latest headlines

Grain bin fire extinguished quickly in Greene Co.

Published: Friday, November 10, 2017 @ 7:58 AM
Updated: Friday, November 10, 2017 @ 2:58 PM
By: Breaking News Staff

UPDATE @ 2:54 p.m.

According to a Greene County Fire Official a grain bin fire early Friday morning was extinguished quickly with minimal damage. The cause of the fire is believed to be the bin’s motor shorting out.

RELATED: See more trending stories on WHIO.com

Amazingly, the official reported almost all the grain was able to be salvaged. 

FIRST REPORT 

Fire crews in Greene County are on scene of a grain bin fire.

About 6:45 a.m. Friday, a dryer fire was reported in a grain bin at Con Mar Farms LLC, 3827 Port William Road, Jefferson Twp.

Heavy flames reported at former Hewitt Soap Factory; flames visible for miles

Mutual aid was being called from the area.

We will update this report.