The Cleveland Browns held their final session of practice open to the public in training camp. That doesn't mean their work is done, though -- they'll still be busy over the next several weeks, leading up to the regular season. Here is what we learned from Day 16 of training camp for the Browns.
CLEVELAND BROWNS TRAINING CAMP REPORT - DAY 16 (8/13/13)
- Another Cool Practice in the Books: I have to lead off today's report with one of the most surprising aspects of camp this year: the weather. Despite holding every public session in the afternoon/early evening, this has to be one of the coolest camps in terms of temperature on record. I don't know if a practice ever cracked 80 degrees. Heck, today, I don't think temperatures reached 70 degrees.
We'll see if that ends up having any effect on fatigue down the road. In hindsight, it would've been nice to have at least a couple practices were everybody was sweating uncomfortably.
- Dislocated Thumb for Hardesty: The diagnosis is in: RB Montario Hardesty dislocated his thumb on the errant snap during Monday's practice. Poor guy. He did individual drills on Tuesday, but was held out of team drills and is not expected to play against the Lions this Thursday. At least it gives his hamstring more time to recover.
- Prepped for Every Position: No matter the technique, WR Greg Little wants to be prepared. We've seen him run through some of the defensive line drills in camp, and today, Daryl Ruiter of 92.3 The Fan had footage of him going through the footwork drills with the quarterbacks.
- Richardson Will Play Against Lions: RB Trent Richardson first learned that he would play against the Lions when reporters told him the news after practice. Of course, the reporters were just relaying information from Rob Chudzinski's press conference. Richardson saw a significant amount of first-team reps on Tuesday and appears ready-to-go for the game.
- Bogotay Owns Thursday: This week, K Brandon Bogotay will play the entire game against the Lions, while K Shayne Graham "gets the day off." I would anticipate that meaning that Graham will play the whole game the following week, but we'll see.
- Brownies: Nate Ulrich noted that two highlight touchdown passes went to WR Greg Little and WR Cordell Roberson, both with CB Abdul Kanneh in coverage. ... CB Buster Skrine continues having a very sound day of coverage. ... Glenville head coach Ted Ginn Sr. was in attendance, along with members of his team, and talked with owner Jimmy Haslam. ... FB Brock Bolen, who was signed awhile ago, finally returned to practice.
Link Collection / Training Camp Sources