Ashley Judd accuses Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment

Published: Thursday, October 05, 2017 @ 6:58 PM

(Left Photo by Gabriel Olsen/FilmMagic | Right photo by Tim Boxer/Getty Images)
(Left Photo by Gabriel Olsen/FilmMagic | Right photo by Tim Boxer/Getty Images)

UPDATE: Hollywood producer and studio executive Harvey Weinstein will be suspended from The Weinstein Co. pending an investigation of sex harassment claims, The Associated Press reported Friday. Weinstein had already announced he was taking a leave of absence.

Read the original report below.

Weinstein made unwanted sexual advances on actress Ashley Judd decades ago, according to her recent bombshell, on-the-record interview with The New York Times.

>> Read more trending news 

According to Judd, Weinstein invited her to the Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel 20 years ago for what Judd thought was a professional breakfast meeting. But the Hollywood mogul sent her up to his room instead and when she got there, he was wearing a bathrobe. He offered her a massage and asked her if she wanted to watch him take a shower.

“How do I get out of the room as fast as possible without alienating Harvey Weinstein?” Judd, who was filming “Kiss the Girls” at the time, said she remembers thinking. “I said no, a lot of ways, a lot of times, and he always came back at me with some new ask. It was all this bargaining, this coercive bargaining.”

Judd escaped the room by joking that she would have to win an Oscar in one of Weinstein’s films first if he wanted to touch her. She said she felt “panicky, trapped” during the incident and detailed it in 2015 without revealing Weinstein’s name, saying, “I was sexually harassed by one of our industry’s most famous, admired-slash-rivaled bosses … He was very stealth and expert about it. He groomed me.”

“Women have been talking about Harvey amongst ourselves for a long time, and it’s simply beyond time to have the conversation publicly,” Judd said. The report included interviews with several other woman, ranging from their early 20s to late 40s, all of whom recounted similar interactions with Weinstein over multiple decades.

Man stuns fellow drivers by stripping naked, jumping on cars

Published: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 @ 6:11 PM

The main terminal at Washington Dulles International Airport (Photo by Mark Wilson/Getty Images)
Mark Wilson/Getty Images
The main terminal at Washington Dulles International Airport (Photo by Mark Wilson/Getty Images)(Mark Wilson/Getty Images)

Wild footage taken during a Tuesday afternoon Incident shows a naked man running down a highway and jumping onto vehicles after crashing his own truck — causing the road to close to traffic.

>> Read more trending news

Police responded to a call about an accident near Washington Dulles International Airport and a man possibly fleeing the scene without his clothes on. According to officers, one of the drivers involved in the crash got out of his car and assaulted the other driver. That’s when the suspect reportedly undressed and jumped onto a passing vehicle. After causing damage to the truck, he got off of it and ran away.

The video shows the man trying to climb into a dump truck. At one point, he jumps onto the back of a passing truck, clinging on as the driver attempts to drive away. Theo Garner watched the entire episode from the Herndon office building.

“Out of the corner of my eye, I see a ... half-naked guy cross eight lanes of traffic on 28. He then climbs up on the back of the dump truck that a pickup truck had slammed into the back of, disrobes and then proceeds to throw things on 28,” he said. “It’s not something you see every day. I’ve been working there for 17 years and I’ve never seen any shenanigans like that man. That was absolutely insane. But I’ll tell you it did brighten up a boring workday.”

The man was later located on Dulles property, arrested and taken to a nearby hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Police are reportedly still working to identify the suspect, and charges against him are pending.

Omarosa Manigault Newman ‘physically dragged’ from White House, reports confirm

Published: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 @ 9:57 AM
Updated: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 @ 9:08 PM

Who is Omarosa Manigault Newman

Omarosa Manigaul Newman, the “Apprentice” star turned White House aide, was removed from the White House Tuesday night,“physically dragged and escorted off the campus,” according to several news reports.

Manigault-Newman announced her resignation on Wednesday, effective next month.

>> Read more trending news

Related

PBS suspends ‘Tavis Smiley’ show amid sexual misconduct investigation

Published: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 @ 7:04 PM

Who Is Tavis Smiley?

PBS has suspended the “Tavis Smiley” show following allegations of sexual misconduct between Smiley and former production staffers.

>> Read more trending news

According to Variety, PBS hired a firm to oversee Smiley’s behavior after reports of misconduct. As many as 10 witnesses, both men and women, spoke to investigators.  

A PBS spokesperson released a statement on the suspension:

"Effective today, PBS has indefinitely suspended distribution of Tavis Smiley, produced by TS Media, an independent production company. PBS engaged an outside law firm to conduct an investigation immediately after learning of troubling allegations regarding Mr. Smiley. This investigation included interviews with witnesses as well as with Mr. Smiley. The inquiry uncovered multiple, credible allegations of conduct that is inconsistent with the values and standards of PBS, and the totality of this information led to today’s decision."

Second Georgia Dome implosion scheduled to bring down remaining wall

Published: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 @ 9:48 PM

Neighbors fear the dust will be harmful to their health

The portions of the Georgia Dome that remained standing after the building’s implosion last month will be brought down next week, officials said Wednesday.

>> Read more trending news

“supplemental implosion” has been scheduled for 1 a.m. on Dec. 20 to remove a long wall on the stadium’s east end and a structure around Gate B on the northwest corner. 

The Georgia World Congress Center Authority, which operated the Dome, said the second implosion “has been determined to be the safest method to bring down the remaining infrastructure still standing.” 

>> Related: Dust from Georgia Dome’s implosion impacts residents and businesses

The Georgia Dome was the home of the Atlanta Falcons until the Falcons’ new home  Mercedes-Benz Stadium opened in August.

What’s left of the Georgia Dome after the first implosion on Nov. 20, 2017. One wall remained standing and is now scheduled for implosion in the middle of the night on Dec. 20, 2017.(WSB-TV None)