log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 @ 9:53 AM
DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. — In something out of a scene from “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs,” a South Florida family awoke to frozen Italian sausage on their roof.
The Adair family, of Deerfield Beach, woke up Saturday morning to the loud thud of several packages of frozen Italian sausage banging against the roof, according to WPLG.
"It was like thunder, and it awakened me out of a sleep," Travis Adair told WPLG.
After finding two packages of the meat in their yard, the family checked their roof and found three more packages. In total, 15 pounds of sausage somehow ended up striking their home.
The packages were marked William Land Service, a land-clearing company from Alabama, according to WPLG.
"I called them and the guy had no idea what I was talking about and probably thought I was crazy," Travis’ son Austin Adair told WPLG.
Published: Thursday, September 25, 2014 @ 10:33 AM
Updated: Friday, September 26, 2014 @ 3:30 PM
GUANDONG PROVINCE, China —
Update: Snopes.com states that this story is not accurate, and that the shocking images may be associated with a case from earlier this year involving raw pork or beef, not fish.
Original story: The man went to his doctor when he couldn’t get rid of stomach pains and itchy skin.
After an examination and x-rays, he was told the problem was tapeworms.
Lots of tapeworms.
Doctors at Guangzhou No. 8 People's Hospital in Guangdong Province in eastern China told the man it was likely he picked up the parasites by eating slices of raw fish, called sashimi.
The Journal Canadian Family Physician reports infestations like this are on the rise around the world.
Nancy Craig wrote, “The widespread popularity of Japanese sushi and sashimi is a contributor."
It’s expected the man will be fine because treatment for the condition is simple and effective as long as the infection doesn’t reach the brain.
If it does, doctors say it can be fatal.
Published: Saturday, January 13, 2018 @ 12:51 PM
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The bells from a church in New Mexico are anything but heavenly-sounding to one disgruntled neighbor.
Bernadette Hall-Cuaron told KOB that she's lived near Our Lady of Guadalupe church for years with no issues, but a couple of months ago, the church switched to an electronic bell system.
The switch means that the bells sound several times per day, and each occasion can include 20-25 bell rings, according to Hall-Cuaron. The electronic bell system also plays songs like "Amazing Grace."
Hall-Cuaron told KOB that the bells are so loud they wake her up, and make it difficult to work from home. She wishes church leadership would have consulted with residents in the area before installing the new bell system. She also said that she's complained directly to church officials, but she is not satisfied with their response.
The church's pastor told KOB that he's lowered the volume and is starting the bells at 8 a.m. instead of 6 a.m. in response to Hall-Cuaron's complaints.
Published: Saturday, December 16, 2017 @ 3:34 PM
RIO RANCHO, N.M.
— A town in New Mexico was left in the dark Wednesday night after a raccoon met a fiery fate with a power station transformer.
Those who live near the facility in Rio Rancho told KOB they saw, heard and felt the transformer explosion. Residents reported seeing flames, sparks and a blinding light, along with feeling their houses shaking.
>> Read more trending news
Published: Saturday, December 16, 2017 @ 3:05 PM
— A mechanic in New Hampshire attempting to perform an oil change Friday found a surprise guest on the car's engine.
An Eastern Screech owl was discovered on the engine, according to a Facebook post by the Salem, New Hampshire Police Department.
>> Read more trending news