log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Thursday, October 05, 2017 @ 6:46 PM
— Bravo reality TV star Bethenny Frankel says that with the help of other donors she chartered seven planes to distribute needed supplies to Mexico, Puerto Rico and Houston.
All three areas were devastated by natural disasters: Earthquakes impacted Mexico and hurricanes impacted Houston and Puerto Rico in the past couple of months.
In a blog post on BravoTV.com, Frankel, 46, said she chartered the first plane on her own and partnered with the nonprofit Global Empowerment Mission. The second plane came from a friend she said noticed the work she was doing.
“And then a third person gave $18,000 needed to sponsor a plane,” Frankel said. “And so I started calling friends, other rich people that I know, like (billionaire) Nancy Rogers from Mary Kay Cosmetics. (I said), ‘This is what we’re doing — I have supplies and we’re bringing people home.’ She said, ‘OK, I'll send my plane.’”
People reported that Frankel herself traveled to Puerto Rico to deliver supplies and offer aid. She did so as she recovers from skin cancer removal surgery, which left her with 12 stitches on her face.
“This is a forgotten island,” Frankel said. “People have been living on their roofs for 13 days. It is like nothing I have ever seen. People’s entire homes and cars are immersed in mud, the likes I’ve never seen.”
Frankel has raised more than $300,000 for Houston relief efforts after Hurricane Harvey and more than $150,000 for Mexico after earthquakes impacted cities Oaxaca and Chiapas.
Supplies sent to the island include water, canned goods, diapers, baby food, medical supplies, toys, insulin, and thousands of dollars in donations from famous friends and other organizations.
Published: Sunday, December 24, 2017 @ 10:31 AM
PALM BEACH, Fla. — UPDATE, Dec. 25:
Luann de Lesseps, 52 and a star of “The Real Housewives of New York City,” will be released without bond from Palm Beach County Jail, a judge ruled Sunday.
De Lesseps slammed a door and kicked at least one police officer, said an assistant state’s attorney.
“I’m going to kill you all,” the state’s attorney said De Lesseps told people prior to her arrest.
De Lesseps, who has no prior offenses, will be allowed to go back to New York, Judge Ted Booras ruled.
Booras, acknowledging De Lesseps’ celebrity, said she should hire a criminal defense attorney from Palm Beach, Florida, instead of ignoring the charges.
“I don’t think it would be that hard to find you,” he said.
De Lesseps was advised by Booras not to incriminate herself and respond to him when he said she might have a drinking problem.
BREAKING: Luann de Lesseps was arrested by Palm Beach police on charges of battery on an officer, disorderly intoxication, resisting arrest with violence, crimes against a person. She was booked in jail at 1:25 a.m. this morning. #RHONY pic.twitter.com/cr7ea7KVW4— Housewives Fanatic (@HousewivesFan_) December 24, 2017
“Don’t say anything,” he told the reality star.
ORIGINAL STORY, Dec. 24:
The 52-year-old was arrested on charges of battery on an officer, disorderly intoxication, resisting arrest with violence and crimes against a person.
She was taken to Palm Beach County Jail at 1:25 a.m.
De Lesseps is a former wife of Count Alexandre de Lesseps and retained the French royal title after their 2009 divorce until her remarriage in 2016. She was married to Tom D’Agostino Jr. until earlier this year.
Published: Friday, December 29, 2017 @ 4:03 PM
PALM BEACH, Fla.
“The Real Housewives of New York” star Luann de Lesseps is heading to rehab after after her arrest in Palm Beach, Florida, last weekend.
De Lesseps, 52, announced on Twitter Friday afternoon that’s she’s voluntarily checking into an alcohol treatment center.
In an apology, de Lesseps told her followers she was embarrassed by what occurred. Police said de Lesseps was drunk when she slammed a door in the face of an officer and told other officers she was going to kill them.
De Lesseps apologized a day after her arrest on her Twitter account and said it was her first time on the island since her wedding with Tom D’Agostino Jr. at The Brazilian Court Hotel last New Year’s Eve.
During her first appearance at Palm Beach County Jail on Sunday, Judge Ted Booras told de Lesseps to stop drinking because she might have a problem.
I want to offer my most sincere apologies to anyone that I might have offended with my behavior. This was my first time in Palm Beach since my wedding and being here brought up buried emotions. I am committed to a transformative and hopeful 2018— Luann de Lesseps (@CountessLuann) December 24, 2017
Published: Thursday, July 12, 2018 @ 5:54 PM
CHEROKEE COUNTY, Ga. — A Georgia soap opera actor was convicted of child molestation nearly two years after the allegations first surfaced, according to Cherokee County court records.
A jury convicted Corey Seth Sligh of one count of child molestation and cleared him on another count last month, records showed. Sligh has not been sentenced, yet.
Sligh, a Canton resident, was first arrested in October 2016 after parents of the victim, who was under the age of 10, reported the molestation. According to a police report, the molestation took place between April and September of that year. The parents reported the incident Sept. 24, 2016.
Nearly a month after his arrest in that case, officials in Walton County, Florida, arrested Sligh on similar charges. He has yet to go to trial in that case.
Sligh allegedly touched another girl under 10 while she was vacationing with her family on Rosemary Beach in June and July of 2016, according to the Northwest Florida Daily News, which cited an arrest warrant. The girl also told authorities Sligh forced her to touch him inappropriately.
Authorities were notified of that incident in September 2016. Sligh was ordered to wear an ankle monitor following that arrest.
Sligh was an extra on the long-running CBS soap opera, “The Young and the Restless,” online entertainment site TMZ reported. Sligh also appeared in a short-lived TV series, “All About Lizzie,” according to his IMDb page.
Published: Thursday, July 12, 2018 @ 3:53 PM
— Oprah Winfrey is expanding her portfolio, investing in a health-focused restaurant chain.
The media mogul has partnered with True Food Kitchen as a shareholder. She is joining the company’s board of directors, which already includes health guru and celebrity doctor Andrew Weil.
The Phoenix-based business, which has 23 locations across 10 states, believes “delicious dining and conscious nutrition can go hand in hand, without sacrificing flavor, creativity or indulgence,” according to its website.
When Winfrey visited a Palo Alto, California, location last year, she said she was “impressed.”
“When I first dined at True Food Kitchen, I was so impressed with the team's passion for healthy eating and, of course, the delicious food, that I knew I wanted to be part of the company's future,” Winfrey said in a press release.
This isn’t the first time Winfrey has invested in food-related ventures.