breaking news

breaking news


Kevin Spacey seeking treatment as more accusers claim sexual harassment allegations

Published: Thursday, November 02, 2017 @ 11:21 AM

Kevin Spacey Responds to Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Kevin Spacey is seeking treatment following allegations of inappropriate sexual advances made by several young male actors with whom he previously worked.

>> Read more trending news

Spacey’s rep confirmed in a statement to “E! News” that the “House of Cards” actor has decided to get help following the allegations.

“Kevin Spacey is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment. No other information is available at this time,” the statement read.

The news comes just days after “RENT” actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of making sexual advances toward him when Rapp was 14 and Spacey was 26 in 1986.

Rapp alleged that Spacey invited him to his apartment and when they were alone, Spacey “picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don’t, like, squirm away initially, because I’m like, ‘What’s going on?’ And then he lays down on top of me.”

>> Related: Who is Anthony Rapp? 7 things to know about the actor, singer

Spacey later apologized for the incident in a statement on Twitter.

According to PEOPLE, another actor, Roberto Cavazos, made similar allegations against Spacey and said that this alleged inappropriate behavior was “common” practice while he was the artistic director at The Old Vic Theatre.

“I myself had a couple of unpleasant encounters with Spacey that were on the edge of being considered assault,” Cavazos reportedly wrote in Spanish on Facebook. “In fact, if I was a woman, I probably wouldn’t have doubted in identifying them as such, but I guess the lack of a direct or aggressive action led me to justify the incident as ‘one of those things.’ ”

He continued, “I can’t recall how many people told me the same story: Spacey would ask them to meet to ‘talk about their career.’ When they got to the theater, he had a beautifully lit picnic ready on stage with champagne. Each story varies in how far the picnic went, but the pattern was the same. It was more common to find Spacey at the bar of his theater, cornering whoever caught his attention.”

A spokesperson for the theater said that there were “no complaints made against him” during his 12-year run.

USA Today reports that another accuser, filmmaker Tony Montana, said a drunken Spacey approached him in a Los Angeles bar in 2003 and allegedly groped his genitals saying, “This designates ownership.”

“He grabbed my whole package, he grabbed me hard; no one had ever done that to me,” Montana alleged.

Production on Spacey’s Netflix series has since been suspended.

NEW YORK, NY - MAY 24: Kevin Spacey visits the Build Series to discuss his new play "Clarence Darrow" at Build Studio on May 24, 2017 in New York City. (Photo by Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images)(Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images)

Trending - Most Read Stories

Hobby Lobby workers, shoppers frustrated over latest viral challenge

Published: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 @ 8:18 AM

FILE PHOTO
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
FILE PHOTO(Joe Raedle/Getty Images)

We’ve had the Tide Pod Challenge, the salt and ice challenge and the cinnamon challenge. It seems like every few weeks there’s a challenge teens are trying out just to become a viral sensation and get their 15 minutes of fame.

The latest challenge, which unlike other viral challenges isn’t dangerous, it is posing a problem for workers at craft store chain, Hobby Lobby.

Teens are heading to the craft store floral aisle to show off their photography skills.

The walls of faux flowers are serving as a backdrop for the glamorous shots.

ABC News said that Kelsey Maggart, a professional photographer, is the one who started the latest challenge in January.

>> Read more trending news 

Trending - Most Read Stories

When is the Stoneman Douglas town hall meeting; what time, what channel?

Published: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 @ 10:53 AM

WATCH: Florida High School Shooting Survivor Talks About NRA

Stoneman Douglas High School students and parents will take part in a town hall meeting on Wednesday, a week after the school was the site of a mass shooting.

The meeting will come following a rally Wednesday in Tallahassee where a group of the students hopes to pressure the state’s Republican-controlled Legislature to consider a sweeping package of gun-control laws.

>> Read more trending news

Some of the state’s legislators were given a tour of Stoneman Douglas to see the damage Nikolas Cruz caused when he launched an attack at the Parkland, Florida, school.

Many legislators appeared shaken as they left the school, according to The Associated Press.

A group of students is in Tallahassee to try to get legislators to consider changes in Florida’s gun laws.

“I really think they are going to hear us out,” said Chris Grady, a 19-year-old senior who is going on the trip. He said he hopes the trip will lead to some “commonsense laws like rigorous background checks.”

Here is what you need to know about Wednesday’s town hall meeting.

What is it: "Stand Up: The Students of Stoneman Douglas Demand Action" – a town hall meeting

Where: BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida

When: Wednesday

What time: 9 p.m. ET

What channel: CNN

Who will be there: In addition to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students and parents, Florida Rep. Ted Deutch, Sen. Bill Nelson, (D-Fla.), and Sen. Marco Rubio, (R-Fla.), have accepted an invitations to attend. Florida Gov. Rick Scott has declined the invitation, as has President Donald Trump.

Who is moderating: CNN anchor Jake Tapper

Chris Grady, a student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, poses at a memorial outside the school, for Wednesday's mass shooting, in Parkland, Fla., Monday, Feb. 19, 2018. Grady huddled in his classroom at the high school last Wednesday listening to shots ring out nearby, what he felt wasn't fear, but anger. Grady and his friend are among about 100 Stoneman Douglas students who are heading to Florida’s capital, Tallahassee, to push lawmakers to do something to stop gun violence.(AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

 

Trending - Most Read Stories

VIDEO: Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz shown fighting students in 2016

Published: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 @ 1:59 AM

Parkland Shooter Nikolas Cruz Appears At Status Hearing

The man allegedly behind the fatal Florida high school shooting apparently has a disturbing past that is coming to light. A school fight that was captured on camera a little more than a year ago is the latest development.

>> Click here to watch

Authorities said 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz killed 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland. Cruz was formerly a member of the school’s JROTC program before being expelled.

>> Florida school shooting: Teacher of the year's emotional Facebook post goes viral

A September 2016 video shared by ABC News shows Cruz wearing a white shirt and khakis while fighting with other students. Cruz was reportedly handed a two-day suspension following the incident.

>> Family who took in Nikolas Cruz: 'We just didn't know'

According to ABC, the fight was one of five documented incidents that caused school administrators to expel Cruz, mandating his transfer to another high school in February 2017.

>> WATCH: Florida school shooting survivor Emma Gonzalez slams politicians, NRA in emotional speech

Another incident that reportedly contributed to Cruz’s expulsion was his alleged fight with his ex-girlfriend’s new boyfriend. Cruz was allegedly abusive toward her before they broke up.

>> Read more trending news 

The massacre at the high school marked the 25th U.S. school shooting in which someone was killed since the 1999 shooting at Columbine High School.

Related

Trending - Most Read Stories

Lawyer accused of lying in Russia investigation

Published: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 @ 9:38 AM
Updated: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 @ 10:38 AM

Robert Mueller - Fast Facts

An attorney is facing charges of lying to the FBI in the agency's investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election and its possible ties to President Donald Trump's campaign.

The charges against lawyer Alex Van Der Zwaan are the latest in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

READ MORE: Who is Rick Gates and why was he indicted by Robert Mueller? | Who is Paul Manafort, the man indicted in Robert Mueller’s Russian investigation? | What are Paul Manafort and Rick Gates charged with? | MORE

Special Counsel Robert Mueller Files First Charges

Trending - Most Read Stories