latest headlines

Man's smartphone catches fire in his pants at Costco

Published: Friday, March 17, 2017 @ 8:23 AM
By: Natasha Chen,

A man had to take off his pants inside a Costco when his smartphone caught fire in his pocket.

>> Read more trending news

A witness told KIRO 7 that smoke filled the hardware aisle early this afternoon. The Costco warehouse manager said his employee rushed over with a fire extinguisher but did not need to use it. The phone was no longer on fire, but it was in pieces and had left a burn mark on the floor.

The man was not injured.