DAYTON — A 64-year-old Dayton man is now in the Montgomery County Jail on a 22-count indictment accusing him of sexual assault against a child.
Larry Nalls is accused of producing more than a dozen photos of the same child he's accused of assaulting in July and August 2018, according to an indictment a Montgomery County grand jury handed up Thursday.
The minor female disclosed the allegations to authorities in November 2018, county Prosecutor Mat Heck Jr.'s office said.
Further investigation, including a search of the defendant’s residence and electronics, uncovered evidence consistent with the child’s accusations, as well as a firearm.
Nalls is barred from possessing a firearm because he was previously convicted of rape in 1989. The defendant served 17 years in prison in that case and was released in 2006.
The indictment lays out the charges this way:
- 18 counts of illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material or performance
- One count, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor
- One count, having weapons while under disability
- One count, gross sexual imposition by force
- One count, sexual imposition of a minor at least 13 but less than 16 years of age
Whenever he is apprehended, arraignment is scheduled for Aug. 13, according to the prosecutor’s office.
© 2020 Cox Media Group