log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 @ 6:17 PM
Updated: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 @ 6:16 PM
LOS ANGELES — The latest on sexual misconduct allegations against Scott Baio (all times local):
A spokesman for Scott Baio says the actor denies "each and every one" of the allegations of sexual misconduct made against him by two of his former co-stars on the TV show "Charles in Charge."
Spokesman Brian Glicklich read a statement from the actor at a news conference Wednesday held in response to new allegations disclosed by actor Alexander Polinsky.
An attorney for Baio, Jennifer McGrath, characterized the claims made by Polinsky and actress Nicole Eggert as "ever-changing" and evidence of a "hunger for publicity."
Baio live-streamed the news conference on his Facebook page but did not attend. Glicklich and McGrath said the actor was at a school party with his daughter.
Polinsky says Baio exposed himself and talked about gay sex acts with the young actor.
Eggert says Baio sexually assaulted her when she was a minor while they worked together on the hit show.
A former "Charles in Charge" actor says Scott Baio assaulted and "mentally tortured" him during their time together on the show in the 1980s.
Alexander Polinsky made the allegations Wednesday in Los Angeles during a news conference.
Polinsky says Baio exposed himself, talked about gay sex acts with the young actor and once threw a hot cup of tea in his face.
Another "Charles in Charge" star, Nicole Eggert, came forward last month with claims that Baio sexually assaulted her when she was a minor while they worked together on the hit show.
Baio called those allegations false and said he and Eggert were involved in a consensual relationship when she was of legal age.
Published: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 @ 8:18 AM
— We’ve had the Tide Pod Challenge, the salt and ice challenge and the cinnamon challenge. It seems like every few weeks there’s a challenge teens are trying out just to become a viral sensation and get their 15 minutes of fame.
The latest challenge, which unlike other viral challenges isn’t dangerous, it is posing a problem for workers at craft store chain, Hobby Lobby.
Teens are heading to the craft store floral aisle to show off their photography skills.
The walls of faux flowers are serving as a backdrop for the glamorous shots.
ABC News said that Kelsey Maggart, a professional photographer, is the one who started the latest challenge in January.
Published: Monday, February 19, 2018 @ 7:18 PM
TOLEDO, Ohio — A church pastor, his wife and 19-year-old daughter are accused of robbing a Sunday school teacher minutes before a Sunday’s service at the St. Paul Zion Church in Toledo, Ohio.
Police in Toledo said that Nickema Turner, 39, was grabbed from behind by her hair by the daughter of the pastor, Kamali Morris. She then punched Turner and the pastor, Anthony Morris, 49, pushed the victim to the ground, police said.
The wife of the pastor, Zelda Morris, 46, allegedly emptied the purse belonging to Turner and grabbed the victim’s iPhone, according to WTVG.
According to the Toledo Blade, Turner attempted to get her belongings back from Zelda Morris when Anthony Morris pulled out a gun and pointed it at Turner. She also told police that he threatened to kill her.
According to WTVG, the police report included that Zelda Morris stated to Turner’s daughter following the attack:
"You wanna know why this happened? It happened because your mom slept with my husband."
The Morris family fled the scene before police arrived.
Anthony Morris with his wife Zelda were later arrested but their daughter, Kamali had not been located as of Monday afternoon according to the Toledo Blade.
The police report indicates that in addition to the cellphone, a Taser and prescription medication were taken from her purse. The iPhone was later recovered but the screen was broken.
Zelda Morris and her daughter Kamali Morris are charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, a first degree felony.
Published: Monday, February 19, 2018 @ 2:31 PM
Carlton Nebergall Jr., 61, was arrested early Monday on a first-degree murder charge in the death of Jacob Lodge, 36, who was in divorce proceedings with Nebergall’s daughter, court records show. Nebergall appeared Monday morning with his attorney, Michael Salnick, in front of Judge Ted Booras. Booras recused himself from the case, though, saying, “I’ve known the defendant for too many years.”
Nebergall will remain in the Palm Beach County Jail until at least Wednesday, when another judge can rule on his bond requirements.
Nebergall was taken into custody late Sunday after deputies responded to a home on the far east end of Mellow Court, near the Pond Cypress Natural Area, following a shooting. Authorities found Lodge fatally shot at about 8:30 that night. He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
Sheriff’s authorities have not commented on what may have motivated the retired deputy to shoot Lodge. Court records indicate Nebergall’s daughter filed for a divorce from Lodge last month.
Lodge’s younger brother, Clint, said Monday that Nebergall’s daughter and Lodge had an “off-and-on, love-hate relationship” for about a decade. They had two boys, ages 9 and 5, according to Clint Lodge. They had been living separately prior to Lodge’s death, his brother said.
He said Lodge and Nebergall had argued before over Nebergall’s daughter. He wasn’t sure what led up to his brother’s killing.
“He was far from perfect, but he didn’t deserve that,” Clint Lodge said about his brother, calling him “one of the best, just somebody you could really look up to.” Records indicate Jacob Lodge was scheduled to be on probation until May 2019 in a theft-related case. He had another open theft case in which he was accused of stealing from his former employer, an air-conditioning company. He pleaded not guilty to those charges.
His in-laws’ law enforcement backgrounds led to conflict about being on “the right side of the law,” Clint Lodge said.
Nebergall worked at the Lantana Police Department from 1981 to 1985, when he joined the sheriff’s office, Florida Department of Law Enforcement records state. He worked at the sheriff’s office until his retirement in 2012.
His son, Jason Nebergall, joined him at the sheriff’s office in 2007, state records show. However, during his nine years on the job, the younger Nebergall was accused of being overly aggressive, pulling a gun on a fellow deputy and engaging in sexual misconduct at a West Palm Beach-area nightclub while on duty and in full uniform.
In December 2016, Jason Nebergall, a U.S. Air Force member, was arrested after a then-26-year-old woman accused him of sexually battering her. He had responded to the woman’s home earlier that night for a disturbance call and returned to “check in” on her, he said. He denied inappropriately touching her, though his DNA was found on her breasts.
He was placed on paid administrative leave when the sheriff’s office was alerted to the allegations in July 2016. It was not immediately known whether he is still on the sheriff’s office’s payroll.
Published: Monday, February 19, 2018 @ 11:46 PM
— Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Anthony Borges is a hero, who put himself in the line of fire to protect his classmates when a gunman rampaged through their Parkland, Florida, school.
Borges’ father and a friend who survived the massacre told ABC News that the 15-year-old Borges put the lives of others before his own.
“None of us knew what to do. So, he took the initiative to just save his other classmates,” Carlos Rodriguez, Borges’ best friend, told ABC’s “Good Morning America.”
A soccer player at the school, Borges placed his body between the gunman and the students. Rodriguez said that he survived the shooting because of Borges’ brave actions.
When gunfire broke out at the school Wednesday, Rodriguez said that Borges and his classmates rushed to hide in a classroom. The gunman was firing randomly at students as he closed in on their position in the building.
Rodriguez said that Borges was the last of 20 students to enter the classroom to take cover and that, as he attempted to lock the door, he was shot. He held his ground, keeping his body between the gunman and the other students, all of whom survived without injury.
Borges took five bullets to the back and both legs but survived, his father, Royer Borges, told police.
He told “Good Morning America” that his son called him moments after the attack and described what had happened.
“He just called me and says, ‘Dad, somebody shot me in the back and my leg, too,'” said Royer Borges, unable to hold back his tears.
The father said others who were inside the building with the gunman shared stories of his son’s courageous actions that might have saved the lives of other students. Royer Borges expressed pride in his son, saying, “He’s my hero.”
Anthony Borges is in stable condition after undergoing hours of surgery, his father said.