log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 @ 2:51 PM
Updated: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 @ 2:51 PM
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the #TD7SPIRIT (the "Contest") is open to residents of the state of Ohio who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Media Group Ohio ("Sponsor") and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term "family members" includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 5:00 p.m. (E.T.) on August 28, 2015 and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on October 30, 2015 (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
Maximum one (1) entry per person per day during the Contest Period. A maximum of one (1) prize will be awarded per person. Entries exceeding one per day will be discarded.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant's entries and may result in participant's disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor's Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection and Odds. Each week starting from September 4, 2015 through October 30, 2015, one (1) participant chosen by a panel of judges chosen by the Sponsor will be selected to win a weekly prize and on November 6, 2015 one (1) participant chosen by a panel of judges chosen by the sponsor will be named the grand prize winner. Contestants who have won contests by Cox Media Group Ohio in the past 30 days are ineligible to play.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize Description.
One (1) Grand Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will each receive a $250 Visa gift card (ARV: $250 ).
One (1) Weekly Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Weekly Prize Winner will receive one (1) $25 Google Play Store gift card (ARV: $25 ). There will be ten (10) weekly winners.
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded in the Sweepstakes: $500
Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Potential winners will be notified each week during the contest period via Instagram.
In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor's notification within five (5) business days of notice or attempted notice.
To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must personally visit Sponsor's offices at 1611 S. Main St., Dayton, Ohio, 45409 within five (5) business days of notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. (E.S.T.) and 4:30 p.m. (E.S.T.) weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within five (5) days/hours of notification.
Sponsor's inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner's failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, result in the potential winner's disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will select up to one (1) alternate winner, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT'S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner's irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, INC., COX ENTERPRISES, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND THE prize(S), ARE provided "as is" and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT'S participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor. The #TD7Spirit is sponsored by WHIO and Cox Media Group Ohio. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after November 6, 2015) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), #TD7Spirit c/o Dani Szempruch, 1611 S. Main St., Dayton, Ohio, 45409. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Dani Szempruch at 937-225-2190 .
Published: Thursday, December 05, 2013 @ 7:51 AM
Updated: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 @ 3:06 PM
— WHIO's Storm Center 7 FREE weather app! Channel 7’s exclusive weather-only app delivers weather info anywhere, anytime on your iPad, iPhone or Android phone. The new app includes popular features such as a 5-Day forecast, interactive radar, severe weather alerts, live streaming, Twitter feeds, and user-generated photos with our iWitness7 community.
Published: Sunday, November 26, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
— There were plenty of crowds on Black Friday, but the shoppers that stayed home and took advantage of online sales is on the rise, CNN reported.
American shoppers spent a record $5 billion online in 24 hours, an increase of 16.9 percent in dollars spent on the internet from Black Friday in 2016. Those figures were released by Adobe Digital Insights, which tracks 80 percent of online spending at the 100 largest retail websites in the United States, CNN reported.
Amazon said Friday that orders were being placed “at record levels,” with more than 200,000 toys sold in the first five hours of the day, CNN reported. Amazon did not provide sales figures for the entire day.
While sales boomed online, purchases at malls and large retailers remained strong, CNN reported. Estimates from ShopperTrak, a data analytics company that measures the number of shoppers at stores, said sales at those outlets decreased “less than 1 percent” compared to Black Friday in 2016, CNN reported.
Adobe predicts that Cyber Monday will be even bigger than Black Friday, bringing in as much as $6 billion in digital sales, CNN reported.
Published: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 @ 11:28 AM
— Just because you're going to visit Aunt Edna in another state, it doesn't mean you have to watch Aunt Edna's favorite newscasts. You can still watch news from the Miami Valley no matter where your holiday travels take you.
NewsCenter 7 newscasts are available, for free, in a variety of ways.
First, you can watch the news on your phone or tablet any time in the WHIO news app and the WHIO weather app. Just tap the red "Watch Live" box on the apps to start watching the news. You can also watch anytime on our website, www.whio.com. Here's a direct link to the newscasts: http://www.whio.com/whio-tv/.
And if your Aunt Edna has a streaming box for her television, even better. You can watch newscasts from NewsCenter 7 on her television. All you have to do is have her download the WHIO streaming app on any of the following platforms: Roku, Vizio, Samsung, PlayStation Vue, Hulu, Amazon Fire and Apple TV.
There's more than the newscasts on the WHIO streaming TV apps. Click here (http://www.whio.com/news/local/watch-whio-for-free-without-cable-satellite/iLAINZ6N2zcudoFjXBqdLI/) to read more about that.
Published: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 @ 1:03 PM
— Get the cocoa ready and set your schedule for these family favorites!
Remember when Frosty first cam to life? Or when Rudolph saved Christmas? Kick off the season with the favorite holiday classics you grew up with! As you begin decorating the tree or wrapping gifts, these shows are perfect to help you prepare for the most wonderful time of the year.
8pm Frost the Snowman
8:30pm Frosty Returns
8pm Robbie the Reindeer: Hooves of Fire
8:30pm Robbie the Reindeer: Legend of the Lost Tribe
9pm The Story of Santa Claus
8pm Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
8pm Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
9pm Frosty the Snowman
9:30pm Frosty Returns
8pm I Love Lucy Christmas Special
9pm The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now in Living Color!