LIVE VIDEO


Tom Brady's missing Super Bowl jersey found in Mexico

Published: Monday, March 20, 2017 @ 9:55 AM
Updated: Monday, March 20, 2017 @ 1:49 PM

HOUSTON, TX - FEBRUARY 05:  Tom Brady #12 celebrates after Danny Amendola #80 of the New England Patriots catches a six yard touchdown in the fourth quarter against Jalen Collins #32 of the Atlanta Falcons in the fourth quarter during Super Bowl 51 at NRG Stadium on February 5, 2017 in Houston, Texas.  (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
Ronald Martinez/Getty Images

The FBI and NFL security said on Monday that they found a jersey stolen from the New England Patriots’ Tom Brady after his team won the Super Bowl last month in Mexico.

>> Read more trending stories

Along with the jersey, worn during Brady during Super Bowl LI, authorities also recovered a second jersey worn by Brady during the Patriots’ 2015 Super Bowl XLIV victory against the Seattle Seahawks, NFL officials said in a statement.

“The items were found in the possession of a credentialed member of the international media,” according to the NFL.

Houston police Chief Art Acevedo praised his department’s work in finding the jersey, which was traced to Mexico.

Diario La Presna, the newspaper of the Mexican Editorial Organization, said on Twitter that the case involved the former director of the newspaper. A statement on the connection was expected Monday.

Few details were immediately available in the investigation.

The story made headlines across the country after Brady noticed his jersey was missing from the locker room after the historic Super Bowl win.

“I put it in my bag and then came out and it wasn’t there anymore,” Brady said at the time. “So it’s unfortunate because that’s a nice piece of memorabilia. So if it shows up on eBay somewhere, someone let me know. Try to track that down.”

The Cox Media Group National Content Desk contributed to this report.

Ten Commandments monument destroyed in less than 24 hours after installation

Published: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 @ 8:00 AM

A 6-foot-tall privately funded Ten Commandments monument is seen on the Arkansas Capitol grounds Tuesday, June 27, 2017, in Little Rock after it was installed by workers two years after lawmakers approved a measure allowing the statue on state property. (AP Photo/Jill Zeman Bleed)
Jill Zeman Bleed/AP

A two year battle came to an end in Little Rock, Arkansas, on Tuesday, but the controversy over a monument to the Ten Commandments has not.

In less than 24 hours after the installation of the monument, someone destroyed the display by knocking it down, breaking chunks of granite off, KARK reported.

>> Read more trending news 

The Ten Commandments were unveiled after state Sen. Jason Rapert introduced legislation to have the biblical laws displayed on the grounds of the Arkansas State Capitol.

It measured 6 feet tall and stood near a walkway between the capitol building and the state’s Supreme court, The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported.

It was paid for by private donations totaling more than $26,000.

The bill, the Arkansas Ten Commandments Monument Act 1231, was passed in April, 2015, despite opposition that has continued until this year.

The American Civil Liberties Union said they plan to file a lawsuit to get the monument taken down.

The Satanic Temple also plans on filing a lawsuit.

Gov. Mike Huckabee took to Twitter for some harsh words for whoever knocked down the monument.

KTHV is reporting that Michael Reed has been arrested for destroying the monument.

Spider-Man drops in on Starbucks customers for prank

Published: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 @ 9:26 AM

NEW YORK, NY - JUNE 26:  Spiderman attends the

Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man just had to drop in to a New York City Starbucks to get a refreshing cold brew.

During the prank, set up by Sony as a promotion for the upcoming film, one of the stunt doubles for Tom Holland dropped into the shop from the ceiling, dressed in his full Spidey garb, reaching for his drink, Entertainment Tonight reported.

>> Read more trending news

The customers and the employees were all real. Well, most of the customers. An eagle-eyed fan may have noticed comic creator Stan Lee in the corner snapping photos.

And as expected, the surprise was taken well by many, but a few were caught off guard, letting some NSFW comments slip. Click here to watch the video.

Lin-Manuel Miranda issues ‘Hamilton’ challenge to raise money for immigration charities

Published: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 @ 9:05 AM

File photo: (L-R) Leslie Odom; Jr., Phillipa Soo, Lin-Manuel Miranda and Christopher Jackson attend

You know every word. You’ve listened to it for hours on end. And maybe never have seen the show itself, but now here’s your chance to see the hit Broadway show “Hamilton” and help a dozen charities working for aiding immigrants.

>> Read more trending news

“Hamilton” creator Lin-Manuel Miranda has issued a challenge. Post a video of yourself singing one of the songs from the musical and then challenging two of your friends to do the same.

It is called the #Ham4All challenge.

'Cash Me Outside' girl sues gaming company

Published: Sunday, June 04, 2017 @ 5:08 PM

A company representing a Boynton Beach teenager known for saying “Cash me outside, how bow dah?” to a “Dr. Phil” studio audience is now suing three gaming companies for using her phrase and voice.

Danielle Bregoli, 14, her mother Barbara Ann Bregoli and their company, Dani B Holdings LLC, filed a trademark lawsuit Thursday against companies and two individuals who worked to develop and published two mobile applications under Anonymous Games Inc. called “Cash Me Outside” and “How Bout Dat,” according to the complaint.

The suit, which was filed in U.S. District Court in South Florida, seeks at least $1 million in damages, asserting that the Bregolis are entitled to an award of all gross revenue received directly or indirectly from the game.

>> Read more trending news

Barbara Ann Bregoli appeared on a “Dr. Phil” episode filmed live in September saying, “I want to give up my car-stealing, twerking 13-year-old daughter who tried to frame me for a crime.” Danielle, 13 at the time, said, “Cash me outside, how bow dah?” after the audience made remarks and gestures toward her. According to the complaint, the phrase means that if the audience wanted to continue mocking her, they could confront her outside and off-camera.

After the episode, her phrase became a cultural phenomenon and the girl and her mother retained business managers who helped them form Dani B Holdings to make money from selling her catchphrase on merchandise, public appearances, television appearances and marketing opportunities. She’s also appeared in music videos and has more than 10 million Instagram followers.

However, Dani B Holdings LLC didn’t file to trademark “Cash me outside, how bow dat?” until May 3, according to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s online records.

In addition to Anonymous Games Inc., the complaint accuses former owner Josiah Jenkins and current owner Matthew Gruettner, along with two other companies: Appnoxious LLC and Squad Social LLC. The complaint says “Cash Me Outside” is an “exceedingly simple and completely unoriginal game” which is free but collects revenue from advertisements and “in-app purchases.” The complaint also alleges that the app uses Danielle’s voice saying her catchphrase and uses an avatar resembling her.

As of Sunday, Anonymous Inc. had changed the name of the app to “Get Cash Outside” and no longer has the second app “How Bout Dat,” according to the Apple Inc. iTunes application store. The objective of the game is to make the character run and jump over obstacles to collect “bands of cash.” The app also took out her phrase and instead the character now says, “That’s lit.” The app had reached No. 1 downloaded game nationally on the iTunes store, the complaint said.

The complaint states that the Bregoli’s representatives contacted Jenkins and came to an oral agreement on Feb. 6 that the company would pay them $75,000 in total followed by a 50 percent revenue split on the game. But following the agreement, Jenkins “repeatedly made excuses for his delay” and stopped responding to phone calls. On Feb. 17, the second app “How Bout Dat” was published.

After the Bregoli’s representatives said they would seek legal actions against the company, Gruettner contacted them via email saying he was the actual developer of the “Cash Me Outside app” and Jenkins was his former business partner. Gruettner said he had ownership of the “code and assets” for the app and wanted to make an agreement with Danielle and her company. But he also stopped responding to all communications, the complaint said.

Gruettner told The Palm Beach Post on Sunday that he is the sole owner of Anonymous Games, and the other companies named in the complaint and Jenkins were never involved in making the game.

He said he expects the case will be dismissed immediately because his game was approved on Jan. 27, more than three months before Dani B Holdings LLC filed for the trademark. Gruettner said he hasn’t filed for a trademark for the game and usually makes games based on trending topics. He changed the name of his game in April after he learned the Bregolis filed for a trademark.

He said he never made a deal with the Bregolis and “the truth will come out in court as we intend to fight any accusations to the fullest extent.”