Lebanon man accused of compelling boy to prostitution posts bond

Published: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 @ 6:39 PM


            Patrick Gallagher 50, has been released from the Warren County Jail after posting bond on a charge of compelling prostitution.
Patrick Gallagher 50, has been released from the Warren County Jail after posting bond on a charge of compelling prostitution.

A Lebanon man accused of soliciting sex from a boy in a series of text messages sent in July was free on a $15,000 bond, posted after his arraignment on Wednesday in Warren County Common Pleas Court.

Before the arraignment, Patrick Gallagher, 50, had been in the Warren County Jail, held without bond on a charge of compelling prostitution, according to jail records.

MORE: 20 busted in Middletown prostitution sting

Gallagher was arrested on Friday at his home after a Warren County grand jury issued an indictment in the case.

According to Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell, Gallagher’s charge stems from text messages he sent to the alleged victim after talking to him at an area restaurant where he worked as a busboy.

MORE: 3 arrested in on-line prostitution sting

Gallagher offered the boy employment and left him a business card, according to Fornshell.

He then offered to pay for sex in texts sent after the boy responded to the job solicitation after consulting with his father, Fornshell said.

Follow Lawrence Budd on Twitter

On Wednesday, Magistrate Andrew Hasselbach said Gallagher was barred from contact with the alleged victim as a condition of his bond.

MORE: Man charged with prostitution of wife

A hearing to appoint Gallagher an attorney was set for Nov. 1.

Group rallies for man shot by Moraine police, says lawsuit coming

Published: Saturday, November 18, 2017 @ 6:55 PM

Group rallies for man shot by Moraine police, says lawsuit coming

A Dayton-born reverend told a group of more than three dozen protesters that Jamarco McShann’s Oct. 20 death at the hands of the Moraine police department should signal a turning point in the demand for justice for black men shot by law enforcement.

“I for one am tired of watching folks sit on the sideline. It’s time to get off the bench and get in this game. We have to fight for change,” said Rev. Jerome McCorry, the president and CEO of the National Congress on Faith & Social Justice. “The death of Marco should not be in vain. Marco’s name should long be remembered as the rallying cry that finally made people stop sitting in their living room, looking at the news and saying I need to do something.”

People gathered Saturday afternoon outside the Moraine police department on Dryden Avenue as organizers urged them to fight for change, register to vote and return again for community meetings and more rallies. McCorry also said a federal civil wrongful death lawsuit against Moraine’s police department will be filed in the coming weeks.

RELATED: Moraine police shooting a first for the city

McShann, 23, died after two Moraine police officers fired at him after police said the Dayton man pointed a loaded semi-automatic pistol at them and failed to heed their warnings.

Moraine police Chief Craig Richardson has said officers John Howard and Jerry Knight were investigating a report of a suspicious vehicle at an apartment complex at 3750 Pinnacle Road when the encounter occurred. Howard and Knight were placed on paid administrative leave.

RELATED: Moraine officer-involved shooting: 5 questions we’re asking

The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation has assumed control of the case at the request of the Moraine Police Division. Richardson said an internal investigation

McShann’s mother, Sabrina Jordan, said her son was “over-killed” by Moraine police, who are not equipped with body cameras and whose police cruisers do not have the devices either, according to Moraine city law director Buzz Portune.

RELATED: What we know about Jamarco McShann

“There’s going to be a lot of stuff coming up. This is just the beginning. I’m not letting this go,” Jordan said. “I’ve lost three sons. One to street violence, another one to the prison system and now, Jamarco, to the police. I’m tired. I’m done. I’m fighting.”

Minister Raleigh Thornton Jr. said: “We need some people that’s ready to hit the ground right here in Dayton, Ohio, Moraine, Kettering, Beavercreek. We all need to be on the same page of saying, ‘No murder will go unpunished. No life — white, black, Chinese — is worth being killed if you have not done anything wrong.”

SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow Mark Gokavi on Twitter or Facebook

McCorry said private investigators also are studying evidence and talking to witnesses to the shooting.

“We’re here to fight for justice for that young man because we feel his life was unjustly taken,” McCorry said. “We’re looking to have some officers charged, indicted, convicted for the murder of our people, and that includes Jamarco McShann.”

‘Out of control’ Florida woman threw electric toothbrush at deputy

Published: Sunday, November 19, 2017 @ 4:04 PM

Santiago
Indian River County Sheriff's Office
Santiago(Indian River County Sheriff's Office)

A woman was arrested after spitting and throwing an electric toothbrush at a deputy in Vero Beach, according to the sheriff’s office. 

Indian River County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a home on Oct. 14 when a man reported that his 19-year-old daughter, Angelie Santiago, was acting “out of control” and would not leave, TC Palm reports. 

The man told deputies on the porch of his home that Santiago doesn’t live with him, but stayed there overnight and kept yelling at him.

Santiago then walked through the front door and spit in her father’s face, according to the arrest report. As deputies tried to arrest her she also spit in a deputy’s face and threw an electric toothbrush at him, striking his back, according to TC Palm. 

Santiago faces charges of battery domestic violence, battery on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest. She was released from the county jail on a $5,500 bond, according to jail records. 

Dayton fatal shooting victim ID’d; mother-in-law calls 911, says daughter has gun

Published: Saturday, November 18, 2017 @ 1:31 AM
Updated: Saturday, November 18, 2017 @ 1:00 PM

Our crew at the scene reports crime scene tape around 10 to 15 police cruisers can be seen in the 2400 block of Edison Street.

UPDATE @ 11 p.m.

In a frantic 15-minute 911 call, a woman who identifies herself as the shooting victim’s mother-in-law, told a dispatcher that her daughter fired the gun.

The man who died in the early Saturday morning shooting was identified as 35-year-old Chaunsay T. Tinsley Jr. of Dayton by the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office.

A preliminary cause of death was not ready. However, Dayton police Lt. Steven Bauer earlier said Tinsley suffered several gunshot wounds.

>> Homicide detectives called to shooting near Residence Park in Dayton

Police and medics were dispatched around 1 a.m. to the 2400 block of Edison Street. The 911 caller said Tinsley arrived at her daughter’s house intoxicated and attacked her daughter during a heated argument. She pleaded to the dispatcher to hurry or “you’re going to get someone killed.”

>> Police: Man shot in back on Edison Street

The argument moved inside, and it was there four shots rang out, which could be heard on the 911 audio.

Officers said they took a suspect from the scene, but that person’s identity has not been released, nor whether the suspect faces charges.

UPDATE @ 1 p.m.

The victim in a fatal shooting early Saturday has been identified as 35-year-old Chaunsay Tinsley Jr. of Dayton by the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office.

A preliminary cause of death was not able to be released. However, Dayton police Lt. Steven Bauer earlier said Tinsley suffered several gunshot wounds.

UPDATE @ 7:18 a.m.

The victim in Saturday morning's shooting on Edison Street has died, according to the Montgomery County Coroner's Office. 

A coroner's investigator told our newsroom the victim's identity will be released later today. 

>> Police: Man shot in back on Edison Street

Crews were called to the 2400 block of Edison Street on a report of a person shot. Police told our crew they believe the shooting stemmed from a domestic dispute. 

Dayton police said they have a suspect in custody as they continue their investigation.

UPDATE @ 3:31 a.m.

A man is in critical condition following a shooting in Dayton Saturday morning, correcting earlier reports from dispatchers. 

Dayton Lt. Steven Bauer told our crew police arrived on scene to find a male victim with several gunshot wounds. 

>> Homicide detectives called to shooting near Residence Park in Dayton

Police said the unidentified victim suffered life-threatening injuries and was taken to Miami Valley Hospital. 

Little is known about the motive behind the shooting or the suspect currently in custody. 

Our crew reports crime scene tape has come down as police leave the scene.

UPDATE @ 2:13 a.m.

At least one person is dead following a shooting on Edison Street in Dayton Saturday morning, according to regional dispatchers.

Our crew at the scene reports crime scene tape around 10 to 15 police cruisers can be seen in the 2400 block of Edison Street.

Dispatchers said only one person was reported injured after the shooting call came in just after 1 a.m.

One person is crying in the back of a police cruiser as police continue to establish a crime scene, according to our crew.

We will continue to update this developing story as new details emerge.

EARLIER REPORT

At least one person has been injured in a reported shooting in Dayton Saturday morning, according to dispatchers. 

Police and medics were dispatched to the 2400 block of Edison Street around 1:10 a.m. on a report of a person shot. 

Initial reports indicate there may be as many as two victims at the scene. 

It is unknown how many people were shot, according to dispatchers, but police logs indicate a person at the scene suffered a chest injury.

GOT A TIP? Call our monitored 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to newsdesk@cmgohio.com

Can you ID Clark’s Pharmacy robbers in Brookville?

Published: Saturday, November 18, 2017 @ 8:48 PM



Brookville Police Department
(Brookville Police Department)

Two men robbed Clark’s Pharmacy Saturday afternoon of cash and prescription pills.

The armed robbery was reported around 12:40 p.m. at the drugstore, 430 Arlington Road, in Brookville.

Both suspects are described as men in their 20s. One was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, sweatpants and a ball cap. The other was wearing a gray/black hoodie with dark jeans, a ball cap and bright blue Nike’s/Jays, according to the Brookville police department.

>> Dayton teacher reports assault by student at Thurgood Marshall High School

One of the two suspects showed a handgun during the robbery. They got away with an undetermined amount of money and prescription medication. Both left Clark’s Pharmacy toward north Arlington Road. They are believed to be driving a silver 2010 Nissan Maxima with an Indiana license plate, police said.

Anyone with information is urged to call Brookville police at 937-833-4357 or 937-833-2001.