Maryland had another busy week recruiting, as Mark Turgeon continues to hone in on the next two classes.
Former 2014 forward target Gary Clark committed to Cincinnati.
Current 2014 center target Chinanu Onuaku visited Cincinnati this past weekend, but is expected to choose between Louisville and Maryland, with Miami as a potential dark horse. He visits the 'Canes this weekend.
Four-star 2016 DeMatha small forward Joe Hampton, rated as the top player in Maryland in the class, received a visit from Mark Turgeon. The rumor mill has him as a near-lock for the Terps.
Four-star 2015 Gonzaga point guard Bryan Crawford, considered the top player in DC in the class, visited Nebraska.
Five-star 2015 power forward Cheick Diallo, considered one of the top-ten players in the country, took a visit to Ohio State.
A week after receiving a visit from Mark Turgeon, five-star Wheeler (Ga.) teammates Daniel Giddens and Jaylen Brown received visits and offers from Marquette.
Now for football news:
DeMatha wide receiver Chris Jones, a three-star prospect in the 2014 class, committed to Wisconsin over Maryland.
Three-star 2014 safety Shawn Boone, from Dwyer (Fla.) High School (former home of Keith Bowers), visited Arkansas. He has future visits scheduled for Ohio State and Ole Miss.
2015 four-star Gonzaga offensive guard Richie Petitbon received an offer from Florida State. He's one of the top five DC players in the class.
Four-star 2015 New Jersey defensive end Jamie Gordinier received an offer from Pitt.
2015 four-star defensive tackle Adam McLean, who goes to Quince Orchard and is considered the top Maryland player in the class, received offers from Syracuse, Pitt, Towson (ha!) and Boston College. McLean visited Maryland for the FIU game.
2014 Big Board (Basketball):
- Melo Trimble, four stars, point guard, Bishop O'Connell (Va.)
- Dion Wiley, four stars, shooting guard, Potomac (Md.)
- Jared Nickens, four stars, shooting guard, Westtown (Pa.)
- Trayvon Reed, four stars, center, Shiloh (Ga.)
The Remaining Targets:
- Chinanu Onuaku, four stars, center, Riverdale Baptist (Md.)
2014 Big Board (Football):
- Will Ulmer, four stars, St. John's College (DC) - committed 4/25/13
- Johnathan Thomas, three stars, St. John's Prep (Ma.) - committed 5/9/13
- Vernard Roberts, three stars, Dunbar (DC)
- Demetrius Johnson, four stars, Annapolis Christian Academy (Md.)
- Tyshun Samuel, three stars, Chapman (Sc.)
- James Duff, unranked, Dunbar (DC)
- Andrew Gray, two stars, Chardon (Oh.) - committed 6/15/13
- Brendan Moore, three stars, Westwood (Tex.) - committed 6/25/13
- Larry Mazyck, unranked, Iowa Western C.C. (Io.) - committed 8/25/13
- Damian Prince, five stars, Bishop McNamara (Md.)
- Brock Ruble, three stars, DeMatha Catholic (Md.)
- Jared Cohen, three stars, Mcdonogh (Md.) - committed 2/18/13
- Kevin Wilkins, two stars, St. Joseph Regional (Nj.)
- Jesse Aniebonam, four stars, Good Counsel (Md.) - committed 8/23/13
- Tyler Burke, three stars, Coatesville Area (Pa.) - committed 6/25/13
- Brett Kulka, two stars, General Mclane (Pa.) - committed 6/24/13
- Melvin Keihn, three stars, Gilman (Md.)
- JaWhuan Bentley, three stars, DeMatha Catholic (Md.) (also inside linebacker)
- David Shaw,two stars, Spring Grove Area (Pa.) - committed 6/2/13
- Jalen Tabor, five stars, Friendship (DC)
- Marcel Joly, three stars, Forestville (Md.)
- Vance Roberts, three stars, ASA College (Ny.)
- Elliott Davis, two stars, Quince Orchard (Md.)
- Deandre Scott, three stars, Imhotep Institute (Pa.)
- Shawn Boone, three stars, Dwyer (Fla.)
- Jordan Noil, unranked, Norcross (Ga.)
- Juwann Winfree, four stars, Dwight Morrow (Nj.)