Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: A relationship timeline

Published: Monday, November 27, 2017 @ 12:51 PM

Royal Love: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

For over a year, Prince Harry has been dating actress Meghan Markle. After months of rumors of an impending engagement, the couple announced an engagement in November 2017.

>> Read more trending news

Here is a timeline of the couple’s relationship:

Content Continues Below

July 2016

Markle would later reveal in an October 2017 interview Vanity Fair that she and Harry met in London in July 2016.

Nov. 8, 2016

Kensington Palace confirms Harry is dating Markle by issuing a statement calling for an end to sexist and racist harassment of Markle on social media. Markle is referred to as Harry’s girlfriend in the Nov. 8 statement from his communications secretary.

“His girlfriend, Meghan Markle, has been subject to a wave of abuse and harassment. Some of this has been very public—the smear on the front page of a national newspaper; the racial undertones of comment pieces; and the outright sexism and racism of social media trolls and web article comments,” part of the statement said. 

The statement went on to say Harry is worried about Markle’s safety and is “deeply disappointed that he has not been able to protect her.”

Prince Harry (L) and actress Meghan Markle have reportedly been dating since 2016.(Nigel Roddis/Getty Images and Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images)

Nov. 26, 2016

Prince Harry’s brother, Prince William, issues a statement of his own supporting Harry and Markle.

“The Duke of Cambridge absolutely understands the situation concerning privacy and supports the need for Prince Harry to support those closest to him,” William said in a statement to The Daily Telegraph.

Dec. 14, 2016

The first photos emerge of Harry and Markle as a couple, according to a claim from British tabloid The Sun. Wearing winter coats and beanies, the couple was reportedly going to the Gielud Theatre in London. The day before, the tabloid said the two picked out a Christmas tree together. 

Jan. 15, 2017

The Sun reports that Markle has met Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and Princess Charlotte.

“It went really well and Meghan was very excited about meeting her,” an unnamed friend told the paper.

Feb. 2, 2017

The Sun once again publishes photos of the couple together, this time after a dinner date at Soho House in London. An unnamed person who saw the two told the tabloid the couple “tried to keep as low-key as possible.”

March 3, 2017

Harry and Markle were photographed in Montego Bay, Jamaica, for the wedding of one of Harry’s college friends, Tom “Skippy” Inskip.  The Telegraph reported that the two were affectionate during the three-day wedding event.

May 20, 2017

Markle accompanies Harry to Pippa Middleton’s wedding reception, according to UsWeekly. Earlier that month, on May 7, People reports that the two were photographed kissing in the Coworth Park Polo Club parking lot in Ascot, England. Markle had been cheering Harry on during a charity polo match with William.

August 2017

Markle and Harry are photographed at a Botswana airport in Africa for Markle’s 36th birthday. E! News reported they stayed with close friends of Harry, who met Markle for the first time. 

Sept. 5, 2017

Markle speaks publicly for the first time about her relationship with Harry in an interview with Vanity Fair. She expressed the support she has from her boyfriend after the media attention since they began dating.

“(T)he only thing that changed was people’s perception,” she told the publication. “Nothing about me changed. I’m still the same person that I am, and I’ve never defined myself by my relationship.”

Related: Prince Harry engaged to Meghan Markle

“We’re in love. I’m sure there will be a time when we will have to come forward and present ourselves and have stories to tell, but I hope what people will understand is that this is our time. This is for us. It’s part of what makes it so special, that it’s just ours. But we’re happy. Personally, I love a great love story.”

Sept. 13, 2017

UsWeekly reported that Merkle has met Prince Harry’s grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, Sept. 3.

“It went well. It’ll no doubt be the first of many encounters,” an unnamed source told the magazine.

The report comes as engagement rumors continue. UsWeekly claims Harry has already created an engagement ring.

November 2017

Harry proposes to Markle earlier in the month. Weeks later, on Nov. 27, the royal engagement is announced. At a photo call the same day, Markle debuts her three-diamond engagement ring, which includes two diamonds from Diana, Princess of Wales’s personal collection. When asked if the proposal was romantic, Harry responded, “Of course it was.”

Trending - Most Read Stories

‘Real Housewives’ star Luann de Lesseps arrested for battery on a cop, disorderly intoxication 

Published: Sunday, December 24, 2017 @ 10:31 AM

WATCH: ‘Real Housewives’ Star Arrested for Battery on a Cop

UPDATE, Dec. 25: 

Luann de Lesseps, 52 and a star of “The Real Housewives of New York City,”  will be released without bond from Palm Beach County Jail, a judge ruled Sunday.

>> Read more trending news 

Content Continues Below

De Lesseps slammed a door and kicked at least one police officer, said an assistant state’s attorney.

“I’m going to kill you all,” the state’s attorney said De Lesseps told people prior to her arrest.

De Lesseps, who has no prior offenses, will be allowed to go back to New York, Judge Ted Booras ruled.

Booras, acknowledging De Lesseps’ celebrity, said she should hire a criminal defense attorney from Palm Beach, Florida, instead of ignoring the charges.

“I don’t think it would be that hard to find you,” he said.

De Lesseps was advised by Booras not to incriminate herself and respond to him when he said she might have a drinking problem.

“Don’t say anything,” he told the reality star.

ORIGINAL STORY, Dec. 24: 

Luann de Lesseps, a Real Housewives of New York City reality starwas arrested by Palm Beach police Sunday morning.

The 52-year-old was arrested on charges of battery on an officer, disorderly intoxication, resisting arrest with violence and crimes against a person.

She was taken to Palm Beach County Jail at 1:25 a.m.

Luann de Lesseps of "The Real Housewives of New York" was arrested by Palm Beach, Florida, police Dec. 24.(Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office)

De Lesseps is a former wife of Count Alexandre de Lesseps and retained the French royal title after their 2009 divorce until her remarriage in 2016. She was married to Tom D’Agostino Jr. until earlier this year.

Trending - Most Read Stories

‘Real Housewives’ star Luann de Lesseps heading to rehab after arrest

Published: Friday, December 29, 2017 @ 4:03 PM

WATCH: ‘Real Housewives’ Star Arrested for Battery on a Cop


“The Real Housewives of New York” star  Luann de Lesseps is heading to rehab after after her arrest in Palm Beach, Florida, last weekend.

>> Read more trending news 

De Lesseps, 52, announced on Twitter Friday afternoon that’s she’s voluntarily checking into an alcohol treatment center.

Content Continues Below

In an apology, de Lesseps told her followers she was embarrassed by what occurred. Police said de Lesseps was drunk when she slammed a door in the face of an officer and told other officers she was going to kill them.

De Lesseps apologized a day after her arrest on her Twitter account and said it was her first time on the island since her wedding with Tom D’Agostino Jr. at The Brazilian Court Hotel last New Year’s Eve.

Related: ‘Real Housewives’ star Luann de Lesseps arrested for battery on a cop, disorderly intoxication

During her first appearance at Palm Beach County Jail on Sunday, Judge Ted Booras told de Lesseps to stop drinking because she might have a problem.

Trending - Most Read Stories

’Young and the Restless’ actor Corey Sligh convicted of child molestation in Georgia

Published: Thursday, July 12, 2018 @ 5:54 PM

Soap Opera Actor Convicted of Child Molestation

A Georgia soap opera actor was convicted of child molestation nearly two years after the allegations first surfaced, according to Cherokee County court records. 

>> Read more trending news

Corey Seth Sligh, 30, was convicted on one count of molesting a child younger than 10. Sligh previously appeared on the CBS soap opera, "The Young and the Restless."(Cherokee Sheriff’s Office)

A jury convicted Corey Seth Sligh of one count of child molestation and cleared him on another count last month, records showed. Sligh has not been sentenced, yet.

Content Continues Below

Sligh, a Canton resident, was first arrested in October 2016 after parents of the victim, who was under the age of 10, reported the molestation. According to a police report, the molestation took place between April and September of that year. The parents reported the incident Sept. 24, 2016.

>> Related: Actor arrested on child molestation charges in Cherokee

Nearly a month after his arrest in that case, officials in Walton County, Florida, arrested Sligh on similar charges. He has yet to go to trial in that case. 

Sligh allegedly touched another girl under 10 while she was vacationing with her family on Rosemary Beach in June and July of 2016, according to the Northwest Florida Daily News, which cited an arrest warrant. The girl also told authorities Sligh forced her to touch him inappropriately.

Authorities were notified of that incident in September 2016. Sligh was ordered to wear an ankle monitor following that arrest. 

>> Related: Actor arrested on second child molestation charges

Sligh was an extra on the long-running CBS soap opera, “The Young and the Restless,” online entertainment site TMZ reported.  Sligh also appeared in a short-lived TV series, “All About Lizzie,” according to his IMDb page.

 

Trending - Most Read Stories

Oprah ‘impressed’ with True Food Kitchen; invests in healthy restaurant chain

Published: Thursday, July 12, 2018 @ 3:53 PM

Oprah Winfrey attends the European Premiere of 'A Wrinkle In Time' at BFI IMAX on March 13, 2018 in London, England. The humanitarian and media mogul is investing in a chain of healthy food restaurants.
John Phillips/Getty Images
Oprah Winfrey attends the European Premiere of 'A Wrinkle In Time' at BFI IMAX on March 13, 2018 in London, England. The humanitarian and media mogul is investing in a chain of healthy food restaurants.(John Phillips/Getty Images)

Oprah Winfrey is expanding her portfolio, investing in a health-focused restaurant chain. 

>> Read more trending news 

The media mogul has partnered with True Food Kitchen as a shareholder. She is joining the company’s board of directors, which already includes health guru and celebrity doctor Andrew Weil.

Content Continues Below

The Phoenix-based business, which has 23 locations across 10 states, believes “delicious dining and conscious nutrition can go hand in hand, without sacrificing flavor, creativity or indulgence,” according to its website.

>> Related: Oprah first black woman entrepreneur on Bloomberg Billionaires Index

When Winfrey visited a Palo Alto, California, location last year, she said she was “impressed.”

“When I first dined at True Food Kitchen, I was so impressed with the team's passion for healthy eating and, of course, the delicious food, that I knew I wanted to be part of the company's future,” Winfrey said in a press release.

This isn’t the first time Winfrey has invested in food-related ventures.

>> Related: Apple announces multi-year content deal with Oprah Winfrey

In 2015, she bought a 10 percent stake in Weight Watchers International, Inc., and she launched a line of soups with Kraft Heinz called O That’s Good! last year. 

Trending - Most Read Stories