Published: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 @ 4:45 PM
Updated: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 @ 12:45 PM
WHIO is the only Dayton TV station to bring you flash briefings on Amazon’s Alexa. Get breaking news, weather and all the day’s top stories from News Center 7 straight from your Amazon device.
Once you enable the WHIO skill on your Alexa device, all you’ll have to do is say “Alexa, what’s in the news?”
The most popular Alexa devices are Amazon’s Echo and Dot, but Alexa can also be found in phone apps, some new cars, and connected home systems. According to TechCrunch, Alexa is now the most used voice assistant, ahead of Apple’s Siri, Microsoft’s Cortana, and Google Home.
It’s simple to get started:
• Open the Alexa App
• Tap settings on the left navigation bar, then tap “Skills”
• From the search bar on the Skills page, type “WHIO” and tap the search icon
• Tap “WHIO Dayton Flash Briefing” to get WHIO-TV news and/or “AM 1290 and News 95.7 WHIO” for WHIO Radio news and tap the “Enable Skill” button. Try them both!
• If you would like to hear News Center 7 first, you may want to turn off or move the order of other Flash Briefings by tapping “Manage in Flash Briefing” after you have enabled the skill.
• After you turn on WHIO Dayon, ask Alexa, “What’s the news?” If you want to skip through your flash briefings, just say “Alexa, next one.”