Former Franklin school employee indicted on sexual misconduct charges

Published: Monday, February 05, 2018 @ 4:51 PM

A former Franklin City Schools employee was indicted Feb. 2 by a Warren County grand jury for having sexual contact with two students under 16 years of age. ED RICHTER/STAFF 
A former Franklin City Schools employee was indicted Feb. 2 by a Warren County grand jury for having sexual contact with two students under 16 years of age. ED RICHTER/STAFF 

A former Franklin school employee was indicted by a Warren County grand jury on nine counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.

Christina Moses, 25, of Franklin, allegedly had sexual contact with two boys who were younger than 16 years of age between May and November 2017, according to Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell. The charges are fourth-degree felonies.

Fornshell said the investigation showed the actions between Moses and the two boys were not connected to the school district and that none of the alleged incidents happened at the school.

MORE: Franklin schools employee resigns after sexual misconduct allegations

An arrest warrant was issued for Moses on Monday, and as of late Monday afternoon Moses had not been taken into custody. Fornshell said suspects are typically arraigned on charges shortly after being taken into custody.

At a news conference held on Nov. 22, 2017, Franklin police and school district officials said the employee was placed on administrative leave but later resigned following accusations of possible sexual misconduct with a student.

Police initially said the school administration conducted an administrative inquiry into rumors of sexual misconduct by a school employee with a 15-year-old student. Within two hours, the parent, student and employee were all interviewed by school staff. At the news conference, police and school officials said they did not believe improper conduct occurred on school grounds or during school hours.

MORE: This rubble in Middletown still has an uncertain cause: What we know now

According to district records, Moses was hired as a substitute worker in October 2016 and was hired as cafeteria cashier and second shift custodian in September 2016.

On Nov. 27, 2017, the Franklin Board of Education accepted Moses’ resignation as cashier at Pennyroyal Elementary and a custodian at the Hampton Bennett Building.

Trending - Most Read Stories

84 children have died so far this flu season, CDC says

Published: Saturday, February 17, 2018 @ 8:46 PM

File photo.  (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
File photo. (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)(Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

As of Friday, 84 children in the U.S. have died from in the flu since October, according to the CDC. 

>> Read more trending news

In a news conference Thursday, the CDC said that of those who died, three-fourths of them did not receive the flu vaccine. 

"We continue to recommend parents get their children vaccinated even though it's late in the season," Dr. Anne Schuchat told CNN. 

Health officials on Friday said about one in every 13 visits to the doctor last week was for fever, cough and other symptoms of the flu. 
The flu is currently widespread across 47 states except for Oregon, which is reporting local flu activity. 

In Massachusetts, there was a slight increase in flu-like illness this past week.
Medical professionals continue to encourage people to get the flu vaccine, even though researchers have found it to be 25 to 30 percent effective. To find a flu shot near you visit vaccinefinder.org

Trending - Most Read Stories

Jennifer Lawrence to take time off from acting in order to ‘fix our democracy’

Published: Saturday, February 17, 2018 @ 8:23 PM

TORONTO, ON - SEPTEMBER 10:  Jennifer Lawrence at the 'mother!' press conference during the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival held at TIFF Bell Lightbox on September 10, 2017 in Toronto, Canada.  (Photo by Emma McIntyre/Getty Images for Paramount Pictures)
Emma McIntyre/Getty Images for Paramount Pictures
TORONTO, ON - SEPTEMBER 10: Jennifer Lawrence at the 'mother!' press conference during the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival held at TIFF Bell Lightbox on September 10, 2017 in Toronto, Canada. (Photo by Emma McIntyre/Getty Images for Paramount Pictures)(Emma McIntyre/Getty Images for Paramount Pictures)

Jennifer Lawrence plans to take the next year off from acting in order to devote time working with a group trying to limit the influence of money in politics. 

>> Read more trending news

Lawrence, 27, is a member of the board of Represent.Us, a group working to pass anti-corruption laws which limit the amount of money that can be used to influence politicians.

"I'm going to take the next year off. I'm going to be working with this organization as a part of Represent.Us ... Trying to get young people engaged politically on a local level,” Lawrence told Entertainment Tonight while promoting the release of her latest movie Red Sparrow. “It doesn't have anything to do with partisan (politics). It's just anti-corruption and stuff trying to pass state by state laws that can help prevent corruption, fix our democracy."

Lawrence, one of the highest-paid actress in the world, has used her position to help causes in the past. 

She participated in the Women’s March in January, posting a photo holding protest signs with Cameron Diaz and Adele.

"I stand in solidarity for Women's rights, Equal pay, DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals), CHIP (Children's Health Insurance Program)," she wrote.

Lawrence was also honored with the Sherry Lansing Leadership Award at The Hollywood Reporter’s 2017 Women in Entertainment Power 100 breakfast in December.

“It’s not easy to speak out,” Lawrence said. “It’s not easy to face criticism on a global scale. But the fact is I have been given a platform, and if I don’t use it, then I don’t deserve it.”

Trending - Most Read Stories

3-car crash reported on northbound I-675

Published: Saturday, February 17, 2018 @ 7:06 PM
Updated: Saturday, February 17, 2018 @ 7:39 PM

FROM SCENE: Serious crash on I-75 South in Monroe

UPDATE @7:39 p.m.

Officials said a car merging onto northbound I-675 struck another car.

One person was taken to a local hospital, but no serious injuries were reported.

FIRST REPORT

Crews are responding to a reported 3-vehicle crash on northbound I-675 in Washington Twp.

The crash was reported around 6:50 p.m. at Mile Marker 3, just north of Ohio 725.

>> WHIO Traffic Center

Injuries have been reported.

This story will be updated as additional details become available.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Crash on southbound I-75 in Monroe cleared; all lanes reopen

Published: Saturday, February 17, 2018 @ 7:34 PM
Updated: Saturday, February 17, 2018 @ 8:17 PM

VIDEO FOR DIGITAL - EDITED

UPDATE @8:20 p.m.

All lanes have reopened on southbound Interstate 75 in Monroe and the crash has been cleared.

A video sent to this newsroom showed a red SUV with heavy damage to the front.

Officials said injuries were reported, but the extent of injuries is unknown.

>> 3-car crash reported on northbound I-675

FIRST REPORT

A crash on southbound I-75 in Monroe has slowed traffic.

The crash, involving a semi-tractor trailer and a SUV, was reported after 7 p.m. about a mile south of Ohio 63. Initial reports indicate several lanes are closed.

Injuries have been reported, but the extent of injuries is unknown at this time.

This story will be updated as additional information becomes available.

Trending - Most Read Stories