log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Thursday, October 11, 2018 @ 3:30 PM
— A NBA legend will be among us today.
Icon retired NBA player Earvin "Magic" Johnson is scheduled to attend Central State University’s Marauder Athletic Hall of Fame induction lunch this Friday, Oct. 12.
Johnson, now the chairman and CEO of Magic Johnson Enterprises and president of operations for the Los Angeles Lakers, is expected to give remarks at the event scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. at the Country Club of the North, 1 Club N Dr. in Xenia.
Tickets are $60 each.
Click here or call 937-376-6345 to purchase.
Tom Joyner, a nationally known radio personality and philanthropist, will be the keynote speaker at the lunch.
The syndicated show host of the Tom Joyner Morning Show is in town for his yearly promotion with 92.1 WROU.
Tom Joyner Morning Show will be visiting Dayton on October 11th-12th.
Joyner and his team will meet fans tonight at a free meet and greet happy hour from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at The Unity Banquet Center, 735 Cincinnati Street, Dayton. Doors open at 4.pm.
Six people will be inducted into the Marauder Athletic Hall of Fame at the lunch Friday.
"We are truly proud of the inductees and appreciate all they have done in setting the standard for all Central State University student-athletes," Vice President of Athletics & Institutional Advancement Jahan Culbreath said in a press release. "This year's class reflects excellence, and we are looking forward to honoring them at this year's induction ceremony."
• Jon Bradford | Football | Full Back | Class of 1975
• Edward "Bee" Bryant | Basketball | Forward | Class of 1967
• Marvin Coleman | Football | Cornerback & Kick Returner
• Larry Kelly | Football | Running Back | Class of 1983
• Marvin Pope | Football | Linebacker/Defensive End
• Charles Walker | Football | Lineman | Class of 1961
• 1993 Women's Track & Field Team | NAIA Indoor & Outdoor National Champions | Head Coach: Joshua Culbreath
• 1993 Men's Track & Field Team | NAIA Indoor & Outdoor National Champions | Head Coach: Joshua Culbreath
The Central State athletic department will also honor CSU's 1968 men's basketball team, which was led by head coach Bill Lucas.
His team finished its season with a 29-4 overall record and claimed the program's second NAIA National Championships with a dramatic 51-48 win over Fairmont State University.
WANT TO GO?
What: Central State University’s Marauder Athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremony
When: 1 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12
Where: The Country Club of the North, 1 Club North Drive in Xenia.
Cost: Tickets are $60 each. Click here or call 937-376-6345 to purchase.