log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Thursday, February 08, 2018 @ 7:38 AM
— The Centerville restaurant that closed permanently earlier this week may not be gone for long, according to a spokesman for the restaurant’s owners.
This news outlet reported Wednesday morning, Feb. 7 that the Buffalo Wings & Rings restaurant at 894 S. Main St. (Ohio 48) in the Centerville Square Shopping Center had shut down for good on Monday, Feb. 5 — but the chain apparently hasn’t given up on the Dayton area.
MOTHER VS. SON: Coldwater Cafe restaurant lawsuit ends abruptly
Messages left with Buffalo Wings & Rings corporate officials late Tuesday, Feb. 6 were returned this morning, Feb. 8, by a spokesman for Buffalo Wings & Rings. Here’s what the company’s spokesman had to say:
“We recently made the decision to close our Centerville location. With the lease ending, we have decided to explore other options for where a restaurant can thrive within the area and best serve our fans in Montgomery and Greene counties.”
“Employees from the Centerville location were notified and are able to apply for available positions at other Buffalo Wings & Rings locations. We hope our fans in the area will visit us at nearby locations in Monroe, Mason and Liberty Twp., and we hope to be back in Centerville area soon!”
Wings & Rings operates eight other locations in the Cincinnati area as well as locations in Piqua and Lima.
Buffalo Wings & Rings was founded in 1984 in Cincinnati and operates 58 restaurants worldwide. Its menu includes includes wings, burgers, gyros, wraps, salads, sandwiches and quesadillas.
Published: Saturday, February 17, 2018 @ 7:06 PM
Updated: Saturday, February 17, 2018 @ 7:39 PM
WASHINGTON TWP. — UPDATE @7:39 p.m.
Officials said a car merging onto northbound I-675 struck another car.
One person was taken to a local hospital, but no serious injuries were reported.
Crews are responding to a reported 3-vehicle crash on northbound I-675 in Washington Twp.
The crash was reported around 6:50 p.m. at Mile Marker 3, just north of Ohio 725.
Injuries have been reported.
This story will be updated as additional details become available.
Published: Saturday, February 17, 2018 @ 5:19 PM
DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. — Charges are pending for a driver who hit and killed a girl while she was walking to the bus stop with her mother.
The crash happened at Rays Road and Central Drive in DeKalb County. The mother, Dawt Chin Sung, was holding Tluang Tha Men, 8, in her arms when the car struck them.
Friends and relatives said they're still in shock.
“Everyone is praying for them,” a friend said, asking not to be identified.
Close friends and relatives of Tluang gathered at the little girl’s home in Stone Mountain after they heard the horrible news.
“They hit them at the bus stop,” the friend said.
Authorities said Sung was carrying her daughter to a bus stop at the corner of Rays Road and Central Drive, which is very close to their home.
Police said they were walking in a crosswalk when Ejigayheu H. Tsegaye, 38, hit them.
Witnesses told police the bus driver put out the stop sign arm but the driver went through the green light at the intersection anyway.
The little girl was killed. Her mother was taken to the hospital with moderate injuries, police said.
DeKalb PD: 8 year old girl, struck by vehicle while crossing street to get on school bus. She is in critical condition. Mother was struck as well with moderate injuries. Both transported to the hospital. The driver is still at the scene. @wsbtv pic.twitter.com/5NP5heaJkx— Audrey Washington (@AudreyWSBTV) February 16, 2018
Investigators said they have to recreate the scene and decide if they’re going to charge the driver with a crime or not.
The driver’s relatives said that the mother and daughter were not walking in the crosswalk.
“When the accident happened, the lady, she’s not crossing in the crosswalk, she cross in the road,” the driver’s cousin, Lung Thawng, said.
Police will have the final say and the victim’s relatives said they’ll withhold their judgment pending the outcome of the investigation.
“If the stop sign was up and hit her, that’s a different story. But if the bus stop wasn’t there, I don’t know what to say about that,” the friend said.
Published: Saturday, February 17, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A 14-year-old Charlotte girl who disappeared five months ago was found in Georgia this week.
Nakia Williams was last seen Sept. 7, 2017, after leaving her home on Wiegon Lane, according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police.
Georgia law enforcement officials were able to confirm Wednesday that she was seen in Emanuel County, Georgia, and that she was possibly staying in Toombs County, Georgia, a neighboring county.
“And I thought I heard something wrong, and I was like, 'What did you say?' And she repeated, 'We found her,'” Shrounda Alston, Nakia’s cousin, said.
Nakia’s mother told Channel 9 that she was found that same day in Lyons, Georgia, which is more than 250 miles away from Charlotte.
“I was just able to wrap my arms around her, and just, we just cried for about five minutes,” Cherise Williams-Stowe, Nakia’s mother, told Channel 9. “We were just so happy to see each other.”
The family received the tip they have been praying for for months.
Family and friends did everything they to find Nakia, including handing out flyers and posting on a Facebook page called “Our missing hearts.”
Williams-Stowe told Channel 9 she still doesn't know the whole story of why Nakia disappeared and what happened in the past five months.
“She said she learned a lot while she was out,” Williams-Stowe said. “She learned it was hard trying to be out there on your own and everybody doesn't love you.”
Many of those questions are still being investigated, but Alston said the family can finally rest knowing Nakia is back home.
Published: Saturday, February 17, 2018 @ 3:38 PM
Updated: Saturday, February 17, 2018 @ 6:10 PM
FRANKLIN — UPDATE @6:10 p.m.
Twelve pets, including 11 dogs and 1 bird, were rescued from a house on fire.
Fire crews said when they arrived on scene of the fire in the 900 block of Turner Lane Saturday afternoon, heavy smoke and flames were showing. All the residents were able to make it out safely, but they advised of the 12 pets trapped in the house.
Crews initially said 10 pets were in the house.
Fire crews said the pets were scared and didn’t want to be touched, which made rescuing them difficult. It took about 15 minutes to get the 12 pets out of the house, which are safe and weren’t injured, crews said.
The fire is believed to have started in a wall or on a deck.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family. The home sustained an estimated $30,000 to $40,000 in damages.
No one was injured.
UPDATE @ 4:50 p.m.
Firefighters were able to rescue 10 pets from a burning home in Franklin Saturday afternoon.
Officials said all 10 of the family’s pets were pulled to safety and were not injured after the fire broke out in a home in the 900 block of Turner Lane around 3:25 p.m.
The residents and firefighters battling the blaze were also not injured. Crews initially reported possible injuries after a man was found on the porch of the home when emergency units first arrived. Those reports were later deemed unfounded, according to investigators.
The cause of the fire is unknown and still under investigation, fire officials said.
Fire crews have responded to reports of a house fire in the 900 block of Turner Lane in Franklin Saturday afternoon.
Firefighters reported heavy smoke and flames coming from the house around 3:25 p.m.
Initial reports indicate at least one person might have been injured.