breaking news

Teacher's aide accused of sex with 14-year-old student, offering sex to another boy

Published: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 @ 1:28 AM

Teacher's Aide Accused Of Sex With 14-Year-Old Student, Offering Sex To Another Boy

A former Colorado teacher’s aide, who has been accused of having inappropriate relationships with two students, reportedly waived her right to a preliminary hearing Monday in an effort to keep negotiations with the district attorney’s office open.

>> Catholic school teacher gets prison time for sexually assaulting 2 female students

According to the Greeley Tribune, Jerica Enriquez, 24, is facing charges in two separate cases involving underage, male students. In one case, she has been charged with sexual assault on a child by one in a position of trust and obscenity to a minor. In the other, she faces a charge of enticement of a child. The charges stem from her time working at Prairie Heights Middle School and Jefferson Junior High School in 2015 and 2016.

>> Teacher sentenced for sex with student claims victim lured her like 'used car salesman'

In 2015, Enriquez allegedly kissed a student in a classroom and offered to have sex with him, the Tribune reported. The boy reportedly told police and admitted to prosecutors that she also sent him a picture of herself wearing only a bra and underwear and a picture of herself naked. According to the boy, they never had sex.

>> Teacher accused of sexually assaulting special-education student appears in court

However, authorities said Enriquez did have sex with a 14-year-old student in fall 2016, the Tribune reported. Police also said she sent a nude photo of herself to the student, as well as a picture of a negative pregnancy test.

>> Read more trending news

Enriquez has not yet entered a plea in either case. Her attorney indicated that she wishes to continue to negotiate a possible plea with prosecutors.

Trending - Most Read Stories

3-year-old girl allegedly assaulted by her babysitter has died

Published: Sunday, March 18, 2018 @ 12:28 PM

UPDATE: 3-year-old girl allegedly shaken by babysitter was found with bruises on her head and face

A 3-year-old girl died today, just a few days after her babysitter was indicted on charges of felonious assault and felony child endangering.

Hannah Wesche was essentially “brain dead” at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, her father, Jason Wesche, previously told Journal-News. She was pronounced dead at 12:15 a.m., he said via a post made late this morning on GoFundMe page #Hannahstrong#JusticeforHannah.

As of 12:40 p.m. today, the page had raised $7,922 of its $15,000 goal.

Lindsay Partin, who is accused of assaulting the 3-year-old child while in her care March 8, was free on bond Thursday after being arraigned on a felony indictment Thursday afternoon.

MORE: Babysitter accused of assaulting toddler free on bond and back in court next month

Partin, 35, of the 4000 block of Shank Road in Hanover Twp., was indicted by a Butler County grand jury on charges of felonious assault and felony child endangering. Butler County Common Pleas Judge Greg Stephens set bond at $75,000 at her arraignment.

Partin was free on bond at 7:15 p.m. Thursday. She is scheduled to be back in court for a pre-trial hearing on April 9.

At about 7 a.m. March 8, Hanover Twp. emergency crews and Butler County detectives responded to Partin’s residence for an unconscious child. They found Hannah unresponsive with labored breathing, according to the sheriff’s office. There were obvious bruises about her head and face.

MORE: 911 call in alleged babysitter assault: “Hannah breath. Breath for Daddy”

The girl was taken by medical helicopter to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. After further investigation, detectives and hospital personnel noted additional bruising on the child’s body.

Partin admitted to striking the child and stated she had fallen and struck her head on the concrete garage floor the previous day.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Multiple shots fired at MJs Fish and Chips in Dayton

Published: Sunday, March 18, 2018 @ 12:08 AM

The owner of MJ’s Fish and Chips arrived Saturday to find that someone fired multiple shots into the building.

Surveillance footage from the restaurant at 1600 W. Riverview Ave. showed that just after 1 a.m. a maroon small sport-utility vehicle, possibly a Kia Sportage, slowly drove south in the wrong direction of Paul Laurence Dunbar Avenue. The SUV briefly paused in front of the store before leaving the area.

>> Customer threatens clerk with gun after he calls him the N-word

At 1:45 a.m., Dayton police officers are seen checking the area after someone reported hearing several shots fired.

Police discovered 11 bullet holes: six in the window to the west of the doorway; three in the sign above the door; and two in the door.

Got a tip? Call our monitored 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to

Trending - Most Read Stories

Customer threatens Dayton clerk with gun after racial slur

Published: Saturday, March 17, 2018 @ 10:04 PM

A Dayton man is jailed on gun-related charges this weekend after police say he threatened a clerk who used a racial slur against him.

Police were called around 9 p.m. Friday to Marathon gas station, 1845 N. Main St., on a report of a man with a gun. 

>> Dayton triple homicide suspect pleads guilty, avoids death penalty

The suspect had already gone, but an officer spotted a man who matched his description walking up North Main Street. 

The officer, with backup, apprehended the suspect — identified as 46-year-old Nigel Harrison — at gunpoint, and found a loaded weapon in his waistband, according to a Dayton police report. 

>> Horizon Science Academy staff member fired over threat

The clerk admitted to police he used the N-word against Harrison during an argument after he accused Harrison of shortchanging him. 

According to the police report, Harrison left the store, but came back inside and was yelling, making shooting gestures with his hand. At one point he pulled a gun out of his waistband and held it next to his leg, the report stated. 

>> Fairborn woman accused of stealing $116K from Moraine business

Harrison was booked on suspicion of felonious assault and carrying concealed weapon. He is set to be arraigned Monday in Dayton Municipal Court.

Got a tip? Call our monitored 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to

Trending - Most Read Stories

Baby revived with Narcan: Parents have history of drug incidents, records show

Published: Saturday, March 17, 2018 @ 3:51 PM

Baby revived with Narcan

Parents of a 10-month-old girl revived with Narcan had several other run-ins with police in previous months involving drugs.

Medics and police responded July 15, 2017, to a report of an unresponsive 10-month-old in the 200 block of Billwood Road in Dayton. They had to administer Narcan, an overdose reversal drug, to revive her.

>> Mom pleads guilty; father sentenced after baby is revived with Narcan

Police charged her parents with felony child endangering, after police say 27-year-old Carmen Lovely and 30-year-old Andrew Reboulet tested positive for fentanyl, a drug also found in the baby's system. It’s not clear how the baby came in contact with the deadly drug, but experts say even a tiny bit of powder on her skin could have been enough to put her in shock.

Dayton police records from 2017 alone show a history of drug-related incidents involving the girl’s parents.

>> Dark web fentanyl mailed within U.S. to Dayton address, feds say

In January 2017, police used Narcan to revive Reboulet. The next month, they revived Lovely. After they found her battered and partially clothed, officers wrote: “It appeared as she had been thrown from a vehicle after overdosing.”

In mid-May both parents were with their children at an elementary school. Police arrested Reboulet after they say he drove under the influence with his kids in the car. Officers wrote that Reboulet “almost fell with the baby in his hands. Baby with possible injuries from being dropped on head. (Parents) are screaming at the little boy, like it was his fault that the baby is injured.”

Police took Reboulet to jail, and medics took the infant to the hospital. Less than two months later, medics had to revive the infant.

Carmen Lovely and Andrew Reboulet(MONTGOMERY COUNTY JAIL)

When asked why the couple still had custody of the baby at the time she was exposed to fentanyl, a Montgomery County Children Services spokesperson could only say: “We do have a current open case in this matter.” Case workers were not able to say when the case was opened nor where the children are now.

Both parents pleaded guilty to child endangerment. Reboulet did not get time in prison but was sent to the alternative MonDay Program.

Lovely will be sentenced April 9.

Got a tip? Call our monitored 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to

Trending - Most Read Stories