log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Friday, January 19, 2018 @ 12:59 AM
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Rapper Kodak Black was arrested Thursday in South Florida, accused of grand theft of a firearm, possession of marijuana and child neglect, the Broward County Sheriff’s Office said.
Black, 20, whose legal name is Dieuson Octave, also faces two counts of possession of a weapon by a felon and two counts of probation violation, the Sheriff’s Office said in its arrest report. Black was booked at the Broward County Main Jail in Fort Lauderdale.
The native of Pompano Beach, Florida, was arrested in May for breaking the terms of his probation after a court ruled the rapper broke the terms of his probation. He had been arrested for strong arm robbery, false imprisonment, possession of a firearm by a delinquent and fleeing or attempting to elude law enforcement.
On Thursday, a live video was published on Black’s Instagram account. In the brief clip, Black can be heard talking about his cellphone and whether he should turn the device over to authorities.
“Your phone’s part of this search warrant. You are not going to get your phone back,” a man can be heard saying in the video.
Black released a video for his “Roll In Peace” single with XXXTenaction, also known as Jahseh Onfroy, WPLG reported. In the video, Black is shown throwing cash on a courtroom floor.
Published: Monday, May 21, 2018 @ 2:58 AM
LONDON — Patients at St. Joseph's Hospice in London received a special gift after Saturday's royal wedding.
According to People magazine, Britain's Prince Harry and bride Meghan Markle, now the Duchess of Sussex, gave the hospice some flowers that had been used to decorate St. George's Chapel for their ceremony.
"Today we got a very special delivery. Beautiful bouquets made from the #royalwedding flowers which we gave to our patients," the hospice wrote on Facebook, along with a photo of a smiling patient holding a bouquet. "A big thank you to Harry and Meghan and florist Philippa Craddock. Our hospice smells and looks gorgeous. Such a lovely gesture."
Today we got a very special delivery. Beautiful bouquets made from the #royalwedding flowers which we gave to our...Posted by St Joseph's Hospice on Sunday, May 20, 2018
Meanwhile, Markle sent her bridal bouquet to Westminster Abbey "to rest on the Grave of the Unknown Warrior," a tribute to those who died in World War I and other military conflicts, according to a press release.
"This is a tradition which was begun by HM Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, at her marriage to King George VI in memory of her brother Fergus who was killed in 1915 at the Battle of Loos during the First World War," the release said.
The Duchess of Sussex has sent the bouquet she carried during yesterday's #RoyalWedding to Westminster Abbey to rest on the Grave of the Unknown Warrior. More: https://t.co/pdFnYO1S49 @KensingtonRoyal @RoyalFamily pic.twitter.com/TnrCEl4M4u— Westminster Abbey (@wabbey) May 20, 2018
Published: Sunday, May 20, 2018 @ 7:22 AM
WINDSOR, England — Bride Meghan Markle wasn't the only one turning heads at Saturday's royal wedding.
Many fans of the royals said Lady Kitty Spencer, niece of the late Princess Diana and daughter of Earl Charles Spencer, Diana's brother, looked just like her famous aunt.
According to the New York Daily News, the 27-year-old model wore a forest green Dolce & Gabbana dress with a matching hat and veil.
Here's what people were saying:
The one that caught my attention during the #RoyalWedding was none other than Lady Kitty Spencer, the niece of Princess Diana. Pretty just like her aunt. I mean, she resembles her very much 😍. I'm dying....— Aaira (@AaliaBestari) May 19, 2018
Published: Thursday, December 14, 2017 @ 9:45 AM
Co-hosts Carla Hall, Michael Symon and Clinton Kelly addressed the audience with a statement read on-air on Tuesday.
“Yesterday, allegations of past improper behavior surfaced about our own Mario Batali, and ABC asked him to step away from the show while those allegations are reviewed,” Kelly said.
“We want you to know we take these matters very seriously and are committed to a safe work environment,” Symon said.
Hall closed out the statement, saying, “Our commitment to our viewers remains the same, to deliver the entertaining show that you’ve come to expect.”
"Our commitment to our viewers remains the same – to deliver the entertaining show that you’ve come to expect." Clinton Kelly, Carla Hall and Michael Symon address the recent news impacting our show. pic.twitter.com/mObwosDWcd— The Chew (@thechew) December 12, 2017
In the wake of the allegations, Batali has stepped down from the day-to-day operations of his restaurants, but still remains the owner of many of the establishments. ABC said they asked Batali to step away from “The Chew” as they “review the allegations that have just recently come to (their) attention.”
Fellow celebrity chefs Anthony Bourdain and Tom Colicchio were quick to criticize Batali on Monday.
It’s Batali. And it’s bad .— Anthony Bourdain (@Bourdain) December 11, 2017
And no one should be surprised https://t.co/DCLvDzNYwO— Tom Colicchio (@tomcolicchio) December 11, 2017
Published: Monday, December 11, 2017 @ 10:49 AM
Multiple anonymous women alleged in a story by food-trade publication Eater New York that Batali had groped their breasts or buttocks, amid other allegations.
Batali apologized and pledged to try and “regain” the “respect and trust” of his fans, family and business associates.
“I apologize to the people I have mistreated and hurt,” Batali said. “Although the identities of most of the individuals mentioned in these stories have not been revealed to me, much of the behavior described does, in fact, match up with ways I have acted.
“That behavior was wrong and there are no excuses. I take full responsibility and am deeply sorry for any pain, humiliation or discomfort I have caused to my peers, employees, customers, friends and family.”
Batali & Bastianich Hospitality Group — which services about two dozen restaurants owned by Batali, Joe Bastianich and others — confirmed that Batali “will step away from the company's operations,” USA Today reported.
“We have asked Mario Batali to step away from ‘The Chew’ while we review the allegations that have just recently come to our attention,” ABC said in a statement. “ABC takes matters like this very seriously as we are committed to a safe work environment. While we are unaware of any type of inappropriate behavior involving him and anyone affiliated with the show, we will swiftly address any alleged violations of our standards of conduct.”