log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Monday, August 07, 2017 @ 1:17 AM
— Another Hollywood power couple is calling it quits.
According to CNN, actors Chris Pratt and Anna Faris announced late Sunday that they are separating. The pair, who wed eight years ago, have a 4-year-old son, Jack.
"Anna and I are sad to announce we are legally separating," Pratt, 38, said in a statement posted to Facebook. "We tried hard for a long time, and we’re really disappointed. Our son has two parents who love him very much and for his sake we want to keep this situation as private as possible moving forward. We still have love for each other, will always cherish our time together and continue to have the deepest respect for one another."
Faris, 40, shared a similar message to fans on Twitter.
Anna and I are sad to announce we are legally separating. We tried hard for a long time, and we’re really disappointed. ...Posted by Chris Pratt on Sunday, August 6, 2017
Fans took to social media to express their shock.
It's official, love isn't real, I'm not even going to try— Rachel (@jurassic_rachel) August 7, 2017
IS THIS A JOKE PLS TELL ME IT IS— cass (@brucewahyne) August 7, 2017
This better be Fake News otherwise I'm calling out of work tomorrow I cannot handle this...— Alex Milne (@Alex_WJ_Milne) August 7, 2017
Published: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 @ 1:33 AM
MORRIS, Okla. — An entire Oklahoma school district canceled classes Wednesday through Friday after schools reported excessive flu absences among much of the staff.
Morris Public Schools said Monday's absences were at 20 percent, and Tuesday's were at more than 30 percent.
Basketball teams will continue competition in the county tournament.
Wrestlers will need to contact the coach about scheduled meets.
The district asks that ill students stay home when school resumes.
Published: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 @ 12:06 AM
PULLMAN, Wash. — Police in Pullman, Washington, say officers have found Washington State University quarterback Tyler Hilinkski dead Tuesday in an apartment with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
At about 4:30 p.m., officers responded to an apartment to check on the welfare of a football player who did not show up for practice earlier in the day.
When officers arrived, they found Hilinkski, 21, deceased with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
Police said a rifle was recovered next to Hilinski and a note was found.
Washington State president Kirk Schulz tweeted, “Our thoughts and prayers are with the Hilinski family.”
Former Washington State linebackers coach Roy Manning, who recently left for a position at UCLA, tweeted , “Words can’t describe what I’m feeling right now. My heart is beyond saddened. Please pray for the family and all of us affected!”
Hilinski, from Claremont, Calif., recently finished his redshirt sophomore season for the Cougars.
He started in place of Senior Luke Falk in the Cougars loss to Michigan State in the Holiday Bowl.
Hilinski played 11 games in his Cougars career, passing for 1,149 yards and seven touchdowns.
Hilinski was the presumptive starting quarterback going into next season.
Published: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 @ 11:47 PM
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — Thousands of Haitians living in Central Florida said they're just days away from being forced out of their jobs.
Many of those worried are workers at Disney World.
They were granted Temporary Protected Status after an earthquake devastated their country in 2010.
They’re now finding out their jobs are in limbo, because their work authorizations are about to expire and new applications aren't being processed.
The change affects more than 500 workers at Disney, many of whom have families and homes in Central Florida.
Many were facing the possibility of being forced to leave the country before the administration extended TPS until July of 2019 for more than 50,000 Haitians living and working in the U.S.
But now, they're facing another dilemma.
Wilna Destin has lived in Orlando 18 years.
She's married with two children and she has no idea what will happen next week when her and her husband's work authorization permits expire.
"That hurts, you know. It hurts your family,” she said.
TPS workers in Central Florida said they've learned the administration is not even processing their work authorization applications, which they need to stay employed.
Sano Leger, a union representative, said it affects workers all through the tourist corridor.
"Most of those big hotels, they have people who have TPS working in there,” he said.
Published: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 @ 2:56 PM
WEBSTER, Mass. — A Massachusetts man has been accused of taking manhole covers from roads across the town.
Police in Webster said he was kind enough, however, to cover the empty holes -- which measure from 4 to 12 feet deep -- with traffic cones so no one would run over them in their cars, The Worcester, Massachusetts, Telegram reported.
Darrin Lavallee now faces larceny charges, the paper reported.
Police were called by several eyewitnesses, who said they saw a man in a PT Cruiser taking the manhole covers. Eventually police found a car that matched the vehicle’s description and found orange cones inside. Police told The Telegram that the covers had been in the car recently.
Lavallee apparently told police that the manhole covers ended up at a local salvage yard, where police said he sold them, The Telegram reported. Police were able to recover the pilfered covers.