log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Monday, November 06, 2017 @ 2:19 PM
— With Black Friday just three weeks away, more retailers are leaking ads for one of the biggest shopping days of the year.
The latest to be leaked is one of the largest retailers, Target. In addition to listing sales, Target also announced its Thanksgiving hours.
As one of the biggest shopping days draws near, other ads are showing up on such sights at BestBlackFriday.com.
Belk stores will open at 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving and remain open until 1 a.m., before re-opening on Black Friday from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
From BFads.net, “Belk will have scratch cards at every store with a chance to win up to $1,000 on Thanksgiving and up to $250 on Black Friday. They will also be offering $15 in Belk Bucks for every $75 you spend, with no exclusions, plus a $10 Off $50+ coupon (online and in-store).”
Some deals from Belk include:
(Some savings reflect Ace Rewards Card purchases)
Not all of the deals above will be available on Black Friday.
Other Black Friday advertisements:
Published: Monday, January 22, 2018 @ 11:11 PM
BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. — A 12-year-old boy in Lauderdale Lakes has been charged as an adult in a carjacking last week, Broward County Sheriff deputies said Monday.
According to the sheriff’s office, Shaquille Dixon is one of three juveniles who carjacked an elderly woman at gunpoint on Jan. 15 in a Walmart parking lot.
Surveillance video from the store on North State Road 7 shows Dixon and two other suspects following the woman into the store. When she is done shopping the woman is seen walking to her car, with the suspects close behind.
Once the woman got to her car, two of the suspects walked up behind her and the other suspect walked around to the front of the car, pointed a gun and demanded the car keys. The woman complied and the suspects fled with the car so quickly, they almost hit the victim.
Deputies took Dixon into custody on Jan. 19 and he’s facing felony carjacking charges.
Published: Monday, January 22, 2018 @ 9:16 PM
PERRIS, Calif. — Authorities are releasing more information about the California “torture house” where over a dozen children were kept in subhuman conditions by their parents, including that the victims kept journals.
Though the children in the home, ages 2 to 29, were only allowed to bathe twice a year and eat once a day, they were allowed to write all the time. Riverside County District Attorney Mike Hestrin said at a press conference on the case that the children kept hundreds of journals and that he believes they will be “very significant” in the upcoming court case, the Desert Sun reported. Hestrin added that he thinks the journals will provide “strong evidence of what occurred in that home.”
K I just noticed something really bizarre about that Turpin family (from the parents' shared facebook page). They recreated the exact same renewal of vows with the same Elvis impersonator, same outfits, the same venue THREE TIMES. (check the length of mom's hair) wtff pic.twitter.com/xwFwPbHK9A— sneaky dogfriend (@GrrlGhost) January 16, 2018
Researchers are also interested in the journals as they detail the first-hand accounts of horrific abuse. One academic told the Desert Sun “There is a good chance that being able to write may have kept them sane. In an interesting way, this may have helped them come to terms with the bizarre world they lived in.” He even compared them to the journals kept by Anne Frank.
The journals could prove valuable for prosecutors as they might provide damning evidence that could be used to cross-examine the parents, David and Louise Turpin. The Turpins are facing life behind bars for a series of charges, including torture.
David Turpin, 57, & Louise Turpin, 49, in custody for suspicion of torture & child endangerment after 13 victims ranging from 2-29 years old were rescued. They were found to be malnourished & some chained to their beds. @JamesRojasKABC @RSO pic.twitter.com/4Dnb6ubiks— KABC790 (OFFICIAL) (@KABCRadio) January 15, 2018
The journals have not been made public, and law enforcement officials are currently in the process of reviewing them.
The conditions in the home were unimaginable. The children were reportedly beaten and chained to furniture. Neighbors recalled seeing them marching during the night, and they were almost never allowed outside. They were finally liberated when one girl escaped and managed to find a police officer. She was 17 years old, but her growth was so stunted that police allegedly estimated her to be closer to 10 years old when they first saw her.
Published: Monday, January 22, 2018 @ 9:56 PM
Mourners lit candles and prayed for Isaiah and Iliyah Miller, as well as their mother, Christina Treadway, near their home on Sebastiani Drive.
Police said Treadway killed her two children before killing herself along Interstate 485 earlier this month.
In a new and emotional interview with Treadway's parents, Al and Patricia Treadway said were still in disbelief over their daughter and two grandchildren’s deaths.
Christina Treadway, 34, killed her two children before jumping off a bridge on Interstate 485, police said.
“She was just a lovely person. She was loved by so many people,” Patricia Treadway said. “She’s never had a mental problem. We never had a problem with Christina in any shape or form with mental or depression or anything to do with depression at all."
The Treadways told Eyewitness News that their daughter left the family a suicide note on Facebook with instructions to delete the note after reading what she had to say.
“She said she was sorry and to pretend to just forgive her and pretend she was 3,000 miles away happy," Al Treadway said. "Part of the message that she left for us said she couldn't leave her children without a mother and no one else would ever raise her kids. No one.”
Investigators are trying to figure out what led to the deaths of Treadway and her two children, 7-year-old Isaiah and 3-year-old Iliyah.
“Iliyah had a lot of what Tina had. She was a primper. She wanted to wear makeup. She’d say, 'Mommy do my makeup' so Christina would do her makeup for her and then they'd snap pictures and things. Isaiah, he was all boy. He was a prankster,” Patricia Treadway said.
“We’re devastated.The question right now is why?”— Stephanie Tinoco (@STinocoWSOC9) January 22, 2018
8 days ago police determined Christina Treadway killed her children before jumping off a bridge.
Christina’s parents drove 46 hrs from CA & spoke to me about tragic details after the death of their daughter & children @wsoctv pic.twitter.com/xtQ3Z0fycN
The Treadways said that their daughter was a singer and aspiring entrepreneur who wanted to start her own business to teach women about makeup and beauty and to encourage them to look and feel confident for job interviews.
Their daughter also had a YouTube channel where she displayed her talents and often featured her children singing.
"When she walked into a room, she lit it up just like her children," her mother said. “Their whole life was so much ahead of them, much like Christina.”
"We are devastated. My whole family is devastated and the question right now in everybody's mind is, ‘Why?" her father said.
The family said days before the death of their daughter and grandchildren, Christina made plans with her parents to move back to California.
“The plans were already made. We didn’t buy the tickets because we hadn’t heard from her,” her mother said. “If she was hurting that bad, I wish she would have called me that day to let me know.”
As investigators work to find out key details leading up to their daughter’s death, the Treadways are willing to wait as long as it takes to get those answers.
“I would rather them investigate, and investigate, and investigate and find out exactly what happened, no matter what the result. Rather than just say, ‘Oh, she just snapped and jumped off a bridge.'"
Neighbors have set up a small memorial in front of Christina Treadway’s home. The family is planning a service for Treadway and her children in California in the coming weeks.
Published: Monday, January 22, 2018 @ 2:35 PM
— A Georgia State University soccer player was suspended from the team after she used a racial epithet on social media, school officials said.
Freshman defender Natalia Martinez’s name was stripped from the team’s online roster after the epithet appeared on her Finsta page, a secret version of Instagram that is growing in popularity among teens.
“We do not tolerate the language the student used in her post,” the university said in a statement.
Associate athletic director Mike Holmes told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that officials were made aware of Martinez’s post Friday morning.
“We are handling the matter internally at the present time,” he said.
Statement from GSU Athletics: pic.twitter.com/qLop6vODek— GSU Panthers (@GSUPanthers) January 20, 2018
According to an online bio, Martinez is from Weston, Florida. Some Georgia State students are petitioning for her expulsion.