Dilly, Dilly: Free beer for Philly 

Published: Monday, February 05, 2018 @ 7:26 AM

The History of the Philadelphia Eagles

Dilly, Dilly! Philadelphia fans, who already spilled plenty of beer after the Eagles’ 41-33 victory against the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LII, will be enjoying free brews when the city has a parade to celebrate the NFL champions.

Bud Light released details promising free beer for Philadelphia, making good on a bet the company made with Eagles’ offensive tackle Lane Johnson during training camp last summer, WPVI reported. 

Johnson told reporters last summer that if the Eagles won the Super Bowl, “I’m giving out beer to everybody.”

Bud Light then tweeted to Johnson with an offer. “Let’s make a bet. Win it all and the party is on us.”

Since the Eagles stunned the Patriots, it’s safe to say Dilly, Dilly: there will be beer flowing in Philly.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Céline Dion says her late husband is only man she’s ever kissed

Published: Monday, February 19, 2018 @ 1:43 PM

HOLLYWOOD, CA - FEBRUARY 27:   Singer Celine Dion (R) and manager Rene Angelil arrive at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards held at the Kodak Theatre on February 27, 2011 in Hollywood, California.  (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
Jason Merritt/Getty Images
HOLLYWOOD, CA - FEBRUARY 27: Singer Celine Dion (R) and manager Rene Angelil arrive at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards held at the Kodak Theatre on February 27, 2011 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)(Jason Merritt/Getty Images)

In a recent interview with The Project, 49-year-old music legend Céline Dion got candid about the 2016 death of her husband and manager René Angélil.

Dion described what it felt like to lose Angélil — who died at age 73 after a cancer battle —after decades of marriage.

>> Read more trending news 

“For three years, my husband did not have a sip of water or food. He was eating through a tube,” Dion said. “The only thing I hoped while he was in three years of agony: I wanted him to live in peace. I wanted him to feel so light and no worries. He had a little heart attack. It’s so quick; he didn’t even feel anything. I thought that he was like liberated from his pain.”

“He’s the only man I’ve seen. The only man I’ve loved. The only man I’ve kissed,” the Canadian added.

Angélil — with whom Dion shared sons René-Charles Angélil, 17, and twins Eddy and Nelson Angélil, 7 — died two days before his 74th birthday and days before the death of Dion’s brother, Daniel Dion. As Dion’s longtime music manager, Angélil had always had a role in her life personally and professionally.

Dion has a bronze replica of Angélil’s hand that she brings along to every one of her performances. With two Las Vegas residencies that combined have spanned well over a decade and counting, she’s had many performances with his hand in hers since his passing. 

Dion put her residency on hold during her husband’s bout with cancer, but it was Angélil’s constant support even through his illness that quickly led Dion back to the stage.

“I shake my husband’s hand and knock on wood with him every night before every show,” Dion, 49, told The Daily Telegraph. “Even after he’s gone, I still talk to him.”

A month before Angélil’s death, the longtime couple celebrated their 21st wedding anniversary.

21 years today 💍 21 ans aujourd'hui 💕 #tbt

A post shared by Céline Dion (@celinedion) on

“My husband wanted me to go back onstage before he passed; that’s what he wanted the most,” Dion said. “So I went back onstage while he was still alive; he wanted to make sure I could keep going. So I did prove to him (that), yes, I could keep going. I told him I’ve got the kids and that he’s got to trust me, he’s got to relax.

“He taught me so much. He did a great job; what he had been giving to me all his life and all my life will always be with me. He gave me his all. He mortgaged his house to pay for my first album. I guess before he left he wanted to make sure I was fine. I’m trying to prove to him every day I’m fine. Our kids are growing. We feel strong. We’re good.”

Trending - Most Read Stories

Police, FBI search for missing 5-year-old Kansas boy

Published: Monday, February 19, 2018 @ 9:53 AM

Kansas Police Searching For Missing 5-Year-Old

Police, along with the FBI, are searching for a missing 5-year-old boy in Kansas. 

Lucas Hernandez was reported missing Saturday evening. He was last seen at 3 p.m. in his bedroom by his stepmother, after she took a shower and fell asleep, KAKE reported.

Police were called more than 3 hours later, at 6:15 p.m., to alert them he was missing.

As of Sunday, an Amber Alert was not issued because there was no indication that he was abducted, KAKE reported.

>> Read more trending news 

A relative of Lucas told KSN, “He’s a bright little boy. He loves school. He loves his dad, his stepmom and his siblings. We just want him home safe, and if you have any information, anything about Lucas, please bring him home safely.”

But a great aunt of Lucas’ said they were worried about him, The Wichita Eagle reported.

Sally Rasmussen told the paper that she called the Kansas Department for Children and Families last year. His great grandmother, Jeannie Houchin, said that she was told that there was an investigation launched by the child protection agency, but the department didn’t confirm the women’s allegations The Eagle reported.

Police searched Lucas’ home and neighborhood using K-9 units, but didn’t find anything. They also went door-to-door asking neighbors if they noticed anything, The Eagle reported.

The FBI has sent its Child Action Rapid Deployment team to help find Lucas, KAKE reported.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Ohio sheriff: I will offer free conceal, carry class to teachers

Published: Sunday, February 18, 2018 @ 7:24 PM

WATCH: Florida Teacher Speaks Out About High School Shooting

Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones said Sunday he will take steps to bolster local school safety by training those who work there.

>> Read more trending news

Jones posted to social media that his office will offer free conceal-and-carry classes to a limited number of teachers in Butler County. He also said training on how to react during school shootings would be provided.

He said the details would be coming soon online at the Butler County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page.

Jones said Saturday he has “been saying this for years” as he tweeted a Fox News story that Polk County, Florida, Sheriff Grady Judd said it would be a “game changer” to allow some handpicked teachers to carry firearms in the classroom.

Jones, in a video posted Thursday, urged local schools to act now to improve school security in the wake of the mass shooting at a Parkland, Florida, high school on Wednesday.

He said local schools should stop doing fire drills and allow armed former police and military veterans into buildings to help protect students.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Republican mega-donor issues ultimatum on assault weapons

Published: Sunday, February 18, 2018 @ 6:29 PM

WATCH: President Trump Addresses the Nation After Florida School Shooting

Al Hoffman Jr., a North Palm Beach real estate developer and major Republican donor, is cutting off donations to candidates who do not support a ban on assault weapons, according to a report in the New York Times.

>> Read more trending news

Hoffman said he would urge other Republican donors to support an assault weapons ban, according to the report. Hoffman announced the ultimatum in an email to half a dozen Republican leaders, including Jeb Bush and Gov. Rick Scott. Hoffman has donated millions of dollars to Republican candidates and causes over the years.

A critic of President Trump, Hoffman supported Jeb Bush during the 2016 presidential campaign and donated more than $1 million to Right to Rise, a super PAC that supported Bush’s brief candidacy, according to the report.

“I will not write another check unless they all support a ban on assault weapons,” Hoffman wrote in the email. “Enough is enough.”

The loss of Hoffman’s support could be especially harmful to Scott, who is considering a Senate bid this year. Republican Rep. Brian Mast also will not see any donations from Hoffman if he does not support new gun legislation, according to the report.

Hoffman, who has a history of speaking his mind, has threatened to cut donations before. In an interview with the Palm Beach Post in 2013, Hoffman said he would be reluctant to raise money for candidates who do not support “reasonable” gun control. The same year, Hoffman wrote a letter to former House Speaker John Boehner, urging him to also support gun measures.

Hoffman, a former Republican National Committee finance chair and ambassador to Portugal, further rankled Republicans in 2013 when he said President Barack Obama was right on gun issues, Hoffman made the comment after most Senate Republican and a few red-state Democrats blocked legislation to expand background checks for gun buyers.

Hoffman alluded to past mass shootings in his email after the deaths of 17 students and teachers at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School last week. He said future gun massacres are inevitable without government intervention, according to the New York Times report.

“If we go from Orlando to Las Vegas, and now Parkland, you just have to know that there are others around the country just dreaming about staging another mass murder.”

Republican lawmakers in Florida have pushed back on gun control initiatives, despite the state being the site of the 2016 Pulse Nightclub shooting in Orlando -- the second-worst mass shooting in U.S. history that left 49 dead. Only the October shooting at an outdoor concert in Las Vegas claimed more lives, with 58 killed.

The day after the Parkland shooting last week, Senate President Joe Negron said his interest would be focused on improving school safety and access to mental health treatment – not restricting gun laws.

“My focus is on making sure that lawful citizens who are obeying the law and entitled to their constitutional rights have appropriate access to firearms,” Negron said.

Although several gun bills were introduced during the state’s ongoing legislative session, the only one likely to pass -- HB 1419 and its companion SB 1048 -- expands the rights of a licensed person to carry a concealed weapon inside a church or other house of worship.

Trending - Most Read Stories