Country guitarist changes mind after Vegas massacre, calling for gun control laws

Published: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 @ 6:29 PM

Musician Caleb Keeter of the Josh Abbott Band performs during the ACM Party For A Cause Festival at Globe Life Park in Arlington on April 17, 2015 in Arlington, Texas. 
Sara Kauss/ACM2015
Musician Caleb Keeter of the Josh Abbott Band performs during the ACM Party For A Cause Festival at Globe Life Park in Arlington on April 17, 2015 in Arlington, Texas. (Sara Kauss/ACM2015)

Josh Abbott Band guitarist Caleb Keeter paints a terrifying picture of what it was like to be on the ground as a gunman killed 59 people and injured hundreds more at the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas Sunday night.

Now, he says living through that attack has led him to a big change of heart when it comes to supporting the  Second Amendment’s right to “keep and bear arms.”

>> Read more trending news

Content Continues Below

Caleb started his message on Twitter saying, “I’ve been a proponent of the Second Amendment my entire life, until the events of last night. I cannot express how wrong I was.”

>> Read the latest on the Las Vegas shootings

The band’s crew carries legal firearms on their bus, but Keeter said they were “useless” in this situation.

He explained, “We couldn’t touch them for fear police might think we were part of the massacre and shoot us … One man laid waste to a city with dedicated, fearless police officers desperately trying to help, because of access to an insane amount of firepower. Enough is enough.”

Keeter went on to describe the harrowing moments during the shooting that led him change his mind about gun control.

“Writing my parents and the love of my life a goodbye last night and a living will because I felt like I wasn’t going to live through the night was enough for me to realize that this is completely and totally out of hand,” Caleb writes. “These rounds were powerful enough that my crew guys just standing in a close proximity of a victim shot by this (expletive) coward received shrapnel wounds. We need gun control RIGHT. NOW.”

Keeter continued, “My biggest regret is that I stubbornly didn’t realize it until my brothers on the road and myself were threatened by it.”

>> Related: Las Vegas shooting: Jason Aldean, other celebrities share prayers on social media

The country star said he is not going to live his life in fear. He added, “We will regroup, we’ll come back, and we’ll rock your (expletive) faces off. Bet on it.”

The band is distancing itself from Ketter’s newfound support of gun control.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Destiny’s Child star Michelle Williams checks in to mental health facility, reports say

Published: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 @ 7:13 PM

Getting To Know Michelle Williams

Destiny’s Child star Michelle Williams has reportedly checked herself into a mental health facility, TMZ reports.

Williams posted a letter to her fans on her Instagram page on Tuesday.

“I recently listened to the same advice I have given thousands around the world and sought help from a great team of professionals,” Williams posted.

Content Continues Below

Sources told TMZ that Williams is receiving treatment at a facility near Los Angeles.

Williams has been open about her struggles with depression, revealing her story in an interview on “The Talk” last year.

>> Read more trending news 

Williams recently reunited with Destiny’s Child members Beyonce and Kelly Rowland at Coachella in April.

It was the first time the group has performed together in several years.

Trending - Most Read Stories

‘Real Housewives’ star Luann de Lesseps arrested for battery on a cop, disorderly intoxication 

Published: Sunday, December 24, 2017 @ 10:31 AM

WATCH: ‘Real Housewives’ Star Arrested for Battery on a Cop

UPDATE, Dec. 25: 

Luann de Lesseps, 52 and a star of “The Real Housewives of New York City,”  will be released without bond from Palm Beach County Jail, a judge ruled Sunday.

>> Read more trending news 

Content Continues Below

De Lesseps slammed a door and kicked at least one police officer, said an assistant state’s attorney.

“I’m going to kill you all,” the state’s attorney said De Lesseps told people prior to her arrest.

De Lesseps, who has no prior offenses, will be allowed to go back to New York, Judge Ted Booras ruled.

Booras, acknowledging De Lesseps’ celebrity, said she should hire a criminal defense attorney from Palm Beach, Florida, instead of ignoring the charges.

“I don’t think it would be that hard to find you,” he said.

De Lesseps was advised by Booras not to incriminate herself and respond to him when he said she might have a drinking problem.

“Don’t say anything,” he told the reality star.

ORIGINAL STORY, Dec. 24: 

Luann de Lesseps, a Real Housewives of New York City reality starwas arrested by Palm Beach police Sunday morning.

The 52-year-old was arrested on charges of battery on an officer, disorderly intoxication, resisting arrest with violence and crimes against a person.

She was taken to Palm Beach County Jail at 1:25 a.m.

Luann de Lesseps of "The Real Housewives of New York" was arrested by Palm Beach, Florida, police Dec. 24.(Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office)

De Lesseps is a former wife of Count Alexandre de Lesseps and retained the French royal title after their 2009 divorce until her remarriage in 2016. She was married to Tom D’Agostino Jr. until earlier this year.

Trending - Most Read Stories

‘Real Housewives’ star Luann de Lesseps heading to rehab after arrest

Published: Friday, December 29, 2017 @ 4:03 PM

WATCH: ‘Real Housewives’ Star Arrested for Battery on a Cop


“The Real Housewives of New York” star  Luann de Lesseps is heading to rehab after after her arrest in Palm Beach, Florida, last weekend.

>> Read more trending news 

De Lesseps, 52, announced on Twitter Friday afternoon that’s she’s voluntarily checking into an alcohol treatment center.

Content Continues Below

In an apology, de Lesseps told her followers she was embarrassed by what occurred. Police said de Lesseps was drunk when she slammed a door in the face of an officer and told other officers she was going to kill them.

De Lesseps apologized a day after her arrest on her Twitter account and said it was her first time on the island since her wedding with Tom D’Agostino Jr. at The Brazilian Court Hotel last New Year’s Eve.

Related: ‘Real Housewives’ star Luann de Lesseps arrested for battery on a cop, disorderly intoxication

During her first appearance at Palm Beach County Jail on Sunday, Judge Ted Booras told de Lesseps to stop drinking because she might have a problem.

Trending - Most Read Stories

’Young and the Restless’ actor Corey Sligh convicted of child molestation in Georgia

Published: Thursday, July 12, 2018 @ 5:54 PM

Soap Opera Actor Convicted of Child Molestation

A Georgia soap opera actor was convicted of child molestation nearly two years after the allegations first surfaced, according to Cherokee County court records. 

>> Read more trending news

Corey Seth Sligh, 30, was convicted on one count of molesting a child younger than 10. Sligh previously appeared on the CBS soap opera, "The Young and the Restless."(Cherokee Sheriff’s Office)

A jury convicted Corey Seth Sligh of one count of child molestation and cleared him on another count last month, records showed. Sligh has not been sentenced, yet.

Content Continues Below

Sligh, a Canton resident, was first arrested in October 2016 after parents of the victim, who was under the age of 10, reported the molestation. According to a police report, the molestation took place between April and September of that year. The parents reported the incident Sept. 24, 2016.

>> Related: Actor arrested on child molestation charges in Cherokee

Nearly a month after his arrest in that case, officials in Walton County, Florida, arrested Sligh on similar charges. He has yet to go to trial in that case. 

Sligh allegedly touched another girl under 10 while she was vacationing with her family on Rosemary Beach in June and July of 2016, according to the Northwest Florida Daily News, which cited an arrest warrant. The girl also told authorities Sligh forced her to touch him inappropriately.

Authorities were notified of that incident in September 2016. Sligh was ordered to wear an ankle monitor following that arrest. 

>> Related: Actor arrested on second child molestation charges

Sligh was an extra on the long-running CBS soap opera, “The Young and the Restless,” online entertainment site TMZ reported.  Sligh also appeared in a short-lived TV series, “All About Lizzie,” according to his IMDb page.

 

Trending - Most Read Stories