David Cassidy’s daughter Katie Cassidy left out of his will

Published: Thursday, December 07, 2017 @ 12:01 PM

Singer/actor David Cassidy (R) and his daughter Katie Cassidy pictured in 2007. The late actor has left his daughter out of his will.
Michael Buckner/Getty Images for Family TV Awards/Getty Images for Family TV Award
Singer/actor David Cassidy (R) and his daughter Katie Cassidy pictured in 2007. The late actor has left his daughter out of his will.(Michael Buckner/Getty Images for Family TV Awards/Getty Images for Family TV Award)

The late “Partridge Family” alum David Cassidy intentionally left most of his assets to only one of his two kids.

According to The Blast, Cassidy’s $150,000 in assets were entailed to his son Beau, 26, while daughter Katie, 31, was left out entirely.

>> Read more trending news

“It is my specific intent not to provide any benefits here under to Katherine Evelyn Cassidy, and/or any descendant of Katherine Evelyn Cassidy,” he wrote. 

The contents of the will were written in 2004. At the time, Cassidy and his actress daughter were estranged. The documents also revealed that Cassidy’s three half-siblings — Ryan, 51, Patrick, 55, and Shaun, 59 — were given his music memorabilia.

Related: ‘Partridge Family’ star, ‘70s teen idol David Cassidy dead at 67

The relationship between David and his family had been strained due to his battle with alcoholism, but despite their past conflicts, his family rushed to his side after hearing of his hospitalization.

Inside David Cassidy

“He was delighted to see them,” an unnamed source told People. “There’s been total resolution within the family. They will always be there for him.”

Katie Cassidy took to social media days after her father’s passing to reveal his final words, along with a vow to make the most of her time left with loved ones.

Related: Photos: David Cassidy through the years

“Words cant express the solace our family’s received from all the love & support during this trying time,” the actress tweeted Nov. 24. “My father’s last words were ‘So much wasted time.’ This will be a daily reminder for me to share my gratitude with those I love as to never waste another minute….thank you.”

The 30-year-old “Arrow” star had a complicated relationship with her famous dad, having been raised by her mother and stepfather, model Sherry Williams and Richard Benedon.

Cassidy drifted in and out of his daughter’s life and by February of this year, they were reportedly not on speaking terms.

“I wasn’t her father. I was her biological father but I didn’t raise her. She has a completely different life,” Cassidy told People magazine in 2009. “(But) I’m proud of her. She’s very talented. It’s hard for me to even accept how old she is now.”

Trending - Most Read Stories

Jennifer Lopez celebrates twins Max and Emme’s 10th birthday

Published: Friday, February 23, 2018 @ 1:17 PM

What You Need To Know About Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony’s twins are growing up so fast!

Max and Emme celebrated their 10th birthday on Feb. 22, and Lopez was right there to celebrate with her kids, sharing multiple posts on Instagram. 

>> Read more trending news 

Sharing a video of her kids’ -- whom she affectionately calls her coconuts -- cutest moments throughout the years, Lopez wrote, “It's hard to get my head around the fact that it's been 10 years since these two forces of nature came into my world and changed my life forever... you healed my soul and rejuvenated my existence... you taught me about love and life and myself in a way I never imagined... and I am forever in love with those beautiful faces...”

The proud mother shared two other tributes to her children in their own posts on Instagram with individual heartfelt messages.

Jennifer Lopez (C) and son Maximilian David Muniz (L) and daughter Emme Maribel Muniz (R) pictured in 2015. The musician's twins with ex-husband Marc Anthony turned 10 in Feb. 2018.(Jason Merritt/Getty Images)

“Max you are my heart, my love and my light,” Lopez wrote to her son. “You brighten up every day for me with your kindness and caring, your love and awareness… your energy is unmatched, your sense of humor makes everyone around you laugh, and I marvel at your depth of understanding of people and the world… my old soul, my beautiful boy, Happy 10th Birthday I know you are getting so big but you will always be my precious coconut.”

For her daughter, Lopez celebrated Emme’s “independence and strength,” writing, “Emme you are my soul, my inner child personified the most joyful deep and sensitive human being I have ever met…and I adore everything about you…your artistry, your independence, your strength and your sensitive spirit… Happy 10th Birthday my marshmallow princess…I know you’re growing up so much but you will always be my precious coconut.”

Proud dad Marc Anthony reposted his former wife’s video tribute to Max and Emme on his Instagram page Feb. 22.

According to TMZ, Lopez ceebrated her twin’s milestone birthday Thursday at the Sugar Factory in Las Vegas. From 5 p.m. - 9 p.m., 30 guests celebrated with custom cakes for each child. 

Trending - Most Read Stories

Mother of Alex Rodriguez’s ex says he ‘couldn’t have an intellectual conversation’

Published: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 @ 9:56 AM

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA - DECEMBER 04:  Breakthrough Prize co-founder Anne Wojcicki (L) and Baseball player Alex Rodriguez attend the 2017 Breakthrough Prize at NASA Ames Research Center on December 4, 2016 in Mountain View, California.  (Photo by Kimberly White/Getty Images for Breakthrough Prize)
Kimberly White/Getty Images for Breakthrough Pr
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA - DECEMBER 04: Breakthrough Prize co-founder Anne Wojcicki (L) and Baseball player Alex Rodriguez attend the 2017 Breakthrough Prize at NASA Ames Research Center on December 4, 2016 in Mountain View, California. (Photo by Kimberly White/Getty Images for Breakthrough Prize)(Kimberly White/Getty Images for Breakthrough Pr)

Despite his relationship with Jennifer Lopez, there’s one person who isn’t impressed with Alex Rodriguez — Esther Wojcicki, the mother of his ex-girlfriend, Anne Wojcicki.

“I liked A-Rod, he was a very nice man. He came from a Hispanic family. We liked them, they were very sweet. He seemed to be genuinely in love with Anne. But I right away figured out this was a mismatch. He had no academic background,” Esther Wojcicki told the New York Times in a profile about her daughter. “We couldn’t have an intellectual conversation about anything. His main interest in life was something that none of us had ever focused on, which was baseball.”

>> Read more trending news

Anne Wojcicki is the founder of billion-dollar DNA testing company 23andMe and the ex-wife of Google co-founder, Sergey Brin. “Entertainment Tonight” reported she dated the former Yankee for nearly a year before breaking up in late 2016.

The elder Wojcicki — who is also mother to YouTube CEO, Susan Wojcicki — was critical of her youngest daughter’s boyfriend. Like any protective mother, she wasn’t a fan of A-Rod’s bad habits. It seems her pet peeve was his over-indulging in sports television.

“His main interest in life was something that none of us had ever focused on, which was baseball,” she said. “He could park himself in front of a TV and watch baseball for 10 hours a day. He wasn’t even sure he wanted to go on the yacht with Anne because the TV might not be working.”

Esther Wojcicki came just shy of calling the baseball player a “dumb jock.”

Related: Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez detail their relationship in Vanity Fair profile

According to Anne Wojcicki, when they began dating, she barely knew a thing about baseball, and eventually, vastly different lifestyles, Rodriguez’s life in New York and Anne Wojcicki’s life in Silicon Valley, pulled the pair apart. 

“Alex is a really sweet guy. He’s a smart guy. He’s a good person. Alex lives in this world of cash-flow businesses, and Silicon Valley lives in this world of the potential of the future. So it was actually kind of a really fun conversation,” Anne Wojcicki said. “Alex was really into car dealerships, and I was like, ‘We’re all about self-driving cars. Nobody’s going to buy a car. You want to buy a car dealership? I’m going to short your car dealership.’”

Anne Wojcicki also said that Rodriguez’s superstardom made day-to-day life a challenge.

“We couldn’t go anywhere with him. If we went to Target to look for clothes for the kids, all of a sudden we’d be looking around and people would be saying, ‘We just want a selfie with A-Rod,’” she said. “He can’t walk across Central Park. He has to take a cab. That will work better with J-Lo because she’s like, ‘Take a picture of me anytime.’”

As far as Mom’s opinion on Jennifer Lopez?

“I wish J-Lo all the luck in the world,” she said.

She’s not looking to step into another high-profile relationship anytime soon, either.

“I’d really love to date someone who’s really simple and not famous. My life is already pretty complicated,” Anne Wojcicki told the Times.

The exes seem to be doing just fine apart. Rodriguez recently landed the cover of “Vanity Fair” with his new love and is “living the dream.” As for Anne Wojcicki, she’s completely changing the genetic game, turning around the luck of her unlikely startup.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Rapper ‘Ralo’ flew drugs across U.S., sold them from apartments he rented, police say

Published: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 @ 11:12 PM

Terrell Davis, known by his stage name “Ralo,” faces a federal charge of possession with intent to distribute for allegedly distibuting marijuana after flying it in from California, according to authorities. Ralo was denied bond on the charges at a court hearing Tuesday.
WSB-TV 
Terrell Davis, known by his stage name “Ralo,” faces a federal charge of possession with intent to distribute for allegedly distibuting marijuana after flying it in from California, according to authorities. Ralo was denied bond on the charges at a court hearing Tuesday.(WSB-TV )

An Atlanta rapper, accused of running a cross-country drug operation, was denied bond Tuesday, according to WSB-TV. 

>> Read more trending news    

Terrell Davis, known by his stage name “Ralo,” faces a federal charge of possession with intent to distribute. Authorities allege Davis sold drugs from several apartment units he rents in Atlanta dubbed “Ralo’s Hood,” WSB reported. Davis and eight of his associates, believed to be part of his purported gang Famerica, are named in an 11-page criminal complaint. 

The complaint states Davis and his acquaintances traveled to California twice to retrieve 964 pounds of marijuana — worth nearly $2 million — with the intention of selling it in Atlanta. Davis was arrested April 15 at DeKalb-Peachtree Airport after he initially refused to leave the aircraft, authorities said. 

>> Related: Feds: Famous rapper Terrell “Ralo” Davis caught flying into Atlanta with nearly $1M worth of pot

Following Davis’ arrest, federal authorities raided three separate locations in southwest Atlanta allegedly connected to the case. 

According to the affidavit, Davis and roughly 10 people boarded a Dec. 18 chartered jet from the Fulton County Airport to Sacramento, Calif. Four days later, the group returned to the Fulton airport, where federal and local surveillance teams saw Davis and the other passengers transfer 37 packages wrapped in white holiday paper from the jet to an Econoline van, which was registered to Davis’ southwest Atlanta address. 

An employee with the charter company offered to help unload, but the passengers declined, the affidavit said. 

Shortly after the van was loaded, the Georgia State Patrol arrested three men wearing “RaloFamgoon” attire inside the vehicle, which was spotted driving in the dark without lights on, according to the complaint. Authorities said they found 520 pounds of marijuana worth $1 million in the van. 

>> Related: Federal raid at Atlanta apartment tied to rapper’s arrest, officials say

A day after those arrests, Davis posted a picture of himself by a swimming pool with the caption: “I’ve lost more than a man have gained in a lifetime ... have you ever lost a million dollars at one time???” A week after the post, authorities said they received a passenger list from the flight and connected Davis to the men

Four months after the shipment, federal officials were notified Davis and eight others traveled to Northern California again. This time they allegedly transported 17 packages containing marijuana weighing 444 pounds back to DeKalb-Peachtree Airport, according to the affidavit. 

The packages, worth $880,000, were loaded onto a Chrysler 300. Not long after the car left the airport, the GSP stopped it and federal authorities took eight people into custody. 

Davis, who remained on the plane, initially refused to comply with authorities’ commands. He later exited the aircraft, which allegedly smelled of marijuana, when police dogs were brought in to assist. 

>> Related: Rapper Meek Mill released from prison after 5 months

One of Davis’ supporters, Kalya Freeman, told WSB that despite the allegations, Davis often gave back to the community: “He’s a good person. He supports what we do. He supports everybody.”

Trending - Most Read Stories

Prince’s family sues Illinois hospital, Walgreens in singer’s overdose death

Published: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 @ 7:17 PM

Musician Prince performs on stage at the 36th NAACP Image Awards at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion on March 19, 2005 in Los Angeles, California. Prince was honored with the Vanguard Award. 
Kevin Winter/Getty Images
Musician Prince performs on stage at the 36th NAACP Image Awards at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion on March 19, 2005 in Los Angeles, California. Prince was honored with the Vanguard Award. (Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

Members of Prince’s family have filed a lawsuit against an Illinois hospital and the Walgreens pharmacy chain, contending both could have done more to prevent the legendary entertainer’s opioid overdose death in April 2016, according to news reports.

>> Read more trending news 

The suit follows a decision made last week by the Carver County Attorney Mark Metz against filing charges in the superstar singer’s death. Following a two-year investigation, Metz, of Carver County, Minnesota, announced Thursday that “Prince died from taking a counterfeit Vicodin pill that contained fentanyl, a dangerously powerful opioid,” but that investigators could not determine who sold the “Purple Rain” singer the pill. Authorities fined the doctor who prescribed Prince painkillers in a friend’s name.

A week before Prince died, he was treated at Trinity Medical Center in Rock Island, Illinois for an overdose. His plane made an emergency landing in Moline after he had played a show in Atlanta, and he was briefly hospitalized after overdosing on the plane.

>> Related: Music legend Prince dead at 57

The suit by the six heirs to Prince’s fortune accuses the doctor who examined the entertainer of misidentifying the pain pill the singer took before his overdose as a Vicodin, when it was instead a counterfeit laced with fentanyl, the Minneapolis Tribune reported. The suit also accuses the hospital of failing to appropriately identify and treat the overdose.

The probable heirs of Prince's estate are split between two lawyers who competed in court on Thursday to represent their interests in managing his estate. Both men - CNN contributor and onetime White House adviser Van Jones, and a show business attorney already hired as an estate consultant, L. Londell McMillan – bragged about established ties to Prince as they testified in court. Their differing backgrounds and priorities have implications for the control and commercial misuse of musical assets left by Prince when he died.

In addition, the suit names Walgreens because it gave prescriptions meant for Prince to his longtime friend and manager Kirk Johnson. 

“We will have much to say when the time is right,” the attorney who filed the suit on behalf of the family, John Goetz, told the Star Tribune

“We have client interests to protect at the moment, including our theory of the case. What happened to Prince is happening to families across America. Prince’s family wishes, through its investigation, to shed additional light on what happened to Prince,” Goetz said.

>> Related: Prince’s doctor fined for drug violations in singer’s death

Prince was 57 when he died on April 21, 2016, at his Paisley Park home of an accidental overdose, six days after the overdose on the plane. 

 

Trending - Most Read Stories