:23 AM
— The 22nd Air Force Marathon is scheduled for this weekend and the Dayton area will welcome thousands of runners to the annual race at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
The marathon’s events kicked off Thursday and run through Saturday evening. They include everything from speakers, special meals, and an expo to big-name speakers and an after party.
Here’s a look at the events scheduled this weekend for the Air Force Marathon.
• 8 a.m.: Breakfast of Champions at Holiday Inn Dayton/ Fairborn, 2800 Presidential Drive.
• 10 a.m.: Bib pick up, sports and fitness expo at Wright State’s Nutter Center.
• 3:30 p.m.: American Olympian Jeff Galloway speaks at sports and fitness expo.
• 5:30 p.m.: Dinner at the National Museum of the United States Air Force at Wright-Patt.
• 6:15 p.m.: Opening ceremony for the Air Force 5K hosted by Wright State.
• 6:30 p.m.: Air Force 5K starts at Setzer Pavilion behind the WSU Nutter Center.
• 7:30 p.m.: Air Force 5K award presentations.
• 5 a.m.: Runner entry gates open at Wright-Patt.
• 7:10 a.m.: Air Force Marathon and 10K opening ceremonies.
• 7:25 a.m.: Wheeled marathon starts.
• 7:30 a.m.: Air Force Marathon and 10K both start.
• 8:15 a.m.: Air Force Half Marathon opening ceremony.
• 8:30 a.m.: Air Force Half Marathon starts.
• 8 a.m.: Air Force Marathon finish line festival starts.
• 9 a.m.: 10K award presentations at festival tent.
• 11 a.m.: Full and half marathon award presentation at festival tent.
• 5 p.m.: After party at The Greene in Beavercreek, includes beer tasting where runners get $5 off with their medal. After party is free and open to the public.
FIVE FAST READS
THANKS FOR READING