Plastic surgeon sculpts woman into his perfect wife

Published: Thursday, August 29, 2013 @ 1:44 PM
Updated: Thursday, August 29, 2013 @ 1:44 PM

It might hurt your feelings if your partner tells you you need to lose a little weight. What if your partner wanted to perform multiple plastic surgeries on you?

Meet Dr. David Matlock, who did just that. His wife first came to him as a patient, and the West Hollywood doc offered her what he called a “Wonder Woman Makeover.” (Via LAIst)

VERONICA: “Lipo of the chin and the arm and the thighs, Brazilian butt. ... I had the laser vaginal rejuvenation, liposuction of multiple areas.” (Via BarcroftTV)

After several surgeries were completed, Matlock took Veronica out on a date and proposed. Now, Matlock says he watches both his weight, and his wife’s. They continue with procedures; he’s undergone some too. 

And they’ve appeared on TV several times, him on shows like “Dr. 90210,” and both were cast members on TLC reality show “Plastic Wives,” which aired earlier this year. (Via ABC)

VERONICA: “I know that my husband’s looking at vaginas all day, and it doesn’t bother me.”

DAVID: “A woman came up to me and said, ‘Dr. Matlock how are you?’ and I said, ‘I don’t remember faces.’” (Via TLC)

They both work out daily and enter bodybuilding contests. But it’s not totally a family affair. Veronica’s 9-year-old daughter Isabella says she can’t see herself having such surgeries.

“It’s not really you, like, I want to be myself.” (Via BarcroftTV)

In case you were wondering, Veronica is 38 years old. David is 49.

Veronica says she consider herself a walking advertisement for his business, and is even featured on his website.

She says no matter what people think, she knows David loves her for who she is, because he says when she first walked into his office, before all the surgeries — it was love at first sight. 

See more at Newsy.com

 

President Donald Trump promises balanced budget in 10 years

Published: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 @ 12:22 PM
Updated: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 @ 7:22 PM

President Donald Trump’s first budget — which includes $3.6 trillion in cuts over 10 years — would slash federal dollars to most discretionary programs but beef up money for Defense, veteran services and Homeland Security amid a promise of a balanced budget by 2027.

“Finally we have a president who presents a pathway to a balanced budget, an enthusiastic Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Urbana, said. “This budget provides much-needed increases in spending for our military while also reforming our welfare system by incentivizing work for able-bodied adults.”

RELATED: Trump budget plan calls for $3.6 trillion in spending cuts

But advocates for Ohio’s poor said proposed cuts to social programs, including food stamps and Medicaid, would devastate “the most vulnerable people in our society.”

Of the 1.5 million Ohioans receiving food stamps, 84.4 percent are children, seniors and disabled, said Lisa Hamler-Fugitt, executive director of the Ohio Association of Second Harvest Foodbanks.

Hamler-Fugitt called the cuts “shameful.”

“The Trump budget proposes dramatic cuts to one of the most effective poverty reduction programs in the country,” she said. “He’s taking food off the tables of everyday families.”

Several lawmakers Tuesday emphasized that the budget is a mere proposal and hardly cast in stone. “I don’t think the president’s budget is going anywhere,” said Sen. Bill Cassidy, R-La.

Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, wasn’t that blunt but did say the plan will undergo much revision in Congress.

RELATED: Trump budget slashes money of clean air and water programs

“The president and his people have given their recommendation,” he said. “Now it’s our job to go through the appropriations process…to come up with our own proposal. Congress has to appropriate every dime.”

Some Ohioans — including Portman — breathed a sigh of relief that the proposed budget plan calls for saving the federal Office of National Drug Control Policy, a federal program that coordinates federal spending on drugs.

RELATED: House passes $1.1T spending bill

Trump’s draft budget — released weeks ago — had all but slated that office and its two major programs for elimination, drawing widespread condemnation from Democrats and Republicans alike who argued the office and its so-called drug czar are on the front lines in the national fight against opioid addiction.

The budget released Tuesday cut the office’s overall administrative costs from $20 million to $18.4 million, but kept its programs intact. Richard Baum, acting director of National Drug Control Policy, said he believed that staff could “find ways to continue all of our operations” with the request.

RELATED: Trump budget proposal includes 25% cut to food stamps

Portman said he appreciated that the White House “has changed course” on on the drug czar, but he wasn’t so happy with the proposed elimination of federal money to the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, which is aimed at cleaning up the Great Lakes.

In documents explaining the budget, the administration argues that the $300 million saved by eliminating the program will enable the Environmental Protection Agency to refocus on “core national work.”

Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, said the money is needed to preserve a valuable natural resource.

“Taking a blow torch to the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative could cost Ohio jobs that rely on the lake, and jeopardize public health by putting our drinking water at risk,” said Brown. “Those of us along the Great Lakes will not stand for a budget that eliminates the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative.”

Any budget proposal in a divided political arena has its critics, but Trump’s first budget seemed to land with a fairly loud thud. While conservative like Jordan applauded its promise to end deficit spending within 10 years, others poked holes in proposals that called for gutting even programs with large and motivated constituencies.

“What is going on in the White House with this kind of budget?” asked Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y. “How many people in America want to cut cancer research? President Trump evidently does.”

Proposed cuts to Medicaid and education seemed to draw the loudest rebukes. The Medicaid cuts alone would amount to $600 billion, according to some estimates, and that doesn’t include the billions that would be trimmed from the program if the House-passed Republican health care bill becomes law.

“We’re no longer going to measure compassion by the number of programs or the number of people on those programs, but by the number of people we help get off those programs,” said Mick Mulvaney, director of the Office of Management and Budget.

“Compassion needs to be on both sides of that equation. Yes, you have to have compassion for folks who are receiving the federal funds, but also you have to have compassion for the folks who are paying it.”

Thomas Gentzel, executive director and CEO of the National School Boards Association, said the $9 billion in proposed education cuts would “deliver a devastating blow” to the nation’s education system if enacted.

Mike Uhl, president of Atrium Medical Center in Middletown, said the Medicaid cuts would force hospitals like his to cut jobs and absorb the cost of more uncompensated care.

“Health care coverage is vital to working Americans (and) it’s vital that we not overlook the impact this will have on jobs,” Uhl said.

Ohio has much to lose from Trump’s budget proposals, according to Wendy Patton, senior project manager of Policy Matters Ohio, a left–leaning research group. Patton said the health care sector is a critical part of Ohio’s economy and the growth of private health care jobs in recent years has helped blunt the loss of manufacturing jobs in rural and urban counties alike.

There were some wins in the budget for Ohio. In addition to the additional money being ponied up for Defense, the budget request included money for cleanup work at the former uranium enrichment plant in Portsmouth, Ohio.

Portman said the $351 million budget request, if enacted, “would ensure there are no layoffs and that cleanup of the site stays on track.”

Rep. Warren Davidson, R-Troy, said Trump’s budget “bends the out of control spending curve in the right direction by making good on his promises to reform mandatory spending, cut wasteful programs, and balance the budget.”

“This is a serious proposal to begin addressing our nation’s fiscal crisis,” he said.

Information from the Los Angeles Times and the Associated Press was used in this story.

Tampa Bay mayor’s joke about shooting media, watch them ‘cry like little girls,’ falls flat  

Published: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 @ 7:18 PM

Tampa Bay Mayor Bob Buckhorn, pictured here during a Special Operations Capabilities Demonstration in 2016, is walking back comments he made at a military conference last week. Buckhorn said that when firing blanks from a machine gun, he likes to point the gun at the media first, and watch ‘grown men cry like little girls ... I love it.’
Luke Sharrett/Bloomberg via Getty Images

 

A Florida mayor’s joke about firing blanks from a machine gun at the media has landed him in hot water. 

Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn, who joked about pointing the gun at reporters as part of a military exercise, said he has told that same joke before but it didn’t get much criticism until he told it again at a Special Operations Industry Conference last week, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

>> Read more trending news

“The first place I point that gun is at the media,” Buckhorn said to a room of more than 1,000 attendees, the Times reported. “I’ve never seen grown men cry like little girls, for when that gun goes off those media folks just hit the deck like no one’s business. It’s great payback. I love it.”

Buckhorn’s words went viral, leading to dozens of complaints made to City Hall. In a statement, his spokeswoman told the Times that Buckhorn, the son of a wire service reporter and brother of a CNN cameraman, respects the media and didn’t intend to offend anyone with his joke.

>> Related: Toddler recovering after shooting himself

Buckhorn, who is part of the Democratic Party, dismissed complaints made by war correspondents at first, saying they were silly, but the story gained national attention, and the mayor’s spokeswoman said his joke was never meant to be taken seriously, the Times reported.

The two-term mayor will leave office in 2019 because of term limits.

Read more at the Tampa Bay Times.

Ariana Grande back in Florida hometown after concert bombing

Published: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 @ 5:36 PM

Ariana Grande has reportedly returned to her hometown of Boca Raton, Florida, after her Manchester, England, concert was the site of a terrorist bombing on Monday night.

According to E News, Grande and her mother Joan Grande were greeted at Boca Raton Airport earlier today by boyfriend and musician Mac Miller. Sources from People magazine reported that as she departed the private jet, the 23-year-old singer “looked distraught and like she has been crying. They hugged for a while before they headed to a waiting car.”

>> Read more trending news

The Daily Mail reported that she was taken to the home of a family member in a gated community.

Grande, who had just finished her set at the Manchester Arena before the explosion that killed at least 22 people and injured more than 50, had previously tweeted her disbelief at the situation, saying,“Broken. From the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry.”

According to TMZ, Joan Grande, who was at the Manchester show with her daughter, helped get some scared young fans sitting near her in the front row backstage to safety.

Related: Manchester explosion: Ariana Grande's mother reportedly helps fans to safety

The suspect who detonated a suicide bomb near one of the exits has been identified by police as Salman Abedi, 22. The ISIS state has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Shortly after Monday’s explosion, Grande reached out to longtime friend Misha Lambert, whose father, songwriter Dennis Lambert, said, “No sooner had I heard the first reports when my daughter Misha called to say she was in touch with Ari and all of her people are safe and unhurt.”

Manchester explosion: Ariana Grande's mother reportedly helps fans to safety 

Published: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 @ 3:33 PM

As fans and others around the world continue to try to make sense of the aftermath of the explosion outside Manchester Arena Monday night after an Ariana Grande concert, hero stories are beginning to emerge.

>> Read more trending news

According to TMZ, Ariana Grande’s mother, Joan, is among them.

The site reported that, according to multiple witnesses, Joan Grande was about to go backstage to see Ariana when the incident occurred. She told the group of 10 or so kids seated around her to come backstage.

>> Police: At least 22 dead after explosion near Ariana Grande concert in Manchester

Us Weekly, which  reported it confirmed the news through a source, said that the mother and members of Ariana Grande’s security team took the fans backstage and waited with them until they were cleared to exit the arena.

The attacker has been identified by officials as Salman Abedi, 22. The explosion injured more than 50 and killed 22, including an 8-year-old girl.