'Game of Thrones' filming will be delayed for Kit Harington, Rose Leslie wedding

Published: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 @ 11:09 AM

Kit Harington and Rose Leslie of ‘Game of Thrones’ Announce Engagement

The cast and crew of HBO’s epic fantasy mega-hit “Game of Thrones” will take a day off filming the show’s final season to celebrate the nuptials of two of the series’ stars, according to actor Kit Harrington.

>> Read more trending news

The actor, best known as Jon Snow, said Saturday during an appearance on the UK’s “The Jonathan Ross Show” that he asked the show’s producer to pause production for his wedding to actress Rose Leslie, according to The Telegraph.

“I rang (the producer) up and I said, ‘I’m getting married, and it’s your fault actually,’” he said. “I think for the final season he is so stressed that he’s reached that peaceful level.”

>> Related: 'Game of Thrones' stars Kit Harington, Rose Leslie announce engagement

Harington and Leslie, both 30, met in 2012 on the set of the HBO series, where they played on-screen lovers. Leslie, who played Ygritte, left the cast of “Game of Thrones” in 2014 and currently stars in the political drama “The Good Fight.”

Harington continues to star in “Game of Thrones.”

“I was like, ‘You need to factor in a “Game of Thrones” wedding by the way,’” Harington said he told the show’s producer, according to IndieWire. “(The cast) have all got to be there so the whole thing has got to shut down.”

Rumors swirled for years that Harington and Leslie were dating, although it wasn’t until last year that the couple confirmed their relationship. They announced their engagement last month.

Actors Kit Harington and Rose Leslie attend the premiere of HBO's "Game Of Thrones" season 7 at Walt Disney Concert Hall on July 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)(Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)

Trending - Most Read Stories

Meghan Markle’s ‘Suits’ character ties the knot with co-star in her final episode

Published: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 @ 11:15 PM

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry attend an Anzac Day service at Westminster Abbey on April 25, 2018 in London, England. Markle made her final appearance as Rachel Zane in the television drama ‘Suits’ Wednesday night.
WPA Pool/Getty Images
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry attend an Anzac Day service at Westminster Abbey on April 25, 2018 in London, England. Markle made her final appearance as Rachel Zane in the television drama ‘Suits’ Wednesday night.(WPA Pool/Getty Images)

Before American actress Meghan Markle marries British royal Prince Harry next month in real life she married her co-star as lawyer Rachel Zane in her final episode of the television drama “Suits.”

>> Read more trending news 

The last episode featuring Markle aired Wednesday night on USA Network and it also marked the last appearance on the show for her co-star and love interest on the series Patrick J. Adams, who played Mike.

The pair tied the knot in a subdued and last-minute ceremony in the finale and have moved to Seattle to run a law firm. The eighth season of “Suits” is now in production.

>> Related: Prince Harry, Meghan Markle release more wedding details

Markle, who met her prince while working on “Suits” and living in Toronto where the series is produced, is scheduled to wed Prince Harry on May 19 in St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.

The couple met on a blind date in July 2016 thanks to a mutual friend. They confirmed their relationship to the public in November 2016. The two vowed to never go two weeks without seeing each other. After more than a year of dating, they announced their engagement. Prince Harry proposed to Meghan at their cottage in November 2017. The couple will wed on May 19, 2018.
 

Trending - Most Read Stories

Kim Kardashian defends Kanye West, accuses Twitter users of ‘demonizing’ him

Published: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 @ 8:57 PM

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West attend the Balmain show as part of the Paris Fashion Week Womenswear Fall/Winter 2015/2016 on March 5, 2015 in Paris, France.  
Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West attend the Balmain show as part of the Paris Fashion Week Womenswear Fall/Winter 2015/2016 on March 5, 2015 in Paris, France. (Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

Musician Kanye West made his return to Twitter earlier this month to chat about a number of topics from new music to politics. However, some of his tweet have fallen flat and have not been well received, so his wife Kim Kardashian West is now coming to his defense. 

>> Read more trending news 

Many on social media have expressed concern over West’s mental health, but Kardashian West said he’s only expressing himself. 

“To the media trying to demonize my husband let me just say this... your commentary on Kanye being erratic & his tweets being disturbing is actually scary,” she wrote. “So quick to label him as having mental health issues for just being himself when he has always been expressive is not fair.”

>> Related: Kanye West is dropping a new album and the internet is ‘freaking out’

She also accused the media of interpreting his separation from his management as a mental health issue rather than a business decision. In fact, the reality star called her hubby a “free thinker” and celebrated him for sharing his opinions even if she didn’t agree with them, including those about President Donald Trump. 

 >> Related: Kanye West announces he will be president some day

She ended her rant by declaring “Kanye is years ahead of his time” and urged the media stop using the term “mental health” so loosely.

>> Related: Kanye West’s embrace of a black Trump supporter not well-received 

For the last several weeks, West has been busy on Twitter after taking a nearly year-long hiatus from the platform. He’s revealed information about his clothing line, new albums and has even alluded to running for president in 2024.

He’s also used the site to share his thoughts about creativity, fake news and a few images of his daughter North. Take a look at more of his posts here

Trending - Most Read Stories

Hypnobirthing delivery technique reportedly used by Kate Middleton but what is it?

Published: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 @ 4:58 PM

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge departs the Lindo Wing with her newborn son at St Mary's Hospital on April 23, 2018 in London, England. The Duchess safely delivered a boy at 11:01 am, weighing 8lbs 7oz, who will be fifth in line to the throne.  
Chris Jackson/Getty Images
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge departs the Lindo Wing with her newborn son at St Mary's Hospital on April 23, 2018 in London, England. The Duchess safely delivered a boy at 11:01 am, weighing 8lbs 7oz, who will be fifth in line to the throne. (Chris Jackson/Getty Images)

Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, formerly known as Kate Middleton, gave birth to a baby boy on Monday.

>> Read more trending news 

This is the third child for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, who welcomed their new son into the world in the Lindo Wing at St Mary’s Hospital in London.

According to reports, Middleton endured a five-hour labor without pain relief as a part of a delivery method called hypnobirthing. This isn’t the first time she’s tried it. Middleton has used the practice for all three of her babies. 

What is hypnobirthing?

It’s a type of therapy that helps parents seek a natural birthing experience with more patient control and less pain, according to Hypnobirthing.com. It involves special breathing, relaxation, visualization, meditative practice and attention to nutrition and body. The method can be practiced at home, in a hospital or birth center.

>> Related: Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, gives birth to baby boy

How exactly does it work?

Hypnobirthing is an effort at removing the anxiety associated with the birthing experience. Experts believe fear activates stress hormones that cause slow digestion and an increased heart rate. Blood is also forced to the arms and legs, which depletes blood to the uterus. This is what contributes to uterine pain. 

>> Related: What will Kate and Wills name new royal baby?

Parents can take hypnobirthing classes to learn specific breathing and visualization techniques, according to WebMD. For example, many courses teach mothers to self-hypnotize with their open eyes. Instructors may also encourage expectant moms to envision an easy birth and recite affirmations, such as “I relax and my baby relaxes.” Phrases that reference the difficulty of childbirth are rejected. Instead of using the words “pain” or “contraction,” patients are encouraged to say “sensation” or “surge” instead. 

Do you still feel pain?

A 2006 review of five previous studies found that women who chose hypnobirthing were almost half as likely to use painkillers and about one-third less likely to use an epidural during labor.

Who else has used this practice?

Celebrities, including Angelina Jolie and Jessica Alba, have also reportedly tried hypnobirthing. During an appearance on Ellen, Alba said “it’s not a weird thing.” 

>> Related: 4 fast facts about Kate Middleton

“It's not like the clock in front of your face and you go out and you wake up and you got a baby,” she joked. “My husband takes me through sort of a meditation. He'll say, 'you're relaxed, and you're floating on clouds while you're going through labor and your contractions. I'm just concentrating on breathing and staying relaxed...when you get tense that makes the whole labor worse and more painful.”

Trending - Most Read Stories

Rapper ‘Ralo’ flew drugs across U.S., sold them from apartments he rented, police say

Published: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 @ 11:12 PM

Atlanta Rapper Flew Drugs Across U.S., Sold Them From Apartments He Rented

An Atlanta rapper, accused of running a cross-country drug operation, was denied bond Tuesday, according to WSB-TV. 

>> Read more trending news    

Terrell Davis, known by his stage name “Ralo,” faces a federal charge of possession with intent to distribute. Authorities allege Davis sold drugs from several apartment units he rents in Atlanta dubbed “Ralo’s Hood,” WSB reported. Davis and eight of his associates, believed to be part of his purported gang Famerica, are named in an 11-page criminal complaint. 

The complaint states Davis and his acquaintances traveled to California twice to retrieve 964 pounds of marijuana — worth nearly $2 million — with the intention of selling it in Atlanta. Davis was arrested April 15 at DeKalb-Peachtree Airport after he initially refused to leave the aircraft, authorities said. 

>> Related: Feds: Famous rapper Terrell “Ralo” Davis caught flying into Atlanta with nearly $1M worth of pot

Following Davis’ arrest, federal authorities raided three separate locations in southwest Atlanta allegedly connected to the case. 

According to the affidavit, Davis and roughly 10 people boarded a Dec. 18 chartered jet from the Fulton County Airport to Sacramento, Calif. Four days later, the group returned to the Fulton airport, where federal and local surveillance teams saw Davis and the other passengers transfer 37 packages wrapped in white holiday paper from the jet to an Econoline van, which was registered to Davis’ southwest Atlanta address. 

An employee with the charter company offered to help unload, but the passengers declined, the affidavit said. 

Shortly after the van was loaded, the Georgia State Patrol arrested three men wearing “RaloFamgoon” attire inside the vehicle, which was spotted driving in the dark without lights on, according to the complaint. Authorities said they found 520 pounds of marijuana worth $1 million in the van. 

>> Related: Federal raid at Atlanta apartment tied to rapper’s arrest, officials say

A day after those arrests, Davis posted a picture of himself by a swimming pool with the caption: “I’ve lost more than a man have gained in a lifetime ... have you ever lost a million dollars at one time???” A week after the post, authorities said they received a passenger list from the flight and connected Davis to the men

Four months after the shipment, federal officials were notified Davis and eight others traveled to Northern California again. This time they allegedly transported 17 packages containing marijuana weighing 444 pounds back to DeKalb-Peachtree Airport, according to the affidavit. 

The packages, worth $880,000, were loaded onto a Chrysler 300. Not long after the car left the airport, the GSP stopped it and federal authorities took eight people into custody. 

Davis, who remained on the plane, initially refused to comply with authorities’ commands. He later exited the aircraft, which allegedly smelled of marijuana, when police dogs were brought in to assist. 

>> Related: Rapper Meek Mill released from prison after 5 months

One of Davis’ supporters, Kalya Freeman, told WSB that despite the allegations, Davis often gave back to the community: “He’s a good person. He supports what we do. He supports everybody.”

Trending - Most Read Stories