The following is a list of places you can go to purchase a fresh-cut Christmas tree around the region.
A. BROWN & SONS FRESH CUT CHRISTMAS TREES
7701 Salem Ave., Clayton | 937-836-5826 or 937-836-6445 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Pre-cut Ohio-grown trees cut daily, 2 to 15 feet, all varieties. Plenty of 10-to 12-foot firs available. Spruce, pine, fir, small live trees available.
- Extras: Cut your own white pine and fir. Fresh wreaths, branches and roping.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily beginning Nov. 27 through Christmas Eve.
- Directions: Take I-70 west to Exit 26, turn left on Hoke Road, right on Salem Avenue; tree lot is four houses down on the right or take I-70 east to Exit 26 and the tree lot is on the left as you get of the exit.
COUNTRY PINES CHRISTMAS TREE FARM
8280 W. Third St. (U.S. 35 West), New Lebanon | 937-835-3464 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch and white pine, spruce $34. Specially-marked trees, $15. Pre-cut Douglas, Fraser firs, Scotch, Noble fir and white pine vary according to size. Large selection of balled and burlapped trees for replanting. Tabletop trees as low as $8
- Extras: Tree shaker and wrapper. Saws and wagons available, but best to bring your own on weekends. Wreaths, garland and other natural decorations also available. Refreshments available on weekends. Civil War era barn with a beautiful stone fireplace.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. seven days a week from Nov. 27 through Dec. 20.
- Directions: Take U.S. 35 West for approximately seven miles. Farm is on the left a mile and a half past Union Road.
DEALKER’S FARM CHRISTMAS TREES
6520 Brantford Road, Dayton | 937-898-0891
- Types of trees, costs: Large selection of long-needled White Pine and Scotch Pine up to 10 feet tall; also a smaller selection of short-needled trees including Blue Spruce and Fraser Fir up to 6 feet tall. Pre-cut priced as marked or cut your own for $32.
- Extras: Baling $3. All trees shaken for free. Saws provided. Carts available. Tree stands and other items will be for sale. Cash or checks only. No credit cards.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; Noon to 5:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday starting Nov. 27 through Dec. 24.
- Directions: 1 mile South of Little York Road between North Dixie Drive and Peters Pike.
5376 Strawberry Court, Trotwood | 937-264-3081 or 937-974-7745
- Types of trees, costs: Cut your own starting at $26. Scotch pine and Douglas Fir. Fresh-cut white and Scotch pines starting at $26 and Fraser fir starting at $50.
- Extras: Saws, baling, wreaths and roping available.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; 1 to 6 p.m. Sundays, by appointment only Mondays through Thursdays, starting Nov. 27 through Dec. 24.
- Directions: I-70 to Hoke Road; go south on Ohio 49 and then right on Wolf Creek Pike; farm is the first drive to the left.
HILLSIDE TREE FARM
9055 Adams Road, Huber Heights | 937-233-1617 | Facebook
- Types of trees, costs: Cut your own white and Scotch pines and Canaan firs, $45 and up. Pre-cut North Carolina-grown trees, 3- to 9-foot, $39-$99.
- Extras: Saws and netting available. Free hot chocolate, coffee and candy canes. Tree stands, wreaths and pine roping also available.
- Hours: 4 to 6 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday-Saturday and Nov. 27; closed Sunday.
- Directions: Ohio 4 north from Dayton; go west a half mile to farm on Adams Road.
ADVENT CHRISTMAS TREE FARM, LLC
10581 Haber Road, Clayton | 937-479-2783 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Canaan fir, Colorado Blue Spruce, Serbian Spruce, White Pine and Scotch Pine
- Extras: Handmade wreaths, small gift shop with a wide variety of high quality ornaments and other shopping ideas. Free hot chocolate and popcorn. Free tree shaking, baling and drilling. Live farm animals.
- Hours: Monday through Friday 1 to 5:30 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. starting Nov. 27 through Dec. 24.
- Directions: I-70 to Exit 26, take right on Hoke Road; go 1.5 miles to National Road (State Route 40), turn left; go 1/4 mile to Haber Road, turn right; go 1.8 miles, farm on the left.
RED BARN TREE FARM
990 Soldiers Home MSBG Road, Miamisburg | 937-367-4508 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: 4 to 9 ft. tall Scotch pine, Norway Spruce, Canaan fir, Douglas fir and White pine. Cut any tree $28. Pre-cut trees $38. Tree netting $2.
- Extras: Free candy canes and hot chocolate.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to dark Saturday and Sundays and Monday through Friday by appointment through Dec. 20. Open all day Nov. 27.
- Directions: From I-75 Dayton Mall area, take State Route 725 west through Miamisburg, at the light just across the river turn right on to Soldier Home MSBG Road. The farm is one mile north on the right hand side of the road at the intersection of Soldiers Home and Manning Roads.
COUNTRY CHARM TREE FARM
348 Timothy Lane, Xenia | 937-352-6240 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Choose-and-cut Canaan fir, blue spruce, white pine and Norway and Black Hills spruce. Pre-cut 7-12 foot Fraser fir available from $34 to $99. also, Fraser fir table top with stand for $15. Balled and burlapped trees also available. Extra tall trees available.
- Extras: Shaking and baling services available. Free hot chocolate and cookies. Handmade wreaths and grave blankets.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday through Sunday starting Nov. 27 through Dec. 20. Call for appointment for special time if needed.
- Directions: Take U.S. 35 east around Xenia to U.S. 68, north on U.S. 68 toward Xenia to Union Road, follow signs for farm; or take I-71 north to Ohio 42 to U.S. 35 east to U.S. 68, follow signs to farm.
4382 Kemp Road, Beavercreek | 937-429-3407
- Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch and white pines, $30 to $60; Spruce and Canaan firs, $50-$90.
- Extras: Saws and loading provided. Free shaking and baling.
- Hours: 3 to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays; and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays starting Nov. 27 through Dec. 20.
- Directions: U.S. 35 to Woodman Drive exit, north on Woodman; right onto Burkhardt/Kemp Road. Farm is about a mile on the left.
MILLSTONE CHRISTMAS TREE FARM
2435 Ohio 72, between Jamestown and Bowersville, Jefferson Twp., Greene County | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Cut-your-own, balled and burlapped and pre-cut trees. Varieties include White pine, Scotch pine, Blue spruce, Norway spruce, Canaan fir and Frasier fir from $30 to $75.
- Extras: Tree shaking and baling, wreaths, grave blankets, porch trees, free hot chocolate and cookies.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Dec. 20. Will be open Nov. 27.
- Directions: Interstate 71 to exit 58 then north two miles on Ohio 72; U.S. 35 to Ohio 72 then south four miles.
CARL AND DOROTHY YOUNG’S CUT YOUR OWN CHRISTMAS TREES
4970 Springfield-Xenia Road (U.S. 68), Yellow Springs | 937-767-7288 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch Pine, White Pine, Norway Spruce, Canaan, Douglas and Fraser Fir and Blue Spruce. All pines start at $49. Spruce trees start at $54· Fir trees start at $64.
- Extras: Will shake, wrap and load every tree. Wreaths, stands and decorations to complete your Christmas tree shopping. Saws available. Gift shop available. Free hot chocolate and popcorn available.
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday starting Nov. 27 through Dec. 20.
- Directions: Take U.S. 68 to one mile north of Yellow Springs. Located just south of the big red barn, look for the little red tree barn next to Route 68.
SPRING VALLEY TREE FARM, LLC
2300 Cook Road, Spring Valley | 937-671-5443 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Variety of spruces and firs for cutting at $7.50 per foot up to 7 feet. Taller trees are a little more. You cut your own firs starting at $25 and more and a variety of living trees (balled and burlapped) $20 per foot. Tall firs: 9-14 feet
- Extras: Saws and tree cleaning are provided; bailing and bags $1 each. Free cookies and cider.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday through Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday starting Nov. 27 through Dec. 20.
- Directions: East on U.S. 35. Proceed south on U.S. 42 and watch for signs as U.S. 42 narrows, just after you cross the Little Miami River.
2393 State Route 202, Troy, OH | 937-335-6983 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: All fir trees $45 regardless of size.
- Extras: Saws provided and wrap and net available. Free horse-drawn wagon rides on the weekends through Dec. 13.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily starting Nov. 27 through Dec. 22.
- Directions: Take Ohio 202 north past Ohio 571, drive a couple of miles. Farm is on the left.
KRAFT’S CHRISTMAS TREE FARM
6780 S. Karns Road, northeast of West Milton | 937-698-6221 | Facebook
- Types of trees, costs: $20 any tree in the field.
- Extras: Cutting, shaking and loading services available.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to dark Saturday and Sunday. Closed Wednesdays. Open most afternoons and evenings starting Nov. 27 through Dec. 24.
- Directions: Located northeast of West Milton. From Ohio 48, go east on Frederick-Garland two miles to the dead end at Karns Road, then north to the third driveway on the left at 6780 S. Karns Road. Look for the red Christmas tree shaped signs.
A. BROWN & SONS
Three miles west of Verona on Rockridge Road | 937-836-5826 or 937-836-6445 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Cut-your-own Scotch, Austrian and white pine and some spruce, giant Serbian spruce, Canaan firs up to 14 feet, all priced by size.
- Extras: Fresh roping and wreaths available. Hand saws provided.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays. Open weekends Nov. 28 through Dec. 13.
- Directions: U.S. 40 to Lewisburg; go north on Ohio 503, west on Georgetown-Verona Road and right on Rockridge Road
GREENE ACRES CHRISTMAS TREE FARM
9504 Lower Valley Pike, Medway | 937-849-1486 | Facebook
- Type of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch pines and Canaan firs. Field trees and pre-cut trees also available – Frasier, Douglas and Scotch.
- Extras: Complimentary tree shaking and netting. Gift shop. Cookies and cocoa on the weekends. Visit the alpacas.
- Hours: 4 to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday starting Nov. 27 through Dec. 24.
- Directions: Take I-70 to I-675 North; turn right on Lower Valley Pike, which is Main Street in Medway.
KNOLL TOP CHRISTMAS TREES AND WREATH
5221 Snyder Domer Road, Springfield | 937-969-8338
- Types of trees, costs: Scotch Pine, Norway Spruce, Colorado Spruce, Douglas Fir, Frazer Fir. $39 and up.
- Extras: U-cut, fresh cut and B&B trees for planting. Wreaths made on the farm 20 inches to 6 feet. Tree stands, shaking, baling, bow saws, sleds and carts to retrieve trees, warm sales area, free hot chocolate on weekends, restroom in the barn.
- Hours: 3 to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday; Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. starting Nov. 27 through December 20.
- Directions: Take Upper Valley Pike past the Upper Valley Mall to Tremont City turn left (west) at the traffic light and follow the signs; take the left fork at the three way just before arriving at the farm.
PAT’S CHRISTMAS TREE FARM
520 Whaley Road, New Carlisle | 937-344-0008 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch and White Pine and Fraser firs and Canaan firs. All trees $45.
- Extras: Shaking and packaging services available. Fresh handmade wreaths and grave blankets available.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to dusk daily, starting Nov. 27 through Dec. 24.
- Directions: Half-mile south of U.S. 40 across from Tecumseh Middle School. Farm is about a mile on the left on Whaley Road.
THE CUTTING FARM
8367 Milton-Carlisle Road in Bethel Twp.
- Types of trees, costs: Four kinds of Scotch pines and White pines. $4 per foot
- Extras: Free shaking provided. Free hayrides for all to and from fields plus treats for the kids. Saws provided for cutting. Netting of trees and tree bags are available for a cost.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Open all day Nov. 27. This will be their FINAL season.
- Directions: Take Ohio 235 to New Carlisle; north on Ohio 571 about a mile to Milton-Carlisle Road; go a couple of miles, farm is on the right; or I-675 through Medway, cross U.S. 40, head north until the road deadends on Milton-Carlisle, turn right and farm is 2 miles.
BARN N BUNK
3677 Wayne-Madison Road, Trenton | 513-988-9211 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Fresh cut Ohio trees including Fraser fir, noble fir, Canaan fir, white pine. $20 to $120.
- Extras: Wreaths and roping. Two barns with produce, Amish cheeses, baked goods and crafts. Also, ice cream, deli and candy.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Brunch buffet on Sunday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning Nov. 27 through Dec. 22.
JOHN T. NIEMAN NURSERY
3215 New London Road, Hamilton | 513-738-1012 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Canaan fir, scotch pine, white pine, blue spruce, Norway spruce up to 20 feet. Sixty acres of trees. $20 to $200. Assistance in cutting, hauling and loading to vehicle. Balled and burlapped trees and tree stands.
- Extras: Wreaths, swags, arrangements and roping. Complimentary hot chocolate and cookies.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. Open now through Dec. 23.
- Directions: Take U.S. 27 north to Ross-Hamilton exit. Turn left on Ohio 128. At first light, turn right on School road, then right on Layhigh Road, turn left on New London Road.
AJ NIEMAN NURSERY
3881 Cincinnati-Brookville Road, Ross | 513-738-1332 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Scotch pine, white pine, Douglas Fir, Norway spruce, blue spruce and Fraser firs starting at $5 per foot.
- Extras: Blue Spruce up to 9 feet tall.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to dark, Saturday and Sunday only starting Nov. 27 through Dec. 20.
BIG TREE PLANTATION
2544 S. Waynesville Road, Morrow | 513-836-0975 | bigtreeplantation.com
- Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan fir, Blue spruce, White and Scotch pine $35 and up. Pre-cut Fraser firs, Scotch pine and burlapped trees also available. $45 and up.
- Extras: Saws, shaking and baling services available. Wagon rides and hot chocolate. Wreaths available, life-size Nativity scene; delivery, set-up and pickup services available.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday from Nov. 27 through Dec. 23.
- Directions: I-71 to exit 32 (Morrow); east 1.2 miles to South Waynesville Road, turn right.
BERNINGER TREES AND WREATHS
1220 Stubbs Mill Road, Lebanon | 513-932-2780 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan firs, Scotch or white pine, $33. Pre-cut Fraser firs $55 and up.
- Extras: Handmade wreaths.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday through Sunday starting Nov. 27 to Dec. 24.
- Directions: From I-71, take Ohio 48 north to Ohio 123. Turn right on Ohio 123, then immediately turn right on Stubbs Mill Road. From I-75, take Ohio 63 east through Lebanon. This becomes Ohio 123. Turn right on Stubbs Mill Road. Farm is 1.1 miles on left.
ROSSMANN’S CHRISTMAS TREE FARM
7917 State Route 132, Blanchester | 513-317-0692 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch pine, White pine and Canaan fir. $30-$100.
- Extras: Handsaws and tree sleds provided. Trees shaken and baled. Wreaths and swags. Free hot chocolate.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 27, Noon to 5 p.m. Fridays and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday through Dec. 20.
- Directions: From I-275, east on St. Rt. 28, left on St. Rt. 132 to farm on left. From I-71, take St. Rt. 123 to Morrow, left on St. Rt. 22 and right on St. Rt. 132 to farm on right.
TIMBERWIND TREE AND CHESTNUT FARM
1566 W. Pekin Road, Lebanon | 937-746-5027 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Fir, Spruce, White Pine, and Scotch Pine Christmas trees. Freshly made Wreaths. Trees of all sizes from 4 to 10 feet. 400 trees available. $25 for any size Pine tree. $35 for Fir and Spruce trees. Pre-cut Fir trees 9-13 feet. $45-$75.
- Extras: Sample roasted chestnuts from our Chestnut Orchard. Chestnuts $3 lb. Saws provided, trees bagged, wagon rides, free family photo, free hot chocolate.
- Hours: Open Saturdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Also open the day after Thanksgiving.
- Directions: Located in northern Warren County between Springboro and Lebanon. Take I-75 south to Route 73. East on Route 73 for 3 miles to Route 741. South on Route 741 for 3 miles to Pekin Road (on the left) East on Pekin Road for 1/2 mile to Timberwind.
WERTZ FAMILY TREE FARM
5682 Union Road, Franklin | 937-746-7870 | Website
- Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan fir and Scotch pine, White Spruce , Norway and Blue spruce and pre-cut Fraser firs. Cut-your-own $7.50/foot, pre-cut $8.50/foot. Ten feet and taller, $10/foot.
- Extras: Handmade wreaths, saws provided, free hot chocolate; free tree shaking, baling and drilling.
- Hours: 4 to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday, Noon to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday through Dec. 19. Noon to 7 p.m. Nov. 27. Other hours by appointment.
- Directions: 2 miles North of Atrium Medical Center.