SPECIAL REPORT...


‘This Is Us’ fans grieving over Jack Pearson’s death

Published: Monday, February 05, 2018 @ 6:03 AM

Spoiler Alert: 'This Is Us' Fans Grieve Jack Pearson's Death

The death of Jack Pearson on NBC’s “This Is Us” television show has been expected since the show’s first season, but it finally happened on Super Sunday, Variety reported.

>> Read more trending news

Spoiler alert: If you recorded the show and haven’t watched it yet, skip this article.

In the episode that aired Jan. 23, Pearson’s home catches fire when a faulty slow-cooker is left plugged in overnight. Viewers were left with the impression that Pearson (Milo Ventimiglia) died in the fire, but in Sunday’s episode, which followed Super Bowl LII, he walked away from the blaze. Pearson appeared to be all right, but when he checks into a hospital because of smoke inhalation and second-degree burns on his hands, he dies of a heart attack, CNN reported.

Fans of the show flocked to Twitter to express their sadness at losing Pearson. 

“It’s 5 a.m. and I’m ugly crying because of this show,” one fan tweeted.

“Everybody deserves to be loved by a Jack Pearson,” tweeted another.

“Who needs dumb boys to break your heart when you can watch #ThisIsUs.” tweeted a third person.

A Twitter spokesman said this week’s show received the most tweets since the series debuted, CNN reported.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry donate royal wedding flowers to hospice patients

Published: Monday, May 21, 2018 @ 2:58 AM

WATCH: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Wedding Ceremony

Patients at St. Joseph's Hospice in London received a special gift after Saturday's royal wedding.

>> Meghan Markle's rescue dog, Guy the beagle, goes from shelter pup to royal pet

According to People magazine, Britain's Prince Harry and bride Meghan Markle, now the Duchess of Sussex, gave the hospice some flowers that had been used to decorate St. George's Chapel for their ceremony.

>> Royal wedding: Kitty Spencer stuns with resemblance to her aunt, Princess Diana

"Today we got a very special delivery. Beautiful bouquets made from the #royalwedding flowers which we gave to our patients," the hospice wrote on Facebook, along with a photo of a smiling patient holding a bouquet. "A big thank you to Harry and Meghan and florist Philippa Craddock. Our hospice smells and looks gorgeous. Such a lovely gesture."

>> See the post here

Today we got a very special delivery. Beautiful bouquets made from the #royalwedding flowers which we gave to our...

Posted by St Joseph's Hospice on Sunday, May 20, 2018

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news 

Meanwhile, Markle sent her bridal bouquet to Westminster Abbey "to rest on the Grave of the Unknown Warrior," a tribute to those who died in World War I and other military conflicts, according to a press release.

>> Read more trending news 

"This is a tradition which was begun by HM Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, at her marriage to King George VI in memory of her brother Fergus who was killed in 1915 at the Battle of Loos during the First World War," the release said.

>> See the photo here

Trending - Most Read Stories

Royal wedding: Kitty Spencer stuns with resemblance to her aunt, Princess Diana

Published: Sunday, May 20, 2018 @ 7:22 AM

What You Need to Know: Lady Kitty Spencer

Bride Meghan Markle wasn't the only one turning heads at Saturday's royal wedding.

>> Royal wedding: Meghan Markle wears Princess Diana's aquamarine ring to reception

Many fans of the royals said Lady Kitty Spencer, niece of the late Princess Diana and daughter of Earl Charles Spencer, Diana's brother, looked just like her famous aunt.

>> ‘Royal wedding guest name’ quiz could help scammers get your personal data

According to the New York Daily News, the 27-year-old model wore a forest green Dolce & Gabbana dress with a matching hat and veil. 

>> Read more trending news 

Here's what people were saying:

>> Royal Wedding photos: The kiss, the ring and more highlights

WATCH: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Wedding Ceremony

Trending - Most Read Stories

‘The Chew’ deals with allegations against Mario Batali

Published: Thursday, December 14, 2017 @ 9:45 AM

What You Need To Know About Mario Batali

“The Chew” was forced to address the sexual misconduct allegations that have been brought against chef Mario Batali this week.

Co-hosts Carla Hall, Michael Symon and Clinton Kelly addressed the audience with a statement read on-air on Tuesday. 

>> Read more trending news 

“Yesterday, allegations of past improper behavior surfaced about our own Mario Batali, and ABC asked him to step away from the show while those allegations are reviewed,” Kelly said.

“We want you to know we take these matters very seriously and are committed to a safe work environment,” Symon said.

Hall closed out the statement, saying, “Our commitment to our viewers remains the same, to deliver the entertaining show that you’ve come to expect.”

On Monday, in an article posted on Eater, four women accused the celebrity chef of sexual misconduct spanning “at least two decades.”

Related: Chef Mario Batali leaves ‘The Chew’ amid sexual harassment allegations

In the wake of the allegations, Batali has stepped down from the day-to-day operations of his restaurants, but still remains the owner of many of the establishments. ABC said they asked Batali to step away from “The Chew” as they “review the allegations that have just recently come to (their) attention.”

Related: Anthony Bourdain, Tom Colicchio slam Mario Batali amid allegations

Fellow celebrity chefs Anthony Bourdain and Tom Colicchio were quick to criticize Batali on Monday. 

“It’s Batali. And it’s bad,” Bourdain tweeted Monday. Colicchio retweeted him, adding, “And no one should be surprised.”

Trending - Most Read Stories

Chef Mario Batali leaves 'The Chew' amid sexual harassment allegations

Published: Monday, December 11, 2017 @ 10:49 AM

What You Need To Know About Mario Batali

Chef Mario Batali is stepping down as co-host of ABC’s cooking and lifestyle show “The Chew” after being accused of sexually harassing and inappropriately touching women, USA Today reported.

>> Read more trending news

Multiple anonymous women alleged in a story by food-trade publication Eater New York that Batali had groped their breasts or buttocks, amid other allegations.

Batali apologized and pledged to try and “regain” the “respect and trust” of his fans, family and business associates.

“I apologize to the people I have mistreated and hurt,” Batali said. “Although the identities of most of the individuals mentioned in these stories have not been revealed to me, much of the behavior described does, in fact, match up with ways I have acted.

“That behavior was wrong and there are no excuses. I take full responsibility and am deeply sorry for any pain, humiliation or discomfort I have caused to my peers, employees, customers, friends and family.”

Batali & Bastianich Hospitality Group — which services about two dozen restaurants owned by Batali, Joe Bastianich and others — confirmed that Batali “will step away from the company's operations,” USA Today reported.

“We have asked Mario Batali to step away from ‘The Chew’ while we review the allegations that have just recently come to our attention,” ABC said in a statement. “ABC takes matters like this very seriously as we are committed to a safe work environment. While we are unaware of any type of inappropriate behavior involving him and anyone affiliated with the show, we will swiftly address any alleged violations of our standards of conduct.”

Batali has been one of four co-anchors of “The Chew” since its inception in 2011, Variety reported. He also recently signed a deal with Food Network to produce new episodes of his cooking series “Molto Mario” for the first time since 2005. Food Network had no comment on the status of that project, Variety reported.

Trending - Most Read Stories