Watch www.whio.com Live
Listen to www.whio.com Live

Updated: 2:45 p.m. Thursday, July 17, 2014 | Posted: 5:45 a.m. Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mom, toddlers escape morning fire

Related

Firefighters on scene on Charlesworth Dr. photo
Aaron Max / Staff
Firefighters on scene on Charlesworth Dr.

By Breaking News Staff

HUBER HEIGHTS —

A mother and her toddlers escaped a fire at their home in Huber Heights this morning.

But a family member feared for a short time that someone was trapped inside.

The resident told crews who arrived at the scene around 3:30 a.m. that her mother had spent the night and was inside the home on Charlesworth Drive. Firefighters searched the property, but they learned that woman had actually gone back to her home for the night.

When they arrived, the mother and her 3-year-old and 2-year-old daughters were already outside. All three were taken to the hospital as a precaution, firefighters said.

The fire started in the kitchen, and firefighters said the cause was food left cooking on the stove. The damage to the house was extensive, and the family will not be able to stay there.

More News

 
Featured Articles
 

iWitness 7

Deer

iWitness7

iWitness7 is your chance to join the News Center 7 team! Upload your videos and photos and share with the entire WHIO-TV community!